Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-02-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
RideWithDanger

Drives: 23 2SS 1LE
Custom Ordered 2019 3LT

Hello everyone. I talked with my local dealership and they will be putting an order in this Thursday. 2019, Black, 3LT, RS package, convenience and lighting package, black rims, red interior. So 2 packages, 2 options.

I just had a few questions that maybe you guys could help answer. The MSRP of this car is $38,535 after destination charge. Not counting incentives, what should I expect to pay? Ive heard I lose my ability to haggle with custom ordering, but looking at the "true market price" I see its about 35.5 or so before incentives. Would I be able to negotiate and knock some down? Every other camaro on their lot has at least 3k off before incentives.

Also on that question, the car will get here around... May? So I am hoping incentives will go up and trying to push out '19 models in favor of incoming '20s. Is that going to be beneficial in haggling as well?

Second question, I was told "typically 8-10 weeks" but ive seen on these forums it kind of varies but is the a better or more realistic expectation I should expect?

Other info: I own a mustang which GM sometimes offers money for, and I am also military which is like $500 off? Is there anything else I should know, or do I need to go speak with the dealer BEFORE the order is placed to work out some sort of price or do I need to just wait? Any other info or tips would be greatly appreciated. This is my first real car purchase, and first Camaro.
RideWithDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:22 PM   #2
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
Your car sounds a lot like mine except I'm getting a convertible.

You can definitely haggle with them. I got quotes from every dealer within 100 miles. Some basically just quoted invoice, some a few bucks less and some several bucks more. Then you'll get the ones that are just difficult and I stopped responding to them.

I ended up with just around $3500 below msrp before incentives.

Since you haven't purchased yet, I would highly recommend contacting Becky. She will answer all of your questions with great level of accuracy and proven knowledge. She can also do the order for you and have it delivered locally. You owe it to yourself to at least let her quote you.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #3
RideWithDanger

Just sent Becky a message. I will be looking forward to doing this properly and saving as much as I can.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:38 PM   #4
SilverCamaroVert

Drives: 2019 LT3 RS Convertible
She'll take care of you and can get you pretty low pricing. If you want decently low price and guarantied no-hassle results... She's the way to go.

My area has additional discounts due to being a bad market or something so I ended up taking a gamble on a local dealer who came in enough lower that I couldn't pass it up. It was a very difficult decision. Jury is still out. They did just pull one stupid dishonest stunt.
SilverCamaroVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 08:46 PM   #5
RideWithDanger

Im very pleased with my dealer as far as attitude and how they have treated me. Not pushy and very kind. My issue was with the car, all the cars on their lot are discounted 6k or so, but when asking about a custom order (or getting a similar one from another dealer that he would go pick up) I was offered little to nothing off, and that I was paying near MSRP as a walk out price.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:11 PM   #6
andy3213

Drives: 2019 1SS
GM has a lot of incentives that you may or may not qualify for. Those discounted prices on current inventory is just marketing. You might not actually qualify for that price.

My general rule-of-thumb is invoice minus rebates. You can go to Edmunds and find the invoice price of your car and all its options. In addition to that, the dealer has a holdback number. Sometimes they give you some of that holdback in your deal. Honestly for a custom ordered car, you'll probably not get any of the holdback.

The margins on Camaros is pretty slim, about 4%. So if your MSRP is $38535, the invoice would be around $37000. There is currently $1500 in customer cash which should bring your sale price to about $35500. Assuming you don't qualify for any additional rebates (like the $2000 Mustang conquest cash). Anything lower cuts into the dealer's holdback (probably about $1100 - just a guess).

Good luck hope this helps.
andy3213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:22 PM   #7
RideWithDanger

Actually a 4cyl I looked at (since they didnt have their one 6 up front) had an MSRP of 26 something, marked down to 21 something, and they offered me just over 20k before tax tag and title if I wanted to take it. So I qualified for that.

And here is what comes up for my exact camaro: $MSRP: 38,535 - Invoice:$36,768 - Fair market price $34,873 to 36,522.

This month I believe the incentives are 2k for customer cash, im hoping they will be similar during delivery. Im also banking on military ($500 I believe) and mustang owner (No idea) and maybe trading it in but I probably wont unless it gets me something extra because I expect less than half of what I could get from private sale.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:43 PM   #8
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithDanger View Post
Just sent Becky a message. I will be looking forward to doing this properly and saving as much as I can.
I have your pm's

We will talk - Monday..

My Pleasure to Help

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #9
RideWithDanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy View Post
I have your pm's

We will talk - Monday..

Becky
Thanks so much! Looking forward to it. Im free to talk anytime this weekend and upcoming week.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:47 PM   #10
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RideWithDanger View Post
Thanks so much! Looking forward to it. Im free to talk anytime this weekend and upcoming week.

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:35 AM   #11
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Chevrolet Offers 15% Camaro Discount In March 2019

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/03/...#ixzz5hebXj5td
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 03:48 AM   #12
RideWithDanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatourer View Post
Chevrolet Offers 15% Camaro Discount In March 2019

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/03/...#ixzz5hebXj5td
Only incentives that matter will be the ones available during the day I take delivery of the vehicle. I'm hoping for May but possibly later.
Old 03-09-2019, 04:20 AM   #13
441bertre

Drives: 1998 SS, 2018 1LE
I've never ordered a car so I don't know if you can 'haggle' over the price once you sit down for the paperwork but do the most research you can. Check pricing, rebates offered, anything and everything you can.

When I was shopping for my silver ice metallic 1LE I went to three dealerships before I made it eventually to where I purchased the car. I was on my break at work and saw the car I was looking at for a couple months price dropped. When I got off work I went directly to the dealership, walked in, sat down with the first sales person I saw, and pointed "I want that car sitting right there." I took her by surprise, she called her sales manager over so we could discuss options and after about two minutes he looks at me and says, "you've been doing some research haven't you?" I knew about the rebates, I knew what my financing was, I didn't care for any of the protection packages they were trying to sell. I was walking out with keys in my hand 90min later. Do your research.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #14
RideWithDanger

I'm very good about doing my research. I actually seemed to know more about the Camaro than any of the salesmen did. I was actually happy with all the prices of Camaros on the lot. I could have driven off with a new 4cyl for 20k before tax tag or title. The problem came with finding the Camaro I wanted.

My two options were having one shipped in from a state over or custom ordering. Both made them act like they were completely unable to negotiate and both had a final price of nearly the same so that is when I decided to preorder.

I'm just hoping when the car gets here I can get some sort of discount on it other than JUST incentives. I don't want to be paying MSRP when every other Camaro they sell is thousands less.