Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-29-2020, 06:44 PM   #1
Mpsmith1

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE
Correction, PPF, Ceramic coat, tint and more...

First thing I’m doing to my ZLE is protect it.

Doing the following: decontamination, thorough paint correction, IGL Krenzo ceramic coating on the whole car, wheels and calipers, Llumar CTX window tint and Llumar PPF on the entire front and rock guards.

My good friends at “STL Best Films and Coatings” are doing the work in Chesterfield, MO. Frankly I’d never consider letting anyone else touch my car. They treat it like their own. I stopped by today to check on the work and couldn’t be happier with the quality. Picking it up tomorrow and will post more then.

Thanks SSTG!

Mike
Attached Images

Last edited by Mpsmith1; 01-29-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Mpsmith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:03 PM   #2
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Good choice, I did almost the same exact thing. Pricey but it keeps the car looking new and makes it easy to keep clean.
pauly1119 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Wow, talk about attention to detail! Looks like you’re definitely in good hands.

BTW, great colour choice!
Old 01-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #4
Mpsmith1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Wow, talk about attention to detail! Looks like you’re definitely in good hands.

BTW, great colour choice!
Thanks and agree!
Old 01-30-2020, 06:04 AM   #5
Cleancoupe

Drives: 18 ZL1 1LE
It was probably actually easier to ppf the bumper with it off the car. My guy said that bumper is a nightmare.
Cleancoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:36 AM   #6
Mpsmith1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleancoupe View Post
It was probably actually easier to ppf the bumper with it off the car. My guy said that bumper is a nightmare.
That’s right! And as you can see in the photo, they removed and reattached the canards too. I will be picking it up tonight and am excited to see how it shines!
Old 01-30-2020, 07:12 AM   #7
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
That looks great.
I did the same thing but used Suntek PPF. I did the entire car. I would suggest maybe doing the protection in front of the rear wheels as the fronts are so wide and the Goodyear’s pick up pebbles like crazy and they get flung into the rear fender.
My car is black, another thing I did was tint the windshield. So obviously being black it attracts the heat. I’m surprised how cool the interior stays when the weather here gets scorching hot and humid. My other black cars weren’t near as cool and I admit I’m sure a big part is the windshield tint. Not sure how hot it gets in your area but may wanna consider it if it gets really hot there.

And yeah, the front ends are tough to do on these cars. My guy looked over the car for a long time before he came up with a plan on how to attack the front end. In the end he basically used one big sheet and took his time and cut. One sheet for hood. One for roof. You get the idea. I find the stuff to be amazing and really easy to clean. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Last edited by Scottyz; 02-15-2022 at 04:25 AM.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 07:33 AM   #8
Mpsmith1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyz View Post
That looks great.
I did the same thing but used Suntek PPF. I did the entire car. I would suggest maybe doing the protection in front of the rear wheels as the fronts are so wide and the Goodyear’s pick up pebbles like crazy and they get flung into the rear fender.
My car is black, another thing I did was tint the windshield. So obviously being black it attracts the heat. I’m surprised how cool the interior stays when the weather here gets scorching hot and humid. My other black cars weren’t near as cool and I admit I’m sure a big part is the windshield tint. Not sure how hot it gets in your area but may wanna consider it if it gets really hot there.

And yeah, the front ends are tough to do on these cars. My guy looked over the car for a long time before he came up with a plan on how to attack the front end. In the end he basically used one big sheet and took his time and cut. One sheet for hood. One for roof. You get the idea. I find the stuff to be amazing and really easy to clean. Well worth the money in my opinion.
I totally forgot to mention that I had the rock guards done too!

I passed on doing the windshield, though but understand why you did. I DOES help.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:42 AM   #9
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

The rock guards help too. The PPF is amazing stuff. I’ve washed my car, driven to car shows that are like 60 miles away or more, got out of the car and use a quick detailer and wipe the car down. I’ll see minor swirls at first but give it a bit in the sunshine and the swirls are gone. Wish I had done it to some other cars I’ve owned in the past. Its definitely saved my front end from rock chips. Just over 5000 miles on my car and not even a minor chip on the front end.
Old 01-30-2020, 06:32 PM   #10
Mpsmith1

Expectations exceeded!

The car is silky smooth and looks wet as hell! Five year warranty. I’m thrilled... Hey, they even helped me drill my rear license plate since there were no holes!

Attached Images

Old 01-30-2020, 06:39 PM   #11
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Shouldn't there be about 5 feet of snow on the ground in Missouri this time of the year. LOL.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:53 PM   #12
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

To me it feels like the body is soft.
The car looks great. Time to enjoy and more importantly time for fun!!
Old 02-05-2020, 08:49 PM   #13
VQ35DE

Drives: 2013 / 2SS / RS / L99
LOOKS GREAT !
VQ35DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 06:50 AM   #14
LokisMinions

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Yup, did the exact same thing. Drove it home, next trip was to the detailer to apply the ceramic coating, ppf, and tint.
LokisMinions is offline   Reply With Quote