Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-18-2018, 07:49 AM   #29
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Reccomend getting some all-seasons next time...... sorry I had to.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:13 AM   #30
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
It sucked big time, especially since I wasn't driving recklessly or carelessly whatsoever when the accident happened. If I was driving like an asshole and crashed I think the loss would have been a little easier to deal with.
If that's true, I certainly wouldn't be buying the same exact car again.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #31
Jimabe

Drives: 2018 Red ZL1
Maybe too late and not needed, but what color car you looking for?

I recently bought a "regular" ZL1 and that dealer had 10+ ZL1's at that time. Three were 1LE's. Just looked and they have a black 1LE listed for $69. ($73 sticker w/PDR.)

Based on my dealing w/them, I'm pretty sure they'd deal off $69...

It's Castle Chevrolet in North Chicago. I used to live in Upstate NY, and visit regularly, it's a fairly easy drive down 90!...or fly in to O'hare and they are a few miles from there...
Jimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #32
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 1LE View Post
If that's true, I certainly wouldn't be buying the same exact car again.

I can’t imagine myself becoming scared to drive a car regardless of the circumstances involving an accident. Maybe it’s because I know exactly what caused the accident. This 1LE version of the Zl1 is a car to keep for a long time (if not forever). No way I’m letting a bump in the road scare me, I refuse to live in fear. Our time on this earth is too short for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimabe View Post
Maybe too late and not needed, but what color car you looking for?

I recently bought a "regular" ZL1 and that dealer had 10+ ZL1's at that time. Three were 1LE's. Just looked and they have a black 1LE listed for $69. ($73 sticker w/PDR.)

Based on my dealing w/them, I'm pretty sure they'd deal off $69...

It's Castle Chevrolet in North Chicago. I used to live in Upstate NY, and visit regularly, it's a fairly easy drive down 90!...or fly in to O'hare and they are a few miles from there...
Thank you for the heads up man. Black is not an option for me, my 2010 SS was black. After a while the car looks boring because you can’t see any of the shapes on the body because of the dark color. Red Hot is my first choice, white would be my second. my hellcat is B5 blue so getting another blue car is not appealing to me.

Im getting the final value from Geico this week sometime. As long as I can close the deal with the dealership before the end of the month I’m sure I can get them to take 1k or more off their 71k asking price.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #33
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
I've been told that Geico typically pays out on the higher end.
That's been my experience. I totaled my car by hitting a deer and they gave me more than the book value. Book value was $3200 and they gave me $4,000. Of course that was a cheap car so hopefully they'll be generous on an expensive car too.
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #34
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSteel07 View Post
That's been my experience. I totaled my car by hitting a deer and they gave me more than the book value. Book value was $3200 and they gave me $4,000. Of course that was a cheap car so hopefully they'll be generous on an expensive car too.
They are being very generous with the value. I got word today, they are giving me just north of $71k for it. The lien holder should be payed by tomorrow and I should receive a check for the positive equity by the end of the week.

I need to get the deal done for the new one by the end of the month so I can take advantage of a $3,000 discount.

Pray for me boys !!

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 05-21-2018, 07:49 PM   #35
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Good for you, Alain. Make it count!
Gunkk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #36
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I can’t imagine myself becoming scared to drive a car regardless of the circumstances involving an accident. Maybe it’s because I know exactly what caused the accident. This 1LE version of the Zl1 is a car to keep for a long time (if not forever). No way I’m letting a bump in the road scare me, I refuse to live in fear. Our time on this earth is too short for that.

Thank you for the heads up man. Black is not an option for me, my 2010 SS was black. After a while the car looks boring because you can’t see any of the shapes on the body because of the dark color. Red Hot is my first choice, white would be my second. my hellcat is B5 blue so getting another blue car is not appealing to me.

Im getting the final value from Geico this week sometime. As long as I can close the deal with the dealership before the end of the month I’m sure I can get them to take 1k or more off their 71k asking price.
Hey, if it's not too late, consider garnet red, it's beautiful with the metallic flakes and even more stunning if you get it ceramic coated. Royal color . This and hyper blue are the best choices IMO, red hot is very nice, but I find it a little plain, to me it has little depth, just raw color.

Oh, and good luck with the insurance and the new car, man. I made my share of mistakes behind the wheel, and thank God none of them was punished, but I do recall some dreadful moments, I guess this was all to keep me sane and from becoming a total jerk. Get that new ZL11 and enjoy it.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 09:15 PM   #37
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Good for you, Alain. Make it count!
Thank you sir!!! I’m not in the clear yet so I’m trying really damn hard to not count my chickens before hey hatch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Hey, if it's not too late, consider garnet red, it's beautiful with the metallic flakes and even more stunning if you get it ceramic coated. Royal color . This and hyper blue are the best choices IMO, red hot is very nice, but I find it a little plain, to me it has little depth, just raw color.

Oh, and good luck with the insurance and the new car, man. I made my share of mistakes behind the wheel, and thank God none of them was punished, but I do recall some dreadful moments, I guess this was all to keep me sane and from becoming a total jerk. Get that new ZL11 and enjoy it.
That garnet red doesn’t catch me eye man. I’m picky with red colors. It needs to be that pure red! No flake in it or nothin.....just pure red !!

My job involves a lot of driving (fast driving ), it’s easy to get desensitized to speed when you drive fast the majority of the time. Trust me, this episode has caught my attention (even though speed was not a factor in this accident).

Hitting the guardrail, the loud noise of the impact and that side airbag punching me in the side of the head was a reminder of how fragile we humans are.

Thank you for the encouraging words.

I’ll keep you boys posted.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 05-21-2018, 09:24 PM   #38
Chub2000

Drives: 2018 camaro zl1 , 2007 porsche GT3,
Here is the most recent Manheim wholesale report. Unfortunately the "1LE" option has never shown up and that makes these cars hard to value and it hurts the value.
Attached Images

Chub2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:43 PM   #39
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chub2000 View Post
Here is the most recent Manheim wholesale report. Unfortunately the "1LE" option has never shown up and that makes these cars hard to value and it hurts the value.
I have two different printouts from Mannheim wholesale which I got from the dealership when I was preparing myself to deal with Geico. We were able to find two cars in the entire north east.

Kelly blue book doesn’t have the 1LE listed yet. These factors actually helped my case.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 05-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #40
BlueSteel07

Drives: Nothing
Quote:
My job involves a lot of driving (fast driving ), it’s easy to get desensitized to speed when you drive fast the majority of the time.
What job is that and where do I sign up?!?
BlueSteel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 05:59 PM   #41
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Not once have I wished I had PDR. Hard to sell? Unlikely.
I have it and haven't used it except once to see if it works. It does! The sunroof is a must for me. Maybe mine will be hard to sell too with the roof.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:05 PM   #42
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
They are being very generous with the value. I got word today, they are giving me just north of $71k for it. The lien holder should be payed by tomorrow and I should receive a check for the positive equity by the end of the week.

I need to get the deal done for the new one by the end of the month so I can take advantage of a $3,000 discount.

Pray for me boys !!
Good news on the $$! $3K Conquest discount? I got that as part of my deal, hope you make it. Also I work for a GM partner and I think Chevy sweetened the deal even more. My ZL1 was sitting for a while. Not sure if ZLEs are gathering dust.