Old 02-27-2024, 12:10 AM   #43
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Thought a video would help...

Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 11:02 PM   #44
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Well, it worked and was largely a success. Today was a practice "testing and tuning" day, but I can't make the race day tomorrow. Pretty much exactly what I needed. First few runs on the tires were sketchy, but they calmed down after. Wheels go in the back seat much better with the back seat in the normal position. Nothing can get in the trunk from either direction, so seats in the normal position gives more room back there for the two front wheels. And yeah, you might get 3 in there by putting one in the passenger seat, but more than that would be a mind-bending contortion feat, doesn't seem possible. I'll just drive on the wheels when we have a city-event, but this one was about 50 miles away and I wanted to see if this works. We have a few events around 150 miles away. Thanks to Dave113 for the wheels!
Attached Images

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2024, 09:42 AM   #45
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: '23 1SS 1LE
Thanks for the update James!
Happy to hear you had a good experience with the tire carrier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
]Wheels go in the back seat much better with the back seat in the normal position. Nothing can get in the trunk from either direction, so seats in the normal position gives more room back there for the two front wheels. And yeah, you might get 3 in there by putting one in the passenger seat, but more than that would be a mind-bending contortion feat, doesn't seem possible.
So you went the route of fitting two wheels in the back seats and leaving the full trunk available for other things?
What orientation did the 2 wheels fit best in the back seat and do you have any pictures?
Thanks!
Camaro Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote