Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #15
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
Also the fact that the PP now comes on the Auto. We can now have actual Auto vs Auto comparisons and whatnot.

I guess we'll finally get to see which chassis is better now. They should be about equal in power, tire, and suspension. It'll come down to suspension tuning and maybe the aggressive gearing the mustang is known for.
What do you mean? You already said on the Mustang forum that it'll easily beat the SS..

They're putting better tires on the PP.. They are reinforcing the chassis.. Could have sworn all the Ford boys already stated it's ahhmazing and can't get any better /doesn't need more reinforcement.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #16
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
What do you mean? You already said on the Mustang forum that it'll easily beat the SS..

They're putting better tires on the PP.. They are reinforcing the chassis.. Could have sworn all the Ford boys already stated it's ahhmazing and can't get any better /doesn't need more reinforcement.
I believe they word Ford used was "upgrading", not reinforcing.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:31 PM   #17
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
We'll know next year wont we? It's shaping up to be a drivers race. I'm interested to see the 1LE VS. the PP2 stang.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 06:52 PM   #18
SS2017

Drives: 2SS & GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
We'll know next year wont we? It's shaping up to be a drivers race. I'm interested to see the 1LE VS. the PP2 stang.
Not gonna be good for the GT PP2 unfortunately. Unless they bring it to GT350 levels, which they won't and can't, it will still be well behind. The gap will close, yes, but it still won't be a contest.
SS2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #19
Jamison

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Performance wise I believe it will close the gap, but somebody needs to get fired or an award for not getting canned. How is this car actually getting Uglier over time??
Old 01-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #20
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post

Oh i'm just trying to keep things friendly over here
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:18 PM   #21
ron scubadiver

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
Also the fact that the PP now comes on the Auto. We can now have actual Auto vs Auto comparisons and whatnot.

Where did you see the PP will come with Auto?
ron scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:47 PM   #22
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
Performance wise I believe it will close the gap, but somebody needs to get fired or an award for not getting canned. How is this car actually getting Uglier over time??

"Aftermarket looks with a factory price!"

Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:17 PM   #23
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Not really. They said the same thing about the '15 GT PP, we all know how that turned out lol...
Umm? How is that? Because from what I've seen, the 15-17 GT PP is faster than the 13/14 Boss.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:53 AM   #24
Mustang Fanboy
Account Suspended

Drives: Poop
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2017 View Post
Not gonna be good for the GT PP2 unfortunately. Unless they bring it to GT350 levels, which they won't and can't, it will still be well behind. The gap will close, yes, but it still won't be a contest.
You all do realize that the 2018 GT350 is going to get the same chassis improvements that the PP2 is getting don't you?

Expect the 2018 GT350 (both R and non) to be quicker than the previous model years, and the PP2 to be likely very close to what the V8 1LE is running. Hell, just the tires alone offer staggering improvements.
Mustang Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:01 AM   #25
SS2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Fanboy View Post
You all do realize that the 2018 GT350 is going to get the same chassis improvements that the PP2 is getting don't you?
Like what? The same? All the GT chassis improvements are trickle down from the GT350. I have yet to read anything official about the GT350 getting any actual chassis improvements...

The one thing I did read said it would be a full carryover from '17.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:07 AM   #26
SS2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
Umm? How is that? Because from what I've seen, the 15-17 GT PP is faster than the 13/14 Boss.
And what have you psychically seen? I do autocross and track events with both my cars, have been doing that a very long time, at all the events I go to the Boss' pretty much always seem to run better. Especially on tracks with longer straights as they are quicker there too. Even guys who went from a Boss to a GTPP have commented on the SCCA forums they went quicker more consistently in their Boss. Plus, if the old GTPP was faster than the Boss, why would Ford say the new one should beat it? Wouldn't that then have been common sense if the old one did too?
Old 01-18-2017, 06:10 AM   #27
SS2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron scubadiver View Post
Where did you see the PP will come with Auto?
I read that the PP is now available with manual, automatic and even as a convertible for those real track people.
Old 01-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #28
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post

"Aftermarket looks with a factory price!"

Nice ass.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote