#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-09-2017, 02:15 AM   #15
NBR IPD

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
My Camaro came with Four tires inside the Fenders. That was a nice feature I wasn't expecting. Do you guys with the 1LE have the same?
Great comment! Thanks. Before responding, see anything wrong in the first picture?

Btw, rolled fender = flared out more than stock, like what used to be done a long time ago with a baseball bat. Now there are machines one can use to flare out or "roll" your own fender. Hemmed fender = inside edge wrapped upwards to clear the tire. That is a stock feature.

Your post is not helpful and does not add any relevant information to the original question the way others have. I recommend creating a new thread to answer your question.

2017 SS 1LE Hyper Blue - PDR - VBHF63
NBR IPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:33 AM   #16
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBR IPD View Post
Btw, rolled fender = flared out more than stock, like what used to be done a long time ago with a baseball bat. Now there are machines one can use to flare out or "roll" your own fender. Hemmed fender = inside edge wrapped upwards to clear the tire. That is a stock feature.
"Rolled" is now generally accepted in the industry to mean just the inner lip rolled up and is not only used to mean flared out.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:59 AM   #17
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Great comment! Thanks. Before responding, see anything wrong in the first picture?

Your post is not helpful and does not add any relevant information to the original question the way others have. I recommend creating a new thread to answer your question.
Just ignore him, he has made condescending remarks more than a few times in the past...
Old 02-09-2017, 09:23 AM   #18
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Just ignore him, he has made condescending remarks more than a few times in the past...

I thought it was amusing. But yes off topic

My bad.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:44 AM   #19
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post

I thought it was amusing. But yes off topic

My bad.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:34 AM   #20
NBR IPD

Thanks to everyone who answered my question about their cars. It seems like a common issue the passenger side rear body panel flares out just before it meets the plastic bumper cover. Hopefully my second 1LE on order won't have it as bad as my current one.

Separately, my rental Malibu I have this week has exactly the same issue on the passenger side rear and not the driver side. I wonder if this is a common GM characteristic. The 1LE is my first GM car, so it will take time for me to understand all the vehicle details and what to expect. Thanks for your guys' patience.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:59 AM   #21
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

I looked at mine last night. Both rear fenders are rolled nicely, and as far as the "odd" bend in the sheet metal, I was only able to see it if I got way down and looked back at it. Mine is much less severe then yours, and are the same on both sides...it's something that even my OCD self would have never noticed otherwise. It really (at least on mine) seems to just be how the fenders were designed to meet up with the bumper. I tried to take pics, but you couldn't even tell in the pics...my car was built after yours, so who knows...maybe something was changed, or maybe some fenders are better then others depending how they are rolled.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #22
NBR IPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
I looked at mine last night. Both rear fenders are rolled nicely, and as far as the "odd" bend in the sheet metal, I was only able to see it if I got way down and looked back at it. Mine is much less severe then yours, and are the same on both sides...it's something that even my OCD self would have never noticed otherwise. It really (at least on mine) seems to just be how the fenders were designed to meet up with the bumper. I tried to take pics, but you couldn't even tell in the pics...my car was built after yours, so who knows...maybe something was changed, or maybe some fenders are better then others depending how they are rolled.
The replacement SS 1LE arrived to my dealer on 3/4/17 and I visited for a body panel and overall condition inspection before the vehicle swap takes place. There are no errors on this new one with product handling or body forming process that I can see other than a scratched side mirror. I'm not sure if the stamping process is improving or I just got lucky with this second order. But either way, I'm happy this new one has the correct body stampings.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:18 AM   #23
DFW1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE Mosiac Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
"Rolled" is now generally accepted in the industry to mean just the inner lip rolled up and is not only used to mean flared out.
I am too old and not up on how terminology evolves over the years. I can remember rolling the fenders on my wide body 993 Porsche to fit some big Hoosiers years ago. Used a baseball bat. It was painful to do, but worth it on the track.
DFW1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 08:19 AM   #24
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
The replacement SS 1LE arrived to my dealer on 3/4/17 and I visited for a body panel and overall condition inspection before the vehicle swap takes place. There are no errors on this new one with product handling or body forming process that I can see other than a scratched side mirror. I'm not sure if the stamping process is improving or I just got lucky with this second order. But either way, I'm happy this new one has the correct body stampings.
Good to hear!

I have given my car a good looking over a few times, I think for a "relatively cheap" performance car, the overall body fit/finish is actually quite good...same goes for the paint, it's got no imperfections and is very smooth.

Now my buddies '17 SS, has some panel gaps that need work (his trunk was way off), and his paint (metallic black), just doesn't look nearly nice as mine...just luck of the drawer I guess.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #25
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW1LE View Post
I am too old and not up on how terminology evolves over the years. I can remember rolling the fenders on my wide body 993 Porsche to fit some big Hoosiers years ago. Used a baseball bat. It was painful to do, but worth it on the track.
Sounds like you're doing just fine on the terminology.

FYI, Eastwood makes a fender roller [also sold as a Tire Rack branded item] that works really well when combined with svelte heat-gun use. I used one on my Miata to be able to fit big-boy tires.

It's nice when the OEM rolls the fender as part of the design. It's less to worry about regarding paint cracking and water management.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:17 PM   #26
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
Bringing this thread back. My 2019 has it on the drivers side but now the passenger side. I was under the impression that I may have dented it with my tire since it pokes a bit with the 315 and I did rub once with a pot hole. So this is how most camaros come?
Attached Images

Black 2019 SS A10, MBRP Exhuast, Soler performance Ported Throttlebody, Cold Air Inductions CAI, BMR equipped, Stance SFO7 on nitto NT555G2 tires, Limited Edition White Racing Seats, ZL1 1LE Splitter, Carbon Sideskirts, Gorilla Splitters areo kit, Next Gen Speed Diffuser, JWmotorsports LED side markers

Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 10:19 PM   #27
KJSolar

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I clicked on this link because I was curious if it was about the weird way the two panels meet up at that spot on my car...it looks like the panels didn’t meet up so the metal portion was “tweaked” to make it fit. It appears this way on the drivers side but not the passenger side. So yes it appears to be not that uncommon.
KJSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:03 AM   #28
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJSolar View Post
I clicked on this link because I was curious if it was about the weird way the two panels meet up at that spot on my car...it looks like the panels didn’t meet up so the metal portion was “tweaked” to make it fit. It appears this way on the drivers side but not the passenger side. So yes it appears to be not that uncommon.
Gotcha... it sucks cause it looks dented and weirdly with objects reflecting of of it
Black 2019 SS A10, MBRP Exhuast, Soler performance Ported Throttlebody, Cold Air Inductions CAI, BMR equipped, Stance SFO7 on nitto NT555G2 tires, Limited Edition White Racing Seats, ZL1 1LE Splitter, Carbon Sideskirts, Gorilla Splitters areo kit, Next Gen Speed Diffuser, JWmotorsports LED side markers

Luis19SS is offline   Reply With Quote