Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-18-2020, 09:55 AM   #659
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Oh no, first the very sad passing of Becky and now this:

https://www.dragzine.com/news/new-je...into-question/

What will I do now Tuesday and Friday nights?
I'm not from the area but heard about this on stangmodes channel. Seems like a popular fast track, what a shame.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #660
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I can't wait to get back to Atco. I think 2.0 60s are now possible given the built in bog.

Old 08-15-2020, 06:02 PM   #661
Fraxum

I went to Atco last night and I think I got in 8 runs before leaving at 9 PM.

It turns out trying to race on the 245 LT1 all seasons in an m6 is a waste of time. So I bolted on my DRs. Sure, that's cheating but with the built in GM bog, they are not all that effective. So far only 1.9s are possible but I got a number of those on stock SS tires.

My Best run so far was in 1359 DA: 12.421@113.71. I think in better air 12.2s are very possible.

I ran a few times against a 9 second Redeye, so I felt relly slow. He even out RTed me. Sad of that but happy with the nights results. Almost all 12.5s.

Snowblind was there ruuning 10s with his new awesome C8. He attracted alot of attention.

Still I am looking for stock or with just tires Coyotes to run but only one run so far which was a winner against a new A10 base GT. To be fair the owners are still learning the car. So am I learning mine.

Sadly I found out Pat has taken a fall and he is not doing so well. I hope you make it back Pat!

Last edited by Fraxum; 08-16-2020 at 12:28 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 01:21 PM   #662
Fraxum

I went to Atco last Friday night and left sfter 4 runs of improvement. But it was mobbed by 8 PM so I left.

My big improvement was consistency! I installed a Holley ODB2 shift light in about 5 minutes. I still need to adjust the 2-3 and 3-4 and maybe pick up a 12.3. What I do not like about it and the placemenent is the windshield reflection. Does my LT1 have a HUD windshield?

I am still launch testing to avoid the GM bog. Al O. said there is a clutch release that can mostly avoid the bog. He is a straight shooter so it must be possible. Maybe I will try to ask him about that. I wish he was still involved with Camaros, but you know he will make some fast good handling cars that have to beep when they back up.

I made 3 12.5 runs and a 12.465@114.39 @ +85 Drag Times DA and my best 60' @ 1.948 in the LT1. I did about that number in my '16 SS on stock runflats a number of times.

I also beat up on 2 stock 392 autos, a Challenger and a Charger. On the other side of the coin I was crushed by a fast early 90s Mustang and a very cool mint Turbo Buick. Both of these were mid 11 second cars with good drivers so no hope for them spinning or falling asleep giving me a chance.

Old 08-23-2020, 03:29 PM   #663
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Oh no, first the very sad passing of Becky and now this:
I cannot believe she passed. I never met her, but I saw posts about her and heard more about her than anyone else on this forum. She was probably the most loved and cherished person here. And I wish I could have met her. Truly a sad event. This year has just been the absolute worst. She touched a lot of lives and she was truly a very good person and I doubt this forum will ever be the same without her.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 04:22 PM   #664
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
i think those big tires are hurting more than they are helping.
Old 08-24-2020, 04:43 PM   #665
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
i think those big tires are hurting more than they are helping.
The are the same height as the stockers on 17" wheels. The all season runflats would go sideways if I was not careful on the 1-2 shift. :(
Old 08-24-2020, 04:45 PM   #666
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I cannot believe she passed. I never met her, but I saw posts about her and heard more about her than anyone else on this forum. She was probably the most loved and cherished person here. And I wish I could have met her. Truly a sad event. This year has just been the absolute worst. She touched a lot of lives and she was truly a very good person and I doubt this forum will ever be the same without her.
So glad I had her deliver my LT1. She was so nice. The best car delivery ever.
Old 08-24-2020, 06:07 PM   #667
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
The are the same height as the stockers on 17" wheels.
exactly. there's no doubt the car would benefit several ways from a 26" tire. best 60' i got out of my stock 1LE was 2.0. car went 12.61 @ 115. the bog got me, too. prepped track, 4700 sidestep and it fell flat on its face. da was around 2400' if i remember correctly.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:42 PM   #668
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
exactly. there's no doubt the car would benefit several ways from a 26" tire. best 60' i got out of my stock 1LE was 2.0. car went 12.61 @ 115. the bog got me, too. prepped track, 4700 sidestep and it fell flat on its face. da was around 2400' if i remember correctly.
Oh I see what you mean lower gearing. Agreed, especially with no gears for the SS/LT1 diff. I would need shorter skinnies to match as more than 1" difference drives Stabilitrack crazy. My goal is 11s. But I may need good air and the LS2 IM. I understand you can run it with no tune. I have my HPTuners handy, but I want to wait a bit to tune. Getting rid of the GM bog could get me 1.8 60s.

12.61 @ 115 with a SS 1LE is a nice run in that DA.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:36 AM   #669
Fraxum

I went to Atco last night....

And it was a good night. Again the plan to go early on a Friday was a good one. I got in 4 runs and left early as the overflow Street 3rd lane filled up behind me on my last run.

I am still making good progress. I had my best run so far 12.352@114.22 MPH. Also I had my first .000 light! I have had 4 or 5 .001s and -.001s but this was my first all zeros. Unfortunately my shift light stopped working and I messed and had my first 13 second ET with DRs. All 12.6 or better up till last night.

I met this guy with a bolton C6 LS3 M6 who was very nervous. His first outing racing. We helped coach him and he started getting into it. On street tires he could not get out of the 13s. I think he was short shifting big time. That was him in the right lane in my 12/3 run.

I also raced the new blue Sinister almost stock GT A10 again with MR. driving this time and again represented Camaros against a well driven Ford. I just barely edged him out. He was running me down and I guess I got nervous short shifting 4th. I did hang on for the fender to fender win. For some reason they gave us a pro-light and we both fell asleep for almost a second. zzzzz.

And on top of all that we had another beautiful Atco sunset. So peaceful with the go-carts running. :(

Old 09-19-2020, 07:47 AM   #670
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
How have the manual 6th gens been making out with DRs? The manual Mustangs have had a lot of issues trying to launch on sticky tires.
Old post from gossip Squirrel. But M6 LT1s love sticky tires. I read Al Oppenheiser's GM bog post carefully again and I think I am sort of getting the hang of it. I found a track photo of my LT1 I will buy and frame. It shows a nice rise at the front but of course no air under either tire, yet. Low 1.9s won't get you there.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:52 AM   #671
Fraxum

And had a good time. Some old friends were there and I am making some new ones. Marc, my Pitman friend came and some from his work were there too.

I made 3 runs. The first one was a 12.291@114.82. The shift lite was working on that one. Promising and my best run yet with the LT1. Then on the next run the lite failed me again. Somehow it kept forgetting the settings. That run was a high 12.4.

There was a long delay before my next run with a ton of cars running and several spills. I almost left but then I started talking to the Sinister crew, Snowblind, and friends and got very interested in running the Sinister Mustang with an interested audience. The Mustang is a base A10 2020 GT with tires and a CAI just like me. And both members of the Sinister team are good drivers. They were getting close to 11s. I come to Atco to beat Mustangs! Was I going to chicken out? Nah. let's go.

I was in the front of the street line and the Sinister Stang was one car back. So we go another Mustang, a nice turbo vert to go around me.

When I lined up I double bulbed Sinister. Sorry, it was accidental. I have a hard time with that. And I was so on edge I shaved the light a little too much and left a little early. Sorry again.

Liking that my LT1 trapped @116. The DA was around +220. I dont think my stock '16 M6 SS trapped higher than 115 in any air.

A C8 LT2 IM is on the way and I also have a Velossa Tech scoop to try to install. I think with those parts and Atco fall air, an 11 is very possible!

Another Atco Sunset!
Old 10-28-2020, 08:23 AM   #672
Fraxum

The Sinister Mustang was there. it won the top prize at a Halloween Car show decorated for the holiday. The red claw scratch decal looked great on the fender. I should have gotten a pic. They were struggling with some mods, I hope they got it sorted after I left.

Snowblind was there with his rock star C8 crushing the national C8 10 second times.

As for me I was tired but got 3 runs in:

12.159 @ 115.20 with a new best 1.823 60'.

12.218 @ 116.26

12.445 @ 101.9 I messed up the 3-4 shift and backed off before letting the clutch out. That was the run that made me decide to leave.