#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-19-2018, 07:47 AM   #15
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel View Post
I was finally able to sell my 18' A10 ZL1 after a few months of trying. I was able to get 55K with a little under 12K on the odometer. For those of you who have moved on what were you able to get for yours and what was the milage? Also please feel free to list good times/experiences you had with the car. At times I felt like I was trying to sell the highest milage 18' ZL1 in the country. A huge salute to all of you out there who daily yours and drive a ton of miles!

In one year of ownership I was able to enjoy 10 track days, 3 autoX's and 1 night at the dragstrip. As an intermediate level driver I was able to mange 1:40's at Laguna while lifting for sound, 1:57's at Buttonllow on stock tires and 11.4 at Famoso dragstrip on my very first pass ever in any car! I do not regret my experiences with the car at all. I feel like I did pretty well depreciation wise, I paid 65K and car had every option except the sunroof.

For those of you who will say I "destroyed" the car boohoo cry me a river. I took great care of that car and made sure to stay on top of all the additional maintenance. I simply drove it the way it was meant to be driven!

Wow,

Just curious how did it hold up? Any maintenance issues outside of fluid changes?

Sort of like a heavy use report LOL.

Certainly nothing wrong with using it for its intended purpose and its awesome that you did.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:51 AM   #16
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 18' ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebt6 View Post
Wow,

Just curious how did it hold up? Any maintenance issues outside of fluid changes?

Sort of like a heavy use report LOL.

Certainly nothing wrong with using it for its intended purpose and its awesome that you did.
I'd say the car held up pretty well but to me it seemed like a lot of the suspension components were under built considering the weight and HP of the car. The last repair I had to do before selling the car was a wheel bearing in the rear. I didn't have any major issues with the car and of course everything was covered under warranty (for the most part). It did seem like I was bringing the car to the dealership to diagnose some type of different clunking noise coming from the suspension about once a month. So that started to get old but hey when you drive it hard shit happens.

My only other major complaint would be that the A10 will overheat on track after 26-30 min of driving. And yes I am 100% sure the trans fluid was filled to the correct track level! I'm guessing you don't hear about it more because most people only track for a 20 min. session at a time. Once I was able to stay out for a full tank of gas which was 39 min. But about 75% of the time I'd stay out over 25 min. I'd get the overheating warning light on the trans fluid. I think this is the reason you won't see the A10 on the 1LE. Loved the A10 on the street though!

Last edited by GrabTheWheel; 11-19-2018 at 11:11 AM.
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #17
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
I'd say the car held up pretty well but to me it seemed like a lot of the suspension components were under built considering the weight and HP of the car. The last repair I had to do before selling the car was a wheel bearing in the rear. I didn't have any major issues with the car and of course everything was covered under warranty (for the most part). It did seem like I was bringing the car to the dealership to diagnose some type of different clunking noise coming from the suspension about once a month. So that started to get old but hey when you drive it hard shit happens.

My only other major complaint would be that the A10 will overheat on track after 26-30 min of driving. And yes I am 100% sure the trans fluid was filled to the correct track level! I'm guessing you don't hear about it more because most people only track for a 20 min. session at a time. Once I was able to stay out for a full tank of gas which was 39 min. But about 75% of the time I'd stay out over 25 min. I'd get the overheating warning light on the trans fluid. I think this is the reason you won't see the A10 on the 1LE. Loved the A10 on the street though!
Love this! Super valuable insight!

I'm curious to know if the suspension issues you experienced will also appear on the ZL1 1LE over time.

Also very interesting to hear about the A10 after 25 minutes. I have no doubt Chevy went out of their way to keep it cool. I imagine they optimized transmission cooling cost and weight budget for a 20 minute track session.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 12:32 PM   #18
Snakebt6

Drives: Rally Green 2020 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:

Thank you for this.

Great info.

BTW I cant imagine anyone would say you destroyed the car. If you used it hard and took care of it and did required maintenance in accordance with the way you drove it, then it makes me happy for you you got to use it the way you did.

I'm impressed at they way they hold up under hard use and even more impressed the warranty repairs due to that use aren't more then they are.

Ive got 6500 miles on mine in 4 months with 1 track day so far and going for another this Friday after Thanksgiving.
Snakebt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #19
Lowflight

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I have 3800 miles. Full Expel Kit. Loaded 2018 Red Hot A10. I get daily offers of $52-54k. PASS

Appreciate your letting us know what you got. That'll make me stand firm.

2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL-1 Red
FOR SALE. See My FS Thread
Lowflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:34 PM   #20
angryBits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflight View Post
Full Expel Kit
I'm doing this soon. What did it cost you?
My Z06 cost me about $5k whole car.

Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
Old 11-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #21
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 18' ZL1 A10
Quote:
I have 3800 miles. Full Expel Kit. Loaded 2018 Red Hot A10. I get daily offers of $52-54k. PASS

Appreciate your letting us know what you got. That'll make me stand firm.
No problem. It should be noted that mine sold through my dealership and prices for cars as with everything else are just higher in California. You just have to find the right buyer. I'm sure you already know but once a ZL1 has over 5K miles it will be considered "high milage". I think I could have got a little more for mine if I was willing to wait longer but had gotten to the point where I was sick of it not selling.
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #22
Lowflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
$2200 with full paint correction and detail.

Old 11-19-2018, 04:27 PM   #23
Lowflight

Quote:
Everything from the side mirrors forward is covered. All panels. After that, the rockers, the wing, the A-Pillars etc. In front of the Rear tires about 2/3 up. THAT is the area that needs it the most.

Old 11-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #24
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Put $50k into a Factory five mark 4 and you’ll have plenty of fun.
You’ve that right. I live 20 miles away from their factory. If Mass wasn’t such a PIA about it having to use a power plant from a recently registered and very old donor, I’d have one of these sitting in my garage.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:33 AM   #25
angryBits

Quote:
Everything from the side mirrors forward is covered. All panels. After that, the rockers, the wing, the A-Pillars etc. In front of the Rear tires about 2/3 up. THAT is the area that needs it the most.
I like to have every inch of the car covered. Protect against door dings, bird poop, not worrying about swirl marks, etc.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:08 AM   #26
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
I was finally able to sell my 18' A10 ZL1 after a few months of trying. I was able to get 55K with a little under 12K on the odometer. For those of you who have moved on what were you able to get for yours and what was the milage? Also please feel free to list good times/experiences you had with the car. At times I felt like I was trying to sell the highest milage 18' ZL1 in the country. A huge salute to all of you out there who daily yours and drive a ton of miles!

In one year of ownership I was able to enjoy 10 track days, 3 autoX's and 1 night at the dragstrip. As an intermediate level driver I was able to mange 1:40's at Laguna while lifting for sound, 1:57's at Buttonllow on stock tires and 11.4 at Famoso dragstrip on my very first pass ever in any car! I do not regret my experiences with the car at all. I feel like I did pretty well depreciation wise, I paid 65K and car had every option except the sunroof.

For those of you who will say I "destroyed" the car boohoo cry me a river. I took great care of that car and made sure to stay on top of all the additional maintenance. I simply drove it the way it was meant to be driven!

You did very well! When I was looking last year for a yellow Zl1 I found several that came off Employee's leases from Michigan. They were a10s that stickered at 67 to 68k The were wanting 55 to 61k mileage was 8s to 13k I was able to talk down one with 13k at a local dealer to 55k I ended up buying new but found out it sold at 51k 2 mos. later. If they would of made that offer at first instead of saying we paid more than that at auction BS I would of bought used. I didn't buy at 55k because there was a brand new A10 in ALvin TX that was 11k off which made the price 56,995k

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:55 AM   #27
Lowflight

Quote:
I like to have every inch of the car covered. Protect against door dings, bird poop, not worrying about swirl marks, etc.
I did that on my GTR. It was a garage queen like my ZL-1, so was a waste of money. If it is garaged and has wax on it, just protect the parts of the car in harm's way

Old 11-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #28
Markoz28

Drives: 18 ZL1 nightfall grey A10
I paid 58K for mine after searching and working with about 5 different dealers. Bought out of North Park Chev in TX. I was getting a good deal for one in Florida for about 61K but when this one came up for 58K with the color I wanted I jumped on it.
Markoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote