Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #1
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
Gen6 ZL1 modified suspension

Newbie here. I am ordering a ZL1. I actually would prefer the 1LE option but unfortunately require the A10 transmission. Consequently I intend/plan on installing the DSSV suspension components to replace the MRC suspension.

Has anyone done a replace of the MRC suspension? Has anyone used the aFe POWER 436-401002-N aFe Control Suspension Logic ESD (Electronic Shock Delete) GM Gen 3, Small Connector to defeat the computer issues.

I have searched and while there is a lot of talk about suspension there is no thread that I can find that says I changed the suspension, this is what I did, this is the consequences.

Thanks
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #2
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
The DSSV kits are a fairly recent offering from gM. That’s why your search was fruitless. Best of luck and post lots of pics/info here when you do the swap! I think KE offers a MRC delete kit as well.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
WEAPON-X

Drives: ZL1 ATS-V CTS-V C7Z Range Sport SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbimmer View Post
Newbie here. I am ordering a ZL1. I actually would prefer the 1LE option but unfortunately require the A10 transmission. Consequently I intend/plan on installing the DSSV suspension components to replace the MRC suspension.

Has anyone done a replace of the MRC suspension? Has anyone used the aFe POWER 436-401002-N aFe Control Suspension Logic ESD (Electronic Shock Delete) GM Gen 3, Small Connector to defeat the computer issues.

I have searched and while there is a lot of talk about suspension there is no thread that I can find that says I changed the suspension, this is what I did, this is the consequences.

Thanks
Ride Tech offers a mag ride tune kit for the C7s, I'm guessing there would be some changes needed, but what was once sought after to tune the suspension is now becoming a reality!
WEAPON-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:44 PM   #4
hashtag

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10/2018 GT350R #JR603
Have you driven a ZL1 1LE?
Old 12-24-2017, 07:24 AM   #5
Badgerbimmer

Drives: ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
Have you driven a ZL1 1LE?
I have a fully prepped track car without a rubber bushing to be found, including engine and transmission mounts. Its kinda street legal...... Which I drive on the street. The ZL1 with 1LE suspension is a replacement, albeit a bit softer.
Badgerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote