Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-19-2021, 06:12 PM   #15
Envious_Ivy1LE

Drives: Krypton Green V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WessenS View Post
God damn that is cheap...
I move to Maryland this Mid July so i need a car once i arrive.
Its either i get this blue camaro asap, or i get something else until a better camaro is released. Mid engine 2023 is this rumor true? i'd love to get that brand new.
if you've got a short time frame and have no plans to look for another car anytime soon then absolutely pull the trigger. it sucks paying more but getting exactly what you want will make up for it.

if (like me) you're very fickle with cars and typically want to change it up just because... then I'd probably get something cheaper that you will still enjoy then look at camaros again once this pricing settles
Envious_Ivy1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:29 PM   #16
WessenS

Drives: Hyper Blue Metallic 2LT 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Ivy1LE View Post
if you've got a short time frame and have no plans to look for another car anytime soon then absolutely pull the trigger. it sucks paying more but getting exactly what you want will make up for it.

if (like me) you're very fickle with cars and typically want to change it up just because... then I'd probably get something cheaper that you will still enjoy then look at camaros again once this pricing settles

Good idea. Ill look into a cheaper option tonight until the prices settle. Just as majority mentioned, everything seems so damn expensive recently.
I am used to driving a ford edge but my first and last car of my own was always a Camaro.
WessenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 06:42 PM   #17
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
God damn that is cheap...
I move to Maryland this Mid July so i need a car once i arrive.
Its either i get this blue camaro asap, or i get something else until a better camaro is released. Mid engine 2023 is this rumor true? i'd love to get that brand new.
You know I would at least try contacting them, and seeing just how far they would come down. You just never know. As far as the 2023 is concerned who the hell knows anymore lol. First I hear discontinued, then mid engine, etc...
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:35 PM   #18
Envious_Ivy1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
You know I would at least try contacting them, and seeing just how far they would come down. You just never know. As far as the 2023 is concerned who the hell knows anymore lol. First I hear discontinued, then mid engine, etc...
if they are selling like the SS down here.. oh boy lol Found two on wednesday, couldn't test drive today because they are sold. Very overpriced. But V6 shouldn't be as quick to sell.

... how would a mid engine Camaro even work? where's the engine gonna go lol barely any room back there as is
Old 06-19-2021, 10:08 PM   #19
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
if they are selling like the SS down here.. oh boy lol Found two on wednesday, couldn't test drive today because they are sold. Very overpriced. But V6 shouldn't be as quick to sell.

... how would a mid engine Camaro even work? where's the engine gonna go lol barely any room back there as is
Yes very good point about engine placement lol. Obviously it wouldn't even resemble a Camaro if they did that.
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:33 PM   #20
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
Absolutely no way the Camaro is going mid engine lol.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:47 AM   #21
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
LF 2018 Camaro 2LT RS + Convenience pkg

Quote:
What are your guys thoughts on this one and its price?
Is it overpriced? worth what it contains? i am really thinking about getting this one as it matches exactly what i am describing. What sucks is that i will need to travel from MD to OH.

https://www.caldwellchrysler.com/use...FD1RSXH0161534

Yeah in current conditions it is a fair price but yes it is high. In normal conditions.... well this is on their actual ad

You can own one of Kelley Blu Book’s 10 best cars for under 25k for the low price of 30k....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #22
WessenS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle vs Camaro View Post
Yeah in current conditions it is a fair price but yes it is high. In normal conditions.... well this is on their actual ad

You can own one of Kelley Blu Book’s 10 best cars for under 25k for the low price of 30k....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If true, they would remove the two useless seats in the back based from this image. Looks cool imo.

I Actually asked about a discount as i intend to pay in cash and they said the price listed was as-is. I even pointed out that i only asked because of that ad saying it was under $25000 just as you pointed out.

hopefully the price drops and it doesnt sell once i arrive in the east coast by mid July.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:44 PM   #23
Envious_Ivy1LE

Quote:

If true, they would remove the two useless seats in the back based from this image. Looks cool imo.

I Actually asked about a discount as i intend to pay in cash and they said the price listed was as-is. I even pointed out that i only asked because of that ad saying it was under $25000 just as you pointed out.

hopefully the price drops and it doesn't sell once i arrive in the east coast by mid July.
that looks like a C8 with a camaro front end lol

contrary to popular belief, don't tell a dealer you're paying cash. They make most of their money on car sales in F&I and a cash buyer is unlikely to buy any of that stuff, so they can't make money on the "backend"
Old 06-20-2021, 05:56 PM   #24
WessenS

Quote:
that looks like a C8 with a camaro front end lol

contrary to popular belief, don't tell a dealer you're paying cash. They make most of their money on car sales in F&I and a cash buyer is unlikely to buy any of that stuff, so they can't make money on the "backend"

I once asked a bunch of colleagues this question and it was 50-50 but i could understand your point which is probably why they're not that entertaining to do business w/ me except spam me with spam-emails.

I was told the best route is to put a down, take a loan, pay a couple payments and pay it off?
Old 06-20-2021, 07:49 PM   #25
Envious_Ivy1LE

Quote:
I was told the best route is to put a down, take a loan, pay a couple payments and pay it off?
not necessarily. even if you liked the dealership this doesn't help them out cause they'll still have to pay back any unearned interest commission.

edit: if it's a new car and it's a low interest rate and they are offering rebates to finance in house then by all means take the financing cash then pay it off with the first payment.

best route is to say you're going to do it then once you get into F&I just say you'd actually rather just pay cash. this will only really work if the dealer lets you do the application in F&I which a lot of dealers want you to do the application before they even quote you figures or directly after you agreed to a price.

either way basically get as far into the process as possible without saying you're paying cash. since they can just change the price I wouldn't do this with long distance deals
Old 07-17-2021, 05:08 PM   #26
WessenS

So I got the car and it’s everything I wanted except the grill is missing a plastic piece which makes it obvious once you see it. Basically on the rs grill two plastic pieces are gone and it looks like the front has four black teeth.

Question,

Where can I buy the grill for the rs package?
I’ll post a picture of what it looks Like another day.
Dealership gave me $100 off after seeing the damage. I flew to buy the vehicle so I didn’t change my mind.

Could I install the grill myself? Do you recommend a Chevy dealership do it?
Let me know what you guys think. (Not an auto guy)
Old 07-17-2021, 07:09 PM   #27
WessenS

https://ibb.co/ssftTqh

Where can I buy these center grilles from a 2017 rs package Camaro?
The car I was given is missing two pieces of those grilles.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:45 AM   #28
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
I am moving back to the east coast this July, 2021 and i am having trouble finding the following camaro specs of my interest.

Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Type: Coupe 2LT
Year: 2017-2018
Exterior Color: Hyper Blue Metallic
8-Speed Automatic Transmission
Packages:
RS Package
Convenience and Lighting Package

Could someone help me find this on any site? Preferably VA or MD zip codes. I even did a 200mile radius and still cant find the damn combination.
Or maybe this combination doesnt exists on 2018 Camaros? Please let me know. Last one i owned was a 2016 hyper blue 1LT V6 RS pkg Coupe.

Thanks!
You described my car, haha. But it’s hard asf to find a car right now. Good luck!
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote