Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-22-2019, 01:44 AM   #155
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Gary H: Appreciate the offer! The blower setup came with the TB...I'm not ready for any cosmetic upgrades as of yet...thanks!
Old 12-22-2019, 01:53 AM   #156
Tim M

Took advantage of Black Friday sales with Jannetty Racing - Remote tuning kit purchased for $175 discount.

Still need to locate a balancer installer tool, belts, reservoir, crank seal, and possibly a blower insulation pad.

Likely begin the fun in February when it is coldest in the garage... ;-)
Old 12-22-2019, 06:45 AM   #157
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Hey Tim, I made it over here just in time for Christmas and my car should be arriving at the beginning of February! They changed my assignment on me a few months back so I’m up in Wiesbaden, a bit closer to Stuttgart, if you want some help installing your blower one weekend let me know I’d be down for some wrenching! Looks like first weekend of March the Ring will be back open, you better have it done by then haha
Old 12-22-2019, 10:37 AM   #158
Tim M

FNxR3DNECK: Congrats on the journey! I had heard you might be bringing a ZLE instead? Did you put your car in valet mode? Recall I have an extra front license plate, if you desire to go that route. Believe Stuttgart vehicle inspection is the most strict so you may not need.

Supercharger: I'd like to think my 14-year old will accomplish the deed for me...he is one very expensive mechanic.

Our first trip to the Ring this year was 9 Mar...not much traction due to the chill, but it was mostly dry so counting the days.

I hope to visit Spa next year as well - we should plan a track day...or two.

Last edited by Tim M; 03-21-2020 at 04:16 PM.
Tim M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 09:01 AM   #159
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
FNxR3DNECK: Congrats on the journey! I had heard you might be bringing a ZLE instead? Did you put your car in valet mode? Recall I have an extra front license plate, if you desire to go that route. Believe Stuttgart vehicle inspection is the most strict so you may not need.

Supercharger: I'd like to think my 14-year old will accomplish the dead for me...he is one very expensive mechanic.

Our first trip to the Ring this year was 9 Mar...not much traction due to the chill, but it was mostly dry so counting the days.

I hope to visit Spa next year as well - we should plan a track day...or two.
Nah no ZLE for me haha it just wasn't worth it, my next upgrade will hopefully be to a C8 (Grand Sport maybe?) when I get back stateside in 3-4 years. As for the front plate, I hear they aren't super strict up here so I'm going to try using one of the tow hook receiver mounted plate holders.

Believe me Spa is DEFINITELY on my list for this year! And a track day or two is just going to be starters for me haha I'm already looking into the No Limits Track Days for the Ring, fairly decent price at about 800 Euros. I also really want to hit up Hockenhiem as well if we can find a good track day there as well, keep me posted if you see anything good!
Old 12-25-2019, 03:32 PM   #160
Tim M

FNxR3DNECK: Lots of opportunities - lining up dates is always a challenge. Always a bit of a gamble with weather and a dedicated track day. Likely t is the best way to go for getting a good lap in no doubt (or late evening weekday). I'm not sure how many cars they allow to sign up and if it is just an open pit lane.

The open tourist days minimize the WX issue, but can be crowded. I did 35 laps on 7 visits - equating to ~$1200.

Tow loop plate: do it. I've seen others...mine failed when I tried it. A small square plate is ideal too...I have the full width deal.

Last edited by Tim M; 12-31-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-25-2019, 03:42 PM   #161
Tim M

Another piece of the puzzle showed up...balancer puller:

The installer is on order.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:02 PM   #162
Tim M

Few more parts arrived:

Balancer Installer:

Balancer bolt:

Front rotors are very impressive - substantial heft - far cry from the 13 inch C4 Corvette rotors I used to crack:

Amazing quality on today's cars!

Likely commonly known, but bit surprising is the OEM GM pads are literally rebadged Brembo Ferodo's:

Underlying label:

Old 12-31-2019, 02:39 PM   #163
Tim M

Blitzed to Pisa to climb the leaning tower:

Also did a side trip to visit both Lamborghini and Ferrari...pretty cool to see where it all began at least for the Italian tractor makers. Certainly the most expensive ball cap I've purchased at 40 odd Euro!

The drive down is worth the trip...212 tunnels and countless corners - felt like a video game. Unfortunate I was driving not the Camaro, but a Toyota...maybe next time without the weather...

Snow on one side:

10 miles of tunnel:

Blue on the other...

Whole lot of red:

And green:

Interestingly I spied only 3 Ferraris on the road in vicinity of the Ferrari facility. No Lambos... My visit to the Corvette museum showed nearly half the parking lot full of the plastic American sports car. A bit telling, IMO. Admittedly, it was December, but a near 60 degree Saturday at that.

Lots going on there:

Last edited by Tim M; 12-31-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:34 PM   #164
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Sounds like a good time.
Really cool you are able to see all this while you have the chance.
Old 01-15-2020, 01:15 PM   #165
twinschief

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Hey Tim, I'm a new member here with my Camaro being on order. I was in Germany with my girlfriend in September visiting her family. I rented a Golf R to drive around the Nurburgring while I was there. I have a video of your Camaro passing me on Sept 19th I believe. It was pretty awesome having a nice American car blow by me.
twinschief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:02 PM   #166
Tim M

Boost Creep: Quite fortunate for the opportunities...Pisa was an 8 hour drive. Keep pinching myself looking at the real thing when I've only seen pictures of it in encyclopedias (dating myself). Visiting both Lambo and Ferrari on the same day was a hoot - although I'm not really a museum guy. Looking more forward to Monza or Spa, etc.

twinschief: What a coincidence! I checked my log and was indeed there doing 5 laps on that day. Hopefully I was a courteous in my moves... ;-) Should have tracked me down in the 'pits' and gone for a ride! Love to see the video...
Old 01-16-2020, 09:44 AM   #167
twinschief

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I will try to edit my video down to where you pass me and upload it on here.
twinschief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 03:52 AM   #168
Tim M

Put the new front rotors on the scale:

Substantial...very nice:

Another piece of the puzzle arrived - ADM remote reservoir. Had to sent it stateside before sending overseas. Bit painful:

Few more parts are inbound such as serpentine belts...

Did locate locally a heat source for the crank bolt adhesive:

Hopefully 60 seconds of this will suffice:

We recently hit 50 degrees and dry air so the roads were clean...Camaro fired right up after being dormant for 6 weeks. Ran the grocery store and returned at 150 mph blast. That is a nice option...legally.

Looking forward to seeing what thrills an extra 200 hp will provide.