Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
Tyl3r

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Buying a car with “Dealer Installed” add-ons

I purchased a brand new 2017 2LT Camaro a few months ago. I’ve heard rumors, but have yet to confirm this. My car has 20” 5-spike gloss black wheels with the red outline stripe at an MSRP price of $3,195. Granted I felt this was ridiculous and didn’t pay MSRP, was I supposed to get the standard set of rims that come on the 2LT? Looking back, it seems it would only make sense that it would come with both sets at this price. If yes, is it too late as I signed the papers and walked out with my car?

Thank you!
Tyl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 08:02 PM   #2
LuvMI
Lovin the growl...

Drives: 2018 2SS
I too bought a 2lt with blk 20’ rims. You only get one set as far as I know. Different dealers do different upgrades I’ve noticed. Still, you get what you get.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
if you paid the option price for the wheels, you should get the original wheels also, as they are included in the original MSRP.

That being said, if you’re just discovering this now and have had the car for several months, it probably is too late.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:40 PM   #4
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
If the redline wheels were a dealer-installed option listed on the original (not a dealer add-on) window sticker, that’s how the car was officially delivered according to Chevrolet. The value of the original wheels would have been included in the price of the car, which is why you “only” paid $3,195 for the upgrade. (You could have paid $5,000 or more if both sets of wheels were included.) If this is the case, the OEM wheels just disappear into the ether (or get sold as “new-car takeoffs” or used by the dealer). You have no claim to them, unless getting two sets of wheels was part of the original deal, in writing. If the redline wheels are on the original window sticker, they’ll be on the build sheet too; you can order one for free from GM by sending your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com.

If the car arrived at the dealer with the standard wheels and the dealer swapped them and listed them on an accessory sticker, that’s a different story. But either way, a few months later is way too late to bring it up. Sorry...
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:32 AM   #5
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
those are LPO wheels. you should have gotten the original wheels too. dealers dont tell you so they can sell them. call them on it and get pissed. I did on mine after i found out. They had 2 sets and let me pick them out. they will have the TPMS sensors too.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:39 AM   #6
JCunningham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
If the redline wheels were a dealer-installed option listed on the original (not a dealer add-on) window sticker, that’s how the car was officially delivered according to Chevrolet. The value of the original wheels would have been included in the price of the car, which is why you “only” paid $3,195 for the upgrade. (You could have paid $5,000 or more if both sets of wheels were included.) If this is the case, the OEM wheels just disappear into the ether (or get sold as “new-car takeoffs” or used by the dealer). You have no claim to them, unless getting two sets of wheels was part of the original deal, in writing. If the redline wheels are on the original window sticker, they’ll be on the build sheet too; you can order one for free from GM by sending your VIN to socialmedia@gm.com.

If the car arrived at the dealer with the standard wheels and the dealer swapped them and listed them on an accessory sticker, that’s a different story. But either way, a few months later is way too late to bring it up. Sorry...
wrong. the 18s come with the price of the car. for $3195 you also get the black wheels with tires. the car comes from the factory with the 18s and the 20s are shipped to the dealer then the dealer installed them. Look at your RPO sticker. you will have codes for both the 18 and 20s.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 09-06-2018, 05:50 AM   #7
Tyl3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
wrong. the 18s come with the price of the car. for $3195 you also get the black wheels with tires. the car comes from the factory with the 18s and the 20s are shipped to the dealer then the dealer installed them. Look at your RPO sticker. you will have codes for both the 18 and 20s.
THIS. I see codes ‘REG’ and ‘SHL’. I doubt I have a legal claim at this point. However, I can definitely threaten to tell GM. Don’t think they would be too happy. Thank you!!
Old 09-06-2018, 05:51 AM   #8
Tyl3r

REG - Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) Silver-painted aluminum
SHL - 20" (50.8 cm) 5-spoke gloss Black wheels with Red outline stripe
Old 09-06-2018, 12:35 PM   #9
JCunningham

they do this all the time the dealer might not have yours but they may have another set they can give you.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #10
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl3r View Post
THIS. I see codes ‘REG’ and ‘SHL’. I doubt I have a legal claim at this point. However, I can definitely threaten to tell GM. Don’t think they would be too happy. Thank you!!
GM wont give a damn, trust me.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #11
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
no dealer options on my car and most of the time whatever it is you can always add later waaay cheaper
Old 09-06-2018, 01:01 PM   #12
coruiz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
WHen i first bought my car, the black bow ties were an LPO item. I asked why the bow ties were not installed and they said I had to buy them with gold bow ties. I threaten to walk out and within 30 minutes my black bow ties were installed lol.

GO to your dealer and kindly ask first, if they give you shit, get pissed.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #13
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
You aren't owed any of the stock parts if accessory parts are installed. Now you can ASK for the stock parts and negotiate it with the dealer at the time of sale but they are under no obligation at all to give them to you.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:29 PM   #14
JCunningham

wrong the stock parts Do belong to you. You paid for them. Any parts that are installed at the dealer you can get the stock parts back free. They belong to you.
All the cars and trucks come with the gold bow ties on them. the car can be ordered with the black bowties. The black bow ties come in the trunk and the dealer installs them.

Tags
dealer, installed, rims, tires, wheels