Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #1
Michael2000

Drives: .
Chevy Needs To Get Off the Transformers Movie/Toy Obsession

The mid-cycle refresh just shows to me that this Transformers movie/toy obsession by Chevrolet is ruining the looks of the Camaro. The buyers of this car are not eight years old. We don't play with Hasbro toys. It's time for Chevy to grow up, and style cars for adults.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #2
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I agree.

The Transformers aren’t cool any more. The first movie was a good way to build hype for the Camaro to return but they need to move on.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #3
Michael2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I agree.

The Transformers aren’t cool any more. The first movie was a good way to build hype for the Camaro to return but they need to move on.
Exactly! You are spot on. I couldn't have said it any better myself.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #4
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Have any of you guys considered that maybe JUST MAYBE Chevy was already designing the refresh and then they just tweaked it/made it way more wild for the Transformers car??? That seems like the way more likely scenario here in my mind......

Remember they start designing these cars YEARS in advance, they were almost certainly already working on the refresh before the first customer took delivery of a 2016 Camaro!
Old 04-10-2018, 12:32 PM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNxR3DNECK View Post
Have any of you guys considered that maybe JUST MAYBE Chevy was already designing the refresh and then they just tweaked it/made it way more wild for the Transformers car??? That seems like the way more likely scenario here in my mind......

Remember they start designing these cars YEARS in advance, they were almost certainly already working on the refresh before the first customer took delivery of a 2016 Camaro!
Well when everyone crapped on the looks of the Camaro/bumblebee a few years ago, maybe they should have said, "yeah, lets go a different direction on the actual production car".
Old 04-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #6
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Well when everyone crapped on the looks of the Camaro/bumblebee a few years ago, maybe they should have said, "yeah, lets go a different direction on the actual production car".
Now that I can't argue with lol but not everyone crapped on it, and they could have been under the impression that their toned down version of it wouldn't get the same kind of response. I want to know what kinda of focus groups they tested this with, I feel like that's where the harsh reactions should have happened and then they could have changed direction...
Old 04-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Now that I can't argue with lol but not everyone crapped on it, and they could have been under the impression that their toned down version of it wouldn't get the same kind of response. I want to know what kinda of focus groups they tested this with, I feel like that's where the harsh reactions should have happened and then they could have changed direction...
I don't think I saw one positive post about that movie car. other than "it's ok for a transformer/movie car, I guess".
Old 04-10-2018, 12:42 PM   #8
FNxR3DNECK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
My questions now are:

1. Is there another Transformers movie in the works?
2. Can we expect Bumblebee to be a 7th gen Camaro?
There are at least two more movies in development right now.

1. A stand-alone Bumblebee movie (rumored to be an origin story)
2. A sequel to TF5 (but without Michael Bay as the director I think)

So I wouldn't be surprised if we see another TF edition Camaro soonish as I think the Bumblebee movie is supposed to have a 2019 release date.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:59 PM   #9
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
As a professional in a conservative field, I'm somewhat embarrassed to own this car and drive it to work in a parking garage full of of A6s, E classes, and 5 series. I bought the car for the drivetrain and performance rather than looks (which I never loved), but it strikes me as somewhat juvenile looking. The 2015+ Mustang, on the other hand (which I used to own), looks a lot more refined and professional. But, the Mustang/Camaro/Challenger market probably doesn't have a lot of professionals, would be my guess.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:06 PM   #10
Michael2000

Quote:
I believe they tested the design with focus groups at local elementary schools.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:13 PM   #11
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
So sixth gen sales are down.

GM releases a refreshed car that:

-Has controversial styling (at least off putting to a majority of loyal Camaro fans- let alone other potential buyers) that erases all historical Camaro dna.

-Has new tech to alleviate visibility concerns but makes you fork over more $ for a 2SS trim. Should safety aids be standard on a $38K sports car? If not, why not provide it a level the competition does not?

-Has a power deficit in comparison to its main competition

-Has fewer color choices

Pricing is still unknown so who knows how that will factor in . . .

Yeah, that'll increase sales.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:15 PM   #12
Navigator

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
You have the best looking car by far. All those cars you listed are nice, but they are boring and stuffy looking. The 15+ Mustang is absolutely hideous, looks-wise, the 13-14 Stang was WAY better. You chose wisely.
Clearly taste is subjective and everyone prefers different things, so there's no point in arguing about that. I think the 2SS even competes pretty well in terms of features and maybe even interior quality to some of the entry level A4s or 3 series my coworkers have.

But I think generally the American muscle cars have very little appeal in the professional world. Valets at the country club always love my car because they NEVER see a manual V8 muscle car there (even though they do get to drive McLarens and Ferraris and other exotics). That being said, the 2015+ Mustang did a great job crossing over into more of a European design, reminiscent of Aston Martin or Jaguar. The Camaro is still pretty regressive and retro in terms of its styling. That being said, I love driving the car.
Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:18 PM   #13
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
My questions now are:

1. Is there another Transformers movie in the works?
2. Can we expect Bumblebee to be a 7th gen Camaro?
1. Yes
2. No (Bumblebee will be a VW Bug in the next film)
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:26 PM   #14
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
I've said this same thing before about the hotwheels and TF stuff. They need to get over the toy thing.

The only Camaro I considered is the 1LE because it looks more purposeful, aggressive, and mature. Notice I didn't say classy... if I wanted classy, I would have gone for a BMW or something. It's kinda like one of those "loud" versions of the Porsche 911 with the bright wheels and stripes. Not meant to be classy, but in your face performance, track oriented.

The only other camaro would be a ZL1. I'm a 42 year old dude and I dont want to drive around in a big version of a kid's toy.

I think the mustang looks classier, more refined and mature, but for the money, the 1LE won me over.
Cgocifer is offline   Reply With Quote