Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-16-2019, 12:47 PM   #1
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
ClarityCoat sprayable PPF

Anybody check out this product at SEMA? Sprayed on like paint, peelable, can be wet sanded and polished, and available clear or in any color. Film and wrap in one. ‘19 SS owners, protect your car and get a free mustache shave.

I heard about on the FB page of the local detailing shop (N Touch in Eugene OR if you’re interested). They are hands down the go-to shop in the area and claim to be the first on the west coast to offer the product (true as far as I can tell). I don’t have actual numbers on how much $$$ over standard film but was told it was well within the ballpark, but I suppose the size of the ballpark varies directly with the price of the car.

I haven’t even hand washed a car in years as I am currently Camaro-less and driving a beater so I’m interested in the opinion of you guys who are up with the latest detailing trends and tech.

When I hear “in the ballpark” i personally think 10-20% premium which I would consider a bargain price to also have the customization book wide open to me. Any custom color scheme you want plus ppf in one application for one price.

Last edited by Craig; 11-16-2019 at 01:11 PM.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:02 PM   #2
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
The stuff was out in Europe a few years ago. I think the guy from AMMO NYC did a video about it a while back, it can come with pigment too and be used a full spray on wrap. Problem is it can cost as much or more than an actual paint job, and you need to spray it in a paint booth.