Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-18-2021, 09:59 PM   #43
cengell

Drives: 2017 2LT Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCI2000SS View Post
Hey I'm 100% with you, but.its the country we live in unfortunately....maybe even most of the world for all I know lol. No I have the Soler throttle body, but not their throttle controller. I was just saying the "eco" mode made no difference in gas mileage regardless if a throttle controller can be used or not.
Thank you for the info! How do you like the Soler for regular driving either in city or just on the highway?

Christopher
cengell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:59 PM   #44
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cengell View Post
Thank you for the info! How do you like the Soler for regular driving either in city or just on the highway?

Christopher
Personally I feel a good ported throttle body (like Soler) is one of the best basic mods you can do on these cars. Pretty much undetectable by the dealer, dramatically changes throttle input in a mechanical way, and lastly it works just fine with the stock tune. Certainly way better seat of the pants feel than a cold air intake or exhaust. Might work really good with that throttle controller. Have you considered that?
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #45
cengell

Quote:
Personally I feel a good ported throttle body (like Soler) is one of the best basic mods you can do on these cars. Pretty much undetectable by the dealer, dramatically changes throttle input in a mechanical way, and lastly it works just fine with the stock tune. Certainly way better seat of the pants feel than a cold air intake or exhaust. Might work really good with that throttle controller. Have you considered that?
Hello, thanks for your info. No I had not considered that as first my main thinking was if a device like this could or would give me better MPG in the ECO mode when I am using the cruse control I would get 1, but now thinking after I just did a 900 mile round trip now thinking that maybe for $100 get the Throttle Response unit and leave it off for long distance driving and then when local driving then use the unit and I understand that you must stop the car before changing modes.

But since you talked about getting the Soler ported throttle body, might be a better way to go IF it provided better MPG with curse control on and also when local more as you said seat of your paints, now I only have a V6 not a V8 but so far glad that I don't have the V8 for MPG. Do you know or think if I did replace the stock to a ported throttle body and NOT get that throttle controller? Not sure the cost for the ported throttle body is yet?

Thanks again and if you have any suggestions or feedback glad we all could learn from you!

Thanks again
Christopher

P.S I just looked and looks like they don't make a Soler ported throttle body for the 2017 Camaro V6 only the V8 and for the $350 ish to $500 not sure if I can take advantage of that cost as my first upgrade was to remove the stock air filter and replace it with a K&R free flow and think I get 1-2 MPG more?

Last edited by cengell; 06-23-2021 at 05:38 PM. Reason: More info
Old 06-23-2021, 06:01 PM   #46
HCI2000SS

Quote:
Hello, thanks for your info. No I had not considered that as first my main thinking was if a device like this could or would give me better MPG in the ECO mode when I am using the cruse control I would get 1, but now thinking after I just did a 900 mile round trip now thinking that maybe for $100 get the Throttle Response unit and leave it off for long distance driving and then when local driving then use the unit and I understand that you must stop the car before changing modes.

But since you talked about getting the Soler ported throttle body, might be a better way to go IF it provided better MPG with curse control on and also when local more as you said seat of your paints, now I only have a V6 not a V8 but so far glad that I don't have the V8 for MPG. Do you know or think if I did replace the stock to a ported throttle body and NOT get that throttle controller? Not sure the cost for the ported throttle body is yet?

Thanks again and if you have any suggestions or feedback glad we all could learn from you!

Thanks again
Christopher

P.S I just looked and looks like they don't make a Soler ported throttle body for the 2017 Camaro V6 only the V8 and for the $350 ish to $500 not sure if I can take advantage of that cost as my first upgrade was to remove the stock air filter and replace it with a K&R free flow and think I get 1-2 MPG more?
Happy to help man.They definitely make a TB for the V6. I would know since I have one lol. If for some crazy reason it's not showing up on their site then I'd just give them a call. So right now I have a AFE CAI, Soler ported TB, and a Flowmaster axle back exhaust. With the stock tune it runs perfectly fine with no issues. Even with these 3 mods (creating better airflow in and out) I'm not getting any better MPG's that I can accurately document. Basically a 1-2 MPG gain is going to be hard to accurately and consistently document. Know what I mean? So many things can factor in like weather, tire pressure, driving conditions and habits, type and quality of fuel. etc, etc...
Old 06-23-2021, 07:11 PM   #47
cengell

Quote:
Happy to help man.They definitely make a TB for the V6. I would know since I have one lol. If for some crazy reason it's not showing up on their site then I'd just give them a call. So right now I have a AFE CAI, Soler ported TB, and a Flowmaster axle back exhaust. With the stock tune it runs perfectly fine with no issues. Even with these 3 mods (creating better airflow in and out) I'm not getting any better MPG's that I can accurately document. Basically a 1-2 MPG gain is going to be hard to accurately and consistently document. Know what I mean? So many things can factor in like weather, tire pressure, driving conditions and habits, type and quality of fuel. etc, etc...
I agree, the MPG is a funny thing to get an estimate number, and also agree that if I did get a 1-2 MPG that's a perk if any. Ok I will email them but from what I understand that I can buy the whole kit too costly for me to justify as I am not 100% after performance but $300 or less I think I can get an add on to my TB? I was thinking of maybe ordering both the TB & Throttle Controller and connecting the TC first as it's easy and try it to see if i'm happy with that and if not then install the TB as I think it's a quick job less then an hour?

I have the V6 RS LT2 that has a better then low end stock exhaust that has a better sound to it, but not like what you have. Question what would you think your MPG is on the Hwy & City with those 3 additions if you would say?

Again thank you for all of your info and suggestions and this is what this forum is for!

Christopher

P.S as for my MPG I am using the cars built in guess computer.
Old 06-23-2021, 07:40 PM   #48
HCI2000SS

Quote:
I agree, the MPG is a funny thing to get an estimate number, and also agree that if I did get a 1-2 MPG that's a perk if any. Ok I will email them but from what I understand that I can buy the whole kit too costly for me to justify as I am not 100% after performance but $300 or less I think I can get an add on to my TB? I was thinking of maybe ordering both the TB & Throttle Controller and connecting the TC first as it's easy and try it to see if i'm happy with that and if not then install the TB as I think it's a quick job less then an hour?

I have the V6 RS LT2 that has a better then low end stock exhaust that has a better sound to it, but not like what you have. Question what would you think your MPG is on the Hwy & City with those 3 additions if you would say?

Again thank you for all of your info and suggestions and this is what this forum is for!

Christopher

P.S as for my MPG I am using the cars built in guess computer.
Just so you know the cars built in MPG is not completely accurate. My best on freeway was 33 MPG, and that was cruising around 75 to 80. I measured it on my own, and not what the car said.

The basic difference between the TB and TC is that one changes the throttle mechanically (TB) and the other electrically (TC). And because they change the throttle via different ways, they both feel different. Personally I like how the TB changes the sensitivity and driveability better than a TC, so I don't personally use one. It's really just a matter of preference. As far as installation they both are super easy. Like a 15 minute job or less.
Old 06-23-2021, 09:51 PM   #49
mano_camaro
IYAOYAS

Drives: 22 1LE 2SS M6 Riverside Blue
I had a pray ported TB and this soler TC on a previous 2018 camaro SS, it made a very noticeable difference in throttle response especially since it was an M6.

i could floor it while shifting gears quickly on back roads and it felt like my brain was still on the back seat of the car as i rocketed forward, lmao.

i did have BMR trailing arms and other BMR mods to stiffen suspension and put as much power to the ground.

2020 Red Hot Camaro 2SS 1LE/PDR /Sold

2018 black Camaro 2SS M6 Redline Edition/Traded

2016 summit white Camaro RS V6 M6/Traded
mano_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 08:17 PM   #50
semif18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE White
Just put my Soler Throttle Controller in........holy lord, wow, what a difference. I understand it doesn't make the car faster, but it really does FEEL faster. Dial in whatever mode you want.......still VERY smooth throttle response. Paired with my Tony Mamo V2 Ported TB this thing is the real deal. No doubt THE best upgrade you can get for 95$!
semif18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 01:23 PM   #51
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Thanks, everyone. Just wanted to let you know that we have another controller available, with added functionality. Please check PN SE0525-TC, link below.

https://www.solerengineering.com/gen...tors/se0525-tc
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 10:29 PM   #52
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2017 zl1 ,2010 SS /RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Ha, thanks, JMM. Yes, that first time you press the accelerator after the install is always memorable. You know it will happen and yet it surprises you anyway.

Be safe, and be well. Thanks!
Hey mike . Sam here !! Recvd the ported 87/91 mm throttle body 2 days ago and installed it today !!! Let me say this “ wow you actually feel a noticeable difference in the throttle “ LOve the way the car is responding!! THANK YOU !!