Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-27-2017, 08:14 PM   #141
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbowtie26 View Post
Sounds like I need a new Job field lmao... glad your doing well enough that you can do that. Post up a pic of the new ride I'd like to see it !
Will do sir. I got it through my job and I work insurance so it's not all that one might think it is lol. It will be the way I want it in less than 3 weeks. I pretty much gave up on the Camaro for now. Got the 5.0 cheap as Hell. I'll upload the pics in a few
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 02:20 AM   #142
DevBlackSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Just finished reading the entire thread! What a nightmare this must be for you :(. I was totally expecting to click on page 10 and see you post dyno sheets and sounds clips lol. Im in the Houston area, and I use GForce Motorsports in Pearland. The guys and shop are top notch. If you ever decide to do another build or something, and want a change of luck, I would recommend them 5/5! Anyways, I hope that the camaro comes around! Really looking forward to see how it all pans out!

Last edited by DevBlackSS; 04-28-2017 at 02:21 AM. Reason: typos
DevBlackSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #143
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
I'm going to be completely honest. I have posted on here and deleted it multiple times. I think this whole thing is ridiculous. I know it's your money but your wasting your money with this guy, why? If you were an investor you would have pulled your investment and invested elsewhere. Take your car to a builder that knows the LT1 man! Again I know it's your car and your money but you're going to have nothing but problems with this car from here on out until you take it to a guy who knows the platform.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #144
KenB925

Drives: Raptor
Bump for update
KenB925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:28 PM   #145
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Hey guy's been out of commission for a while (personal situation). Anyway as an update I actually sold tje car and have been driving my 15 5.0. I am in the process of buying a new ctsv as a replacement for the ss. Only going to do headers, exhaust, pulley and tune. Never, ever, ever doing a major build again. Was a lot of stress and heartache. Thanks for all of those that followed my build.
Attached Images

mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:29 PM   #146
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Hey guy's been out of commission for a while (personal situation). Anyway as an update I actually sold tje car and have been driving my 15 5.0. I am in the process of buying a new ctsv as a replacement for the ss. Only going to do headers, exhaust, pulley and tune. Never, ever, ever doing a major build again. Was a lot of stress and heartache. Thanks for all of those that followed my build.
So sorry you had to fall back to a Mustang Coyote.
Old 07-01-2017, 06:28 AM   #147
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Drives: Camaro
I learned a long time a go to never for for anything upfront, i don't even want to do a deposit.

It's human nature to lose financial motivation, it's like a participation award, what's the incentive?

Sorry to hear your story
Goohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 03:54 PM   #148
DatBrotato

Drives: '18 SS 1LE M6
Sorry about bringing this thread back.
But just wanted to say I had a very similar experience as OP, with a different car.
I learned the hard way as well. Never again will I do a F/I build on a non-F/I factory car AND pay upfront. Cases like this are all too common. Shops don't finish builds, or they take far too long and you end up with a bill easily 2-3x what was anticipated.
(In my case it took about a year)

And of those that do get their builds finished it's a shot in the dark as to how many gremlins will pop up(No F/I build is ever flawless). Too many times i've seen ppl sell their new builds because of open ended problems.