Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 02-27-2020, 02:15 PM   #1
Njdanny84

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via AIM to Njdanny84
2017 Camaro SS - changing brakes - list of tools needed?

Hi all,

Perhaps someone raised this question but I couldn’t find similar questions so here I go.

So my Chevrolet dealership wants to charge me 1,500 for new brakes and rotors. First I don’t think I need it, sense my car only has 32k miles, but let’s assume they do.

I think it’s too much money, I’ve googled videos and seems like something not too difficult to do myself. I’m very handy so I think I will manage.

Here I go with my questions:

- any recommendations on brakes and rotors? I see some on amazon, 450 for a set for all 4 wheels.. seems like a good deal.
- what tools do I need to get the work done? For example, watching the videos they have what looks like a screwdriver, some pointy stuff and a hammer to release the brake pads. Then there are some screws behind the calipers to detach the calipers from the rotors.. then there is a screw for the rotors to remove them.

Seems easy, just need some specific details on tools needed.. don’t want to start and then realize I’m missing a freakin tool.

Thanks guys, im also considering on painting my brakes, I have the black brembo, want to see some red!!

Thanks again!
Old 02-28-2020, 02:20 AM   #2
oOKhanhOo

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
https://youtu.be/43YbNX_RqL0
oOKhanhOo is offline   Reply With Quote