Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-24-2018, 03:51 PM   #15
Yanbags

Drives: '17 SS 1LE
Hehe, I had a red BRZ that I tracked extensively and now also have a Red Hot 1LE that replaced it. I do some endurance kart races from time to time with a friend, but we usually get our asses handed to us by teenagers that have been doing it since birth.

Things to expect:
- the noise is SO MUCH BETTER
- stock mechanical grip is incredible
- you really have to do absolutely nothing besides alignment and brake fluid to track the car
- stock pads are fine, but wear quickly. I would recommend going through the OEM pads first and then switching to something else if you like
- camber adjustment both F+R is enough for street tires
- you will definitely feel the weight difference, but the Camaro dances it VERY well
- consumables are x2 (if not more) in terms of cost and wear
- I found the Camaro very confidence-inspiring and easy to drive albeit it seeming intimidating when I first got it
- all controls (steering, brakes, chassis behavior) are very balanced and have great feedback
- easy to chase and pass GT3s
- likes gasoline a lil (read: a LOT) more than the BRZ

You'll love it. Congrats!
Yanbags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:54 PM   #16
camaroras

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I came from a 2017 BRZ to a Camaro SS 1LE. Both daily driven and absolutely love the 1LE. The BRZ just felt very lacking, I thought I could do the whole slow car fast thing, but once I started looking into forced induction, I figured it would be better to just upgrade to a car that i would be happy with in stock form. I never tracked the BRZ, and have one 2-day track event under my belt with the 1LE, so I can't really compare them in that sense, but I can definitely say that the 1Le blew me away at the track. I am fairly certain I would have been underwhelmed with the BRZ at a track. Only drawback is the increased fuel consumption, but that is outweighed by the increased smiles
camaroras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #17
davecamaro6

Drives: Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitespeed View Post
Looking forward to hopefully crossing paths at a track next year. I've yet to meet in person any other 1LE owners in Ontario who have actually been to one. Where did you track the BRZ?
Sorry for late reply, but I tracked my BRZ mostly in Cayuga and sometimes at Mosport. I see that you also have a Datsun Z. I actually went to Mosport with Ontario Z Club a couple years ago so we might of even crossed paths before haha.
davecamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:16 AM   #18
davecamaro6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanbags View Post
Hehe, I had a red BRZ that I tracked extensively and now also have a Red Hot 1LE that replaced it. I do some endurance kart races from time to time with a friend, but we usually get our asses handed to us by teenagers that have been doing it since birth.

Things to expect:
- the noise is SO MUCH BETTER
- stock mechanical grip is incredible
- you really have to do absolutely nothing besides alignment and brake fluid to track the car
- stock pads are fine, but wear quickly. I would recommend going through the OEM pads first and then switching to something else if you like
- camber adjustment both F+R is enough for street tires
- you will definitely feel the weight difference, but the Camaro dances it VERY well
- consumables are x2 (if not more) in terms of cost and wear
- I found the Camaro very confidence-inspiring and easy to drive albeit it seeming intimidating when I first got it
- all controls (steering, brakes, chassis behavior) are very balanced and have great feedback
- easy to chase and pass GT3s
- likes gasoline a lil (read: a LOT) more than the BRZ

You'll love it. Congrats!
Just what I am expecting, thanks for the feedback!
Old 10-26-2018, 11:25 AM   #19
davecamaro6

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroras View Post
I came from a 2017 BRZ to a Camaro SS 1LE. Both daily driven and absolutely love the 1LE. The BRZ just felt very lacking, I thought I could do the whole slow car fast thing, but once I started looking into forced induction, I figured it would be better to just upgrade to a car that i would be happy with in stock form. I never tracked the BRZ, and have one 2-day track event under my belt with the 1LE, so I can't really compare them in that sense, but I can definitely say that the 1Le blew me away at the track. I am fairly certain I would have been underwhelmed with the BRZ at a track. Only drawback is the increased fuel consumption, but that is outweighed by the increased smiles
I agree, felt the same way with my BRZ. It was never enough power and forced induction (doing it properly) cost too much that it made more sense just to get a faster car from the factory.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #20
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
As has been written before it will be size and power.

You'll get used to both just like getting used to any new car. It will be more of a mental thing (sensation of speed, having to be ready sooner for braking zones and positioning of the car to hit apexes).

I think the one main difference will be that this car will have enough power to break the rears loose whereas with the BRZ you would have to be doing something pretty extreme for that to happen.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 01:58 PM   #21
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
Way more power. Way more torque. More size.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:24 PM   #22
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecamaro6 View Post
Hey everyone! New to the forums as I just picked up a 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE! Loving the car so far and I can't imagine how it will feel once I start taking it to the track. Previous car was a BRZ which I tracked extensively; great car but not enough power from the factory imo.

Anyone driven an SS 1LE and a BRZ? I know the two cars cannot be compared; completely different power, price point, etc. But I am just curious what to expect coming from a BRZ as I probably won't be able to track my car until next summer.

I've also raced competitively in karting (shifter karts, rotax, and tag) since I was 10 (I am now 19). If anyone has done karting before, I would like to hear what made you want a 1LE as well!

Welcome to owning a Real Car.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:33 PM   #23
loljunk_

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecamaro6 View Post
Hey everyone! New to the forums as I just picked up a 2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE! Loving the car so far and I can't imagine how it will feel once I start taking it to the track. Previous car was a BRZ which I tracked extensively; great car but not enough power from the factory imo.
I owned a 2014 WRX hatch before i bought my 2018 1LE in May of this year. Everything about the car is so much better. Especially the rev match; it blows my mind how well rev match works and does it better than me haha.

Tags
1le, 2ss, brz, karting, track