Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-01-2018, 12:48 PM   #113
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
The cut is approximately 7" before the entrance to the suitcase.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:19 PM   #114
Josh/AWE

Drives: 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
The cut is approximately 7" before the entrance to the suitcase.
Our cut takes place 2" back from the rear cross member. Does that line up with your current cut?
Josh/AWE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 01:00 PM   #115
COmatt27

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I just purchased the Track Axle-Back for the SS 6th gen and it was delivered this past week from Phastek. I was about to install it and now I am worried about the level of sound or how loud it will be.

If I install the track axle-back and its too loud, can I just purchase two 180 technology AWE mufflers and install those with the existing other parts from the Track axle back edition? Or would I have to purchase a whole new touring axle back system?

Do you know how loud (dB) the track axle-back is?

Have you heard of anyone getting noise tickets for the loudness of their track systems on regular streets?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
2016 Escalade ESV (6.2L), A8, Black Raven, Gibson Racing Headers - CURRENT People Mover
COmatt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:52 PM   #116
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by COmatt27 View Post
I just purchased the Track Axle-Back for the SS 6th gen and it was delivered this past week from Phastek. I was about to install it and now I am worried about the level of sound or how loud it will be.

If I install the track axle-back and its too loud, can I just purchase two 180 technology AWE mufflers and install those with the existing other parts from the Track axle back edition? Or would I have to purchase a whole new touring axle back system?

Have you heard of anyone getting noise tickets for the loudness of their track systems on regular streets?

You have a reply to your PM, my friend.
Old 11-21-2018, 11:37 AM   #117
Josh/AWE

Our annual Black Friday promotion is now live.

Receive 15% off of exhausts for a limited time.

Click below to secure your deal.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #118
joe944

Drives: 18' A10 ZL1 , 18' F150, 04' MSM
Don't suppose you guys have any shipping deals? Phastek has a higher price but ends up being cheaper with their free shipping vs ~$200 for ground shipping from Awe.

Getting ready to pull the trigger.
joe944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #119
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe944 View Post
Don't suppose you guys have any shipping deals? Phastek has a higher price but ends up being cheaper with their free shipping vs ~$200 for ground shipping from Awe.

Getting ready to pull the trigger.
Coast to coast is always tough. PM inbound.
Old 11-22-2018, 11:49 PM   #120
SICK ZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 10 speed
Any shipping deals shipped to Phoenix Az? I’m also ready to pull the trigger also.
SICK ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 10:20 AM   #121
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICK ZL1 View Post
Any shipping deals shipped to Phoenix Az? I’m also ready to pull the trigger also.
I can't do much about shipping, unfortunately. Check your inbox.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:33 AM   #122
Josh/AWE

How to: determine whether to go resonated or non-resonated Touring Edition.

Non-resonated: if you're looking for the perfect, drone-free soundtrack that's aggressive when you want it and civil when you need it, and you're running factory headers, this is your dose of steel. How is it with PLPs and factory headers? PLPs simply increase the volume if your lookin' for more.

Resonated: if you're expecting to apply aftermarket headers, resonated may be your route to take if you are wanting to soften the edge of the enhancements up stream. Worried about performance impacts by running resonated? Don't. They're straight-through and do not hinder flow.

Intending on keeping the stock headers and catalysts for the foreseeable future, but may change to LTHs later in life? No worries, we have conversion kits available for those wanting to switch from non-resonated to resonated, or vice versa in the event you want to pipe up even further.

More interested in equipping the Track Edition over the Touring Edition because raw and rowdy are your speed? That's cool, too. You can apply everything above to the Track Edition. Why? Because the Touring and Track Editions sound identical from the outside of the vehicle. The magic happens within the cabin -- Touring Edition = no drone. Track Edition = driver may be subject to drone.

Questions? I'm here
Old 11-30-2018, 06:14 PM   #123
Jarret

Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1 - Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
Because the Touring and Track Editions sound identical from the outside of the vehicle
Eh? So the only difference between the touring/track is the sound level? How do they sound the same when the touring has mufflers on it?
Jarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #124
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarret View Post
Eh? So the only difference between the touring/track is the sound level? How do they sound the same when the touring has mufflers on it?
They're actually resonators, proprietary ones. They're straight-through, and don't feature the normal bland of composite acoustic packing material. They're for killing drone, and honing the tone. The sound level difference is found primarily in the cabin.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #125
zfuzz

Drives: 69 Z28 / 12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmatt27 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh/AWE View Post
You have a reply to your PM, my friend.
Josh, could you share this PM with me also?

My application would be a ZL1 1LE, I was hoping to have a quick change solution to bounce back and forth between track and street.

Thanks,
zfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:21 AM   #126
Josh/AWE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfuzz View Post
Josh, could you share this PM with me also?

My application would be a ZL1 1LE, I was hoping to have a quick change solution to bounce back and forth between track and street.

Thanks,
Hey there.

We have conversion kits available to go from Track Edition CBE to Touring Edition CBE, and vice versa. The entire axle-back portion is replaced.

If you're wanting to convert from resonated to non-res mid sections, we have conversion kits available for that as well.

All on our website