Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #43
Silent_H_

Drives: '21 V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
A10 shifts faster

M6 is a more visceral driving experience

Thank God we still have a choice

Pick your poison and be happy.
Amen brother! Both are great, and I'm excited we still have a choice.
Silent_H_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #44
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awebb View Post
Loving my 2020 LT1 with the A10 so far. No regrets.

Quote:
I was in the never-auto club for a long time, but this one won me over when I test drove it.

It's also what let me talk my wife into letting me buy it. She was very wary of manual, since she wanted to be able to drive it too, and my reassurances of "I'll teach you how to drive a manual" weren't well received... :-)
I'm guessing that you and she are at least in your early to mid-30's . . . meaning that your window of opportunity to teach her how to drive stick may have already closed. As far as big-power cars are concerned, anyway.

Norm
Old 09-18-2020, 09:09 AM   #45
stlwrx

Drives: 2020 LT1, 04 JDM STI, 18 BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
I can't imagine anyone buying the A10 in an SS or LT1 having any regrets. The A10 is such an animal, the last thought that pops into my head is modding the car for power. IMO if you need faster than the A10 in SS or LT1 guise, you'll never be satisfied and your wallet will never be heavy.
The Camaro is the slowest car in my garage lol. My track/HPDE car is a fully built, big turbo Subaru, makes 515 whp at 22 lbs and weighs 2600lbs with me in it.
stlwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:14 AM   #46
stlwrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I thought I read that this Bosch controller is being used across most 20-on platforms. If that is true, it seems there is a good business case for HPTuners not to unlock this thing. But - I don't have any clue if I'm onto something.

I didn't know '20s would have this problem when I purchased mine. I didn't think I'd mod' it anyways at the time, but because I have, I would not have changed my decision then. It seems torque modeling can affect at least some aspects of the transmission tuning, and I think I've verified that. Regardless - even if it isn't unlocked in the future, I don't regret my decision. I got the car almost exactly how I wanted it, and have changed almost everything I've wanted to, and the state of the tranny tune isn't holding me back (torque tuning is, but that's not the topic, HAHAHA).
How is the tranny with the upgrade in power? I see you have a zl1 so you have the 10l90. My plan is around 600 with a blower- i don't think at that power level i will be missing too much with a TCM tune but would be nice to get one.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:26 AM   #47
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Locking the tcm has nothing to do with cyber security. It's completely about control. Taking control of your car and keeping it is GM's hands to divy out who can service it. This not only benefits franchises (dealers) but also helps ensure consumers can't extend the part beyond what gm wants... Forcing either more expensive new car purchases or more frequent ones.

It's exactly the same story with the encrypted audio in the infotainment system. It's going to reach pretty much everything. None of it is for your benefit... Security or otherwise
+1
Old 09-18-2020, 10:47 PM   #48
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
OP, no significant problems with the A10. Great automatic! But if you are a manual person you will get bored.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:00 AM   #49
stlwrx

I think many people are confused about my post. This was not a post about what is more fun a manual or automatic or which one is faster lol. This was a simple post asking if you regret having the t93 module in the car because it cannot get a TCM tune like the t87. So this would effect 20+ buyers down the road whom eventually want a cam or big big power.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:27 PM   #50
oilgear

Drives: Camaro ss, Cadillac, Kawasaki ZRX,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron07 View Post
Everyone knows modern automatic transmissions shift faster then a manual. We don’t buy manuals to be faster then an automatic. We buy them because we like shifting and being apart of the car. We buy them because we think they are more fun to drive. Manual users enjoy the driving experience. #SavetheManuals
True That!
M6 may be worth more in the future, as there are way less made.
oilgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:38 PM   #51
ChewDub

Drives: 2020 2ss 1le Satin Steel
has anyone picked up an ss 1le with the a10?? any reviews out there on it? For me I love the manual in my SS 1le way more than I did in my zl1. If I ever went back to the zl1 I would get it in auto because with that amount of power, especially on track, its a lot to control IMHO...
ChewDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #52
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
2019 V8 A10 here. Had manual cars for 5+ years before. No regrets. I’ve also had ZF and DCT BMWs. Chevy killed it.
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote