Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-19-2018, 11:51 PM   #29
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman_MD View Post
Look up medical residency work hour restrictions. Medical residents work 80-100 hours per week (depending on specialty)... But we are all capped at 80 patient care hours. Which doesn't include administrative stuff and studying for board exams, etc... It averages out to ~100 work week. When I was on surgery as a student, we would have to work some shifts that were 30+ hour days (5am - 10/11am the next day).

Before that law came in, there were almost no restrictions on how many hours a resident could work... In fact, the origin of the name is "resident of the house" (hospital), bc they used to live in the hospital.

here is an article for you
https://www.theatlantic.com/business...edules/516639/
Yeah...as someone in a similar safety-critical profession...that sh*t is downright unsafe. It's unsafe for the patients. It's unsafe for you (driving to/from work). That's bull crap.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 03:41 AM   #30
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
I have to be honest, I think some folks are giving Chevy way too much leeway here. This car is an engineering masterpiece, a boxer that punches way above his class in terms of performance. But these quality issues are a legitimate concern that shouldn't be overlooked. We shouldn't be sitting here saying "oh it's just a minor issue", or " oh yeah this is a know problem, easy fix". We should be pressing Chevy to resolve these issues, not overlook them. Because if we the consumers don't, then Chevy will continue to be okay with their (insert percentage here) complaint rate.

I bought the car in spite of known reliability issues, based on performance, but I'm not entirely happy with the car because of them.
THIS!

Someone saying airbag sensor issues and the right rearview mirror not working are "minor issues" on a car with less than 400 miles is hilarious. No, that's not normal or a "minor" issue on a brand new $40,000 car. I get the occasional hiccups for the first 10,000 miles... But multiple issues under 400 miles? Give me a break...
Old 05-20-2018, 07:10 AM   #31
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
^^One loose electrical connector can cause multiple issues. Rather than speculate, the car should be taken in to get looked over. While I agree it's not cool to have problems with such low miles (I wouldn't be happy either), the fact is, cars are becoming more and more like computers and you know how that goes. Not an excuse, just reality.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:45 AM   #32
Iceman_MD

Drives: 18 RS Camaro & 15 Z06 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Yeah...as someone in a similar safety-critical profession...that sh*t is downright unsafe. It's unsafe for the patients. It's unsafe for you (driving to/from work). That's bull crap.
I used to think the same thing... But from the studies I've seen quoted, it has not significantly reduced medical errors.
Iceman_MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:34 AM   #33
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I've done 80 Hour Shifts throughout the course of several weeks before. Its not fun but damn does it bank....
...until you do your taxes....
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:45 AM   #34
douglas2742

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS coupe
[QUOTE=grampa_ss;10190090]The first thing I'd do is disconnect the negative battery cable for 15-20 mins. Reconnect.
This forces the system to reboot. This is what fixed my display from choosing it's own language and radio stations. It's been 1 year and hasn't returned.[/QUOTE

Who did the rendering of your car - very cool!
1SS, Recaro seats, A8 w/paddle shift extensions, NPP, Magnuson 2300 supercharger, Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust and x-pipe, factory handling kit, Phastek lowering springs, Alpine sound system w/JL sub, Lexani custom 21" wheels, Michelin Super Sport 4S tires, Bigwormgraphix striping, Chevy Performance Brembo big brake kit, darkened taillights and Remin carbon fiber dash kit.

douglas2742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #35
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
chrisvr6 did it. over in the https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408664
Old 05-21-2018, 10:42 PM   #36
Cgocifer

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel
Welcome to mass produced, assembly line, blue collar brand cars. Just be glad this isn't GM of the 1980s... Not perfect, but GM, Chrysler FCA, and Ford have all come a long way.

My wife's $46k 4Runner has been in the shop more than my Camaro and my 60k mile RAM have combined.