Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-11-2020, 12:07 AM   #1
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
ZL1 1LE specific cover tearing on canards

I already contacted the cover manufacturer - but has anyone else had this issue?

I think it was caused by the wind moving the cover across the canards.
There is nothing near the car, and the cover is ony removed 2-3 times a month; this cover is only 5 months old.

im thinking it should have something like an iron-on patch in that area to prevent this.
Attached Images

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
More than likely the wind. The manufacturer should add a bit more padding to that area.

My girlfriend bought me a cover for my ZL1 though it doesn't cover the front splitter and I'm fine with it since it is under a shelter covering when I put it on.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 11:53 PM   #3
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

I finally recieved a response front the manufacturer, they said they wont cover it and that an animal had done it; but i have a gated yard and there are no animals.
they said that would would repair it for $100.

My response was that based on the single hole and the fact that the car had no damage, it must have been a unicorn.
I then said that since unicorns are not native to my area - that we would have to agree to disagree on the cause.

they didnt contact me after that.

i paid 280 for it in april, and it supposedly has a 5 year warranty - which they obviously have no intention of honoring.

instead of repairing it, I will instead be looking for a cover from a manufacturer other than california car cover company because thier warranties are worthless and they dont stand behind thier product.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
Old 09-19-2020, 12:54 AM   #4
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
Possibly look into the covers available from GM that could be ordered with the car. It looks like you need an outdoor cover, I would assume the outdoor cover is made by the same company as the indoor cover that can be ordered with our cars (that I have) but I thought mine worked great last winter. Seemed very high quality and even had the ZL1 logos all over it. It specifies only for the standard ZL1 but I can verify it covers the entire car over the spoiler and all just fine. Fits splitter to rear bumper no problem! Perhaps someone has the outdoor cover and can confirm fitment on a ZLE? My next thought would be to, as insurance, place a microfiber towel on the cannards and possibly the ends of the spoiler to help with potential rubbing issues on the new cover when you get it. This would be the outdoor version for your situation...

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/pr...tegoryId=12004
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 02:55 PM   #5
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntimidatorZ View Post
Possibly look into the covers available from GM that could be ordered with the car. It looks like you need an outdoor cover, I would assume the outdoor cover is made by the same company as the indoor cover that can be ordered with our cars (that I have) but I thought mine worked great last winter. Seemed very high quality and even had the ZL1 logos all over it. It specifies only for the standard ZL1 but I can verify it covers the entire car over the spoiler and all just fine. Fits splitter to rear bumper no problem! Perhaps someone has the outdoor cover and can confirm fitment on a ZLE? My next thought would be to, as insurance, place a microfiber towel on the cannards and possibly the ends of the spoiler to help with potential rubbing issues on the new cover when you get it. This would be the outdoor version for your situation...
Im going to see if I can get some iron on patches to apply to the inside like it should have had from the mfgr.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
Old 09-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #6
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
I've had a California car cover outdoor cover for my ZL1 1LE for two years now. My car sits in the driveway all winter, the cover has held up great.

sorry to hear they are not going to honor the warranty. makes me kind of nervous. All three of my out door car covers are from them.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:00 PM   #7
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I used carcovers.com and they’ll customize it to what you want (I got mine longer to come down past the wheel to the ground) it’s awesome quality.
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2020, 12:31 AM   #8
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Nasty1le View Post
I used carcovers.com and they’ll customize it to what you want (I got mine longer to come down past the wheel to the ground) it’s awesome quality.
Damn that thing looks NASTY under that cover! I love going out to the garage in the snowy winter to see the beast just waiting for the warm weather lurking under the car cover haha! Makes me so pumped for spring to arrive to take her out again!
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote