Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #15
Gossamer

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
so, they dont make a vert in a V8?
Yes they do.

I'll make a short story long. I've an avid motorcycle enthusiast.

I've been coast to coast and country to country and seen things that can only be appreciated on two wheels.

Well the brand I loved and gave me the best bang(IMHO) for my buck was killed January of this year.

So for the first time in nearly 4 decades of two-wheeling I'm bikeless.

Never owned a convertible so I thought I'd give it a whirl. It came down to Mustangs and Camaro's since I believe in buying American as much as I can.

A sweet 2012 Vert came available, almost show room fresh with 18,xxx miles early June. After many weeks of searching I snatched it. You wouldn't believe the horrible cars I came across in my search(poor ownership).

So rather than drop 40,000+ on something brand new as an SS convertible I took a plunge on a slightly used V6 with hardly any miles for 17,000.

I'd take a beating on a new car if I ended up not liking it.

And no it's not a replacement for 2 wheels. However at this price point my youngest will start driving next year so it's potentially a keeper. He gets the Impala, I get the convertible in case you're wondering.

I'll buy a new bike next spring. But I'm returning to the MoCo after a 20 year hiatus but they've come a long way. Still behind my last brand but much much better.

So I'm ok losing a few dollars with what could be a temporary ownership. I'm NOT ok with losing 10,000 on a quick turnaround.
Gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:08 PM   #16
sgrizzle

Drives: 2014 RS Convertible
I also opted for a convertible. I'm over 40 and never even ridden in one until I was convertible camaro shopping. (Also never owned a chevy before) I had a price point I was trying to hit and had to drive a bit but got a good deal on this one.

Almost every vehicle I've owned I've gone drop-in K&N or full CAI. I see the value but in the V-6 the sound is really my only complaint with this car. I don't want to wake the neighbors, but I'm not trying to sneak by them either.

My top two priorities on this are then CAI (or that SLP blackhawk thing) and new mufflers, for the slight performance increase but also richer sound. I've also got another vehicle that I'm restoring (and a family that likes to eat ) so I have to balance budget with my own impatience there.