Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-11-2018, 05:07 PM   #29
RaiderSSFan68

Drives: 2017 Red Hot 1SS 6M NPP
I went to CarMax twice for appraisals on two low mileage vehicles in good condition. Both times they offered me less than half of the KBB value. I sold both myself and got a little more than the KBB value for each vehicle. The CarMax no haggle model benefits CarMax...you take what they say for your car and pay what they say for their's!
RaiderSSFan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:25 PM   #30
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I've sold 2 cars to CarMax and used their offers to sell a couple others to a different dealership. They have always offered me more than any dealership.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #31
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
See what the selling dealer will offer fo the car. If it’s clean with low miles they may want it to sell as certified GM. I’m not sure what the restrictions are on this. I sold my 2012 ZL1 back to the dealer I bought it from and they beat Carmax by $500
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:55 PM   #32
NCSD

Drives: Nightfall, 2SS, A8, MRC, NPP,RE-71R
I sold several cars to carmax over the years. They on good for some cars but not others. We paid 34k for our rubicon in 2014 and 2 months ago they offered us 30k for it. So they are good on that car. When I was going to sell my loaded 2016 2ss I took it to carmax. I paid 35k new and they offered my 30k with 8000 miles on it. I thought that was low, so I put it on craigslist and sold it for 32k in 3 days. If it didnt sell as a last resort I would go back to carmax. Luckily I got one of those 20% off deals in 2016, so I didn't take a big hit on my camaro. Craiglist works but there are crooks out there so carmax is safer and easier.
NCSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:01 AM   #33
Kise

Drives: 16' 2SS, 06' Silverado SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyefixstuff View Post
This would ultimately be the best, but I have a loan on it still and it would be pretty hard for me to pay it off and get the title.
you would have to look up the private sale process to fully understand how it works but im pretty sure you would just have them write you the check, you payoff the loan and wait for them to get the paper work within 30 days. after the payoff both parties would go to the BMV and they would request a memorandum title.
im pretty sure it still works that way.
Kise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #34
m666etal

Drives: Civic
Carmax has been a life saver for me. I sold my 2016 Civic with an accident history (rear ended) to Carmax. All dealers, as well as KBB were offering 12k because of the accident. Carmax gave me 16k which was a very good offer considering the situation and me not wanting to deal with the hassle of selling privately because the car was still financed.
m666etal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #35
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I have no clue why some people here are comparing private sales to selling to a dealership or CarMax. 9 times out of 10 you will get more for a private sale but you have to be willing to deal with everything that entails. Just go over to CarMax and see what they offer. They make it pretty painless and give you a written offer good for like 7 days. They also wont hassle you to buy a new car like any other dealership you go to. Or at least in my experience.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:35 PM   #36
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Human nature. Private party sellers want dealer retail prices. Private party buyers want trade-in prices.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:22 AM   #37
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS6-M22 View Post
Just for shits and giggles I went today to get an a price on my mint 5,500mile 2017 1LESS. Their number was 27K. I smiled and left.
When I was getting ready to trade/sell my C7, a 2016 2LT M7 loaded, with 15k miles, they offered me $43k.

I traded it at a Chevy dealer in Delaware and got just under $50k.

They will low ball you, big time. Not worth wasting the time in my opinion.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 06:43 AM   #38
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Carmax is the pawn shop of the car world. You go there to dump a car if you have no other out and need money not to get a good price for your car. Why not just trade it if you are just buying another one?

If you have the time and energy, selling it yourself will usually get you the most money although depending on the state you are in there are also sales tax advantages to trading a car which can offset what you made selling it yourself. These cars are depreciating rapidly as most cars are these days. I think its funny however that Americans havent learned. Gas pricee are on the way back up. I see SUV and truck sales tanking just as manufacturers are moving away from cars. I know I never would have thought I would buy a Volt, but its in my near future for my daughter.

Sorry to side track. Go get a good deal with a trade. They are out there.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:27 AM   #39
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
I've sold 2 cars to CarMax and used their offers to sell a couple others to a different dealership. They have always offered me more than any dealership.
Always figure in the tax savings with a trade to be sure, the same as selling privately. But of course if you mod trading is hard. I wonder how Carmax is on that front?
Old 05-15-2018, 07:51 AM   #40
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
I appreciate all the feedback. The car I’m looking to find is very specific and I can only find a couple in the country, let alone my area. So the chances of being able to trade my car in for it would be pretty scarce.

I’m looking for a 2016 HBM, 2ss, auto, sunroof, NPP, low miles. MAYBE a red hot if it’s the right deal as that’s my second favorite color.

I did find one HBM with the features I want, but it’s in Georgia. They are asking 35k and it has 9k miles. That would be my top end spending amount.

Looking on carmax there are literally NO 2ss automatics available from any of their locations in the entire country. I’ve seen a couple come and go really fast, but none with the options I’m looking for.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #41
Kise

Quote:
I appreciate all the feedback. The car I’m looking to find is very specific and I can only find a couple in the country, let alone my area. So the chances of being able to trade my car in for it would be pretty scarce.

I’m looking for a 2016 HBM, 2ss, auto, sunroof, NPP, low miles. MAYBE a red hot if it’s the right deal as that’s my second favorite color.

I did find one HBM with the features I want, but it’s in Georgia. They are asking 35k and it has 9k miles. That would be my top end spending amount.

Looking on carmax there are literally NO 2ss automatics available from any of their locations in the entire country. I’ve seen a couple come and go really fast, but none with the options I’m looking for.
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=CAM
Old 05-15-2018, 08:24 AM   #42
Kise

Quote:

that is at 32k with 20k miles