Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 04-01-2019, 08:31 PM   #29
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
No matter WHAT it is, I'm going to guarantee you're going to like it. Just be aware that it's a different animal in the wet or before the tires are warmed to normal. It can get you into trouble...lol. Enjoy!
Yeah I'm finding out while pulling in second, it's best to just feather the throttle to avoid doing the hula!
However, I'm not sure if it's the tires, suspension or just the way it is?

The original owner replaced the tires with Nitto 555 with a traction wear of 320 if I'm not mistaken, and the original GY are 220.

Then I have a message that says Service Suspension System!

So, I'm not sure which is really causing the rear to dance while pulling slightly hard in 2nd, 3rd.

I want to get the original GY tires when the Nittos are worn, just to feel the difference.

The car goes in this Thursday for the Suspension Service...interesting to see why I get that message!
Old 04-02-2019, 12:24 AM   #30
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFatKidGT View Post

I wish they would have went more hardcore with a lighter weight audio solution and lighter seats.
Then you'd automatically cut out a huge market of people that don't fit the ergonomics of the lighter less-adjustable or fixed seats. Best leave that up to aftermarket. Buy your own fitted seats and forgo adjustments/electronics. You'd probably save 80lbs or so total at least.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #31
ScaryFatKidGT

Drives: NGM SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Yeah I'm finding out while pulling in second, it's best to just feather the throttle to avoid doing the hula!
However, I'm not sure if it's the tires, suspension or just the way it is?

The original owner replaced the tires with Nitto 555 with a traction wear of 320 if I'm not mistaken, and the original GY are 220.

Then I have a message that says Service Suspension System!

So, I'm not sure which is really causing the rear to dance while pulling slightly hard in 2nd, 3rd.

I want to get the original GY tires when the Nittos are worn, just to feel the difference.

The car goes in this Thursday for the Suspension Service...interesting to see why I get that message!
My winter tires do that but sumer performance tires shouldn't... I'd have the suspention checked out at a dealer first then I would suggest Michelin PS 4S tires unless you really want the crazy hardcore grip of the GD F1 SC3's

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Then you'd automatically cut out a huge market of people that don't fit the ergonomics of the lighter less-adjustable or fixed seats. Best leave that up to aftermarket. Buy your own fitted seats and forgo adjustments/electronics. You'd probably save 80lbs or so total at least.
They don't need to be fixed, just manual adjusting and without being wired for heating and venting on the 1SS 1LE only, the 2SS 1LE would have the option for the auto recaros with heating and cooling.
ScaryFatKidGT is offline   Reply With Quote