Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 12-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #15
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 View Post
you forgot salt down on the roads :( I had every intention of taking mine out yesterday morning but the 1-2" we got hampered this.

Seen a guy about a week ago cruising down 465 with his top down when it was 50-60 out. Brave man.
I’ve developed my lazy man’s “winterization plan” that consists of me going out for 5 gl of fresh premium once per month, seeing 200F oil temp and the occasional trickle charge.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:06 PM   #16
wildpew
pewish bicker

Drives: 2001 Z28 SS convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwblower View Post
Weather permitting it's down. If it gets stolen thanks for the payment relief. Lol

I hear that!!
2001 Camaro SS - Dan's
a modest gun safe

Best of all, I Retired From Nevada Energy
wildpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #17
BBartz

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary
Tonneau cover scares me

Just acquired a2012 45th Anniversary convertible. Love the car but the tonneau cover seems cheap and unstable at higher speeds. Already blew off once even with the bunge cords. I see posts where some don’t use the tonneau but on mine it looks like it’s beating up the front edge of the top. Any tricks or suggestions. I see where some have installed Velcro. If so where? Looking for some help to keep the tonneau in place at highway speeds.
BBartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #18
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBartz View Post
Just acquired a2012 45th Anniversary convertible. Love the car but the tonneau cover seems cheap and unstable at higher speeds. Already blew off once even with the bunge cords. I see posts where some don’t use the tonneau but on mine it looks like it’s beating up the front edge of the top. Any tricks or suggestions. I see where some have installed Velcro. If so where? Looking for some help to keep the tonneau in place at highway speeds.
We use our cover a lot, our cover has 2 elastic loops (Bunge cords?) that go over 2 posts that are installed under the cover. We were at a show a few weeks ago and they wanted to see the top work so I didn't put the loops back on, got up to 70 mph on the way home and almost loss the top. When it's put on right we trust it.
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #19
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
Once I have the cover on, I pulled the sides forward as far as I can toward the front of the car. This seems to really help how secure it is on the car. I've never had a problem.
Coleroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:27 AM   #20
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom And Cheryl View Post
We use our cover a lot, our cover has 2 elastic loops (Bunge cords?) that go over 2 posts that are installed under the cover. We were at a show a few weeks ago and they wanted to see the top work so I didn't put the loops back on, got up to 70 mph on the way home and almost loss the top. When it's put on right we trust it.
Post a few pics of what your cover looks like when installed. I’ve had mine up to 130 mph with no problems.
Old 07-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #21
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
The Corvette has the best system with the metal lid over the top. Wish my Camaro had that.

As for the tonneau cover, it hasn’t looked like it would come off at over 100 yet.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote