Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-17-2019, 09:14 AM   #15
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by beworthy3 View Post
does require a tune as well to solve the problem?
Short answer, no tune required. See below for more details.

The problem has three components. Listed in order of importance/influence;

1) Throttle Body Geometry, influence under all driving conditions, mainly at partial throttle. Our Modified TB takes care of this. No tune. Warranty Safe. DIY.

2) Throttle Map, influence under all driving conditions, our Throttle controller takes care of this. No tune. Warranty Safe. DIY.

3) ECM limitations, checks, influence under some driving conditions. Only a tune can take care of these.

With no budget or warranty concerns, we'd recommend doing all three. Otherwise, we strongly believe that doing 1) and 2) will solve the issue to the extent that you might not even think about 3). They will surely change the character of the car significantly in ways not many other mods can match, most importantly it will put a smile on your face.

Don't hesitate to contact us shall you have any questions.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:24 AM   #16
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Thanks, everyone.

OP, we'd recommend a Modified Throttle Body (for LT1 engine, no tune) and a Throttle Controller.

There are mixed results with larger TB's, some need tuning others don't according to customers feedback. We'd recommend tuning if you go this route.

BTW, the off idle issue, as well as partial throttle, has less to do with the overall WOT bore size and more with the available flow area at partial throttle, this is why we recommend our modified LT1 TB aside from the fact that you do not wish to tune for the moment.

Please, e-mail or call if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Last edited by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC; 12-17-2019 at 09:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #17
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
I decided to post here since Solar Performance did not start this thread. I also must clarify I am not bashing Solar, I am just trying to figure out if there is any real benefit from his pedal device/throttle body.

I will provide a link that discuss this on the Corvette forum that give both sides of the story. Some pro and some just pointing out the real facts that driving prove what really is happening with no HP power gains just drivability at your choice of setting.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...uestion-2.html

Below is just a sample from link.

I have done some (Real World) track testing.
I have posted on this Soler thread in the past where Mike agreed that his TB does not increase HP but throttle response/drive-ability .

I have tried a Katech, then I ported it out to be a facsimile of a Mamo TB but with a Katech machined down throttle shaft; I called it a Tech-Mo TB ; it drove great (as expected) with 'no' dash light. I also tried the ZR1 95 mm TB with the spacer. Remember unless you port out the front of the supercharger inlet all the air going into the blower ends up going through the same size hole!

Throttle response was great on all the throttle bodies , however I gained 'ZERO' at the track where you go from 'zero to hero' on the pedal. So I put the stock TB back on and have lived happily ever after knowing that my stock tune/trans tune, etc. is completely in sync with the factory TB.

Tech-Mo Pic: I see no real restriction except for the size of the supercharger inlet which the rear of the TB matches. Depending on Mods an engine can only consume X-amount of air.

Edit: See post #16 & the likes at the bottom of the post.

“And there it is folks. Thanks for the real world feedback and comparison. Any interest in trying an EV ported unit? We will pay shipping both ways. You just try it an share real, third party comparison info”

Read the link and decide for yourself.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #18
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Well put BlackbeastSS2. This is why we do not make any claims about gains at WOT, which happens to be what most people refers to when talking about power. Do not expect significant gains if only changing the TB, it takes many more restrictions elimination along the flow path to achieve anything significant as measured on a chassis dyno.

The most important thing to remember is that the engine produces power at every throttle position (not only WOT) and that; the lower the throttle, the more influence the TB has. The driveability improvement comes from added air/power at those throttle positions, and this should be the primary reason to upgrade a TB by itself.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #19
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
I still don't think its worth it to go on a wild goose chase to get a few milliseconds of "response". It's really pretty darn good from the factory.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 09:46 PM   #20
ssmofo

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
haven’t experienced 2 or 3 but i can tell you this:

the factory parameters in the ecu do not do well with increased airflow. i’d also wager a bet that despite the ported tb making the car more responsive, the ecu would return the throttle response back to stock (slow)...probably within a couple thousand miles.

i go to pri, as well. ill be honest, i’ve rarely been impressed with the conversation from vendors, been going several years now. cool show, but you need to know who to talk to about anything technical. like mentioning “e92a” to the guys at the gm tent and they reply with

what’s an e92a

had to go and find the old guy, who certainly knew his stuff.

for what it’s worth: my car was very lazy in the first 8k miles or so. after that it was evident the attitude had changed and it wasn’t near as bad.

My 2019 did the same thing, after 6500 mile this thing rips throttle response has changed, I bought a Soler throttle enhancer but decided I don't need it. Smoked the shit outta a scat pack charger. Loving the 10 speed.
ssmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:22 AM   #21
beedo

Drives: 18 2SS 1LE NFG
Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
I still don't think its worth it to go on a wild goose chase to get a few milliseconds of "response". It's really pretty darn good from the factory.
Add a Soler TB and the throttle controller and your opinion will change, I have both and have the controller set at 2.25 and its almost like a cable TB
beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:50 AM   #22
AmazinglySmooth

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I just put a Pedal Commander on another vehicle and used SprintBooster in the past. Both added to the fun. I don't know how much they would "fix" things for you in the Camaro, but I like it on my other vehicles.
AmazinglySmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:52 AM   #23
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazinglySmooth View Post
I just put a Pedal Commander on another vehicle and used SprintBooster in the past. Both added to the fun. I don't know how much they would "fix" things for you in the Camaro, but I like it on my other vehicles.
Same principle, same tech, same result.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote