Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 05-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Thumbs down Horrible experience from Carlyle Racing

March 30th: called carlyle racing and asked if they had the 15" wheel conversion kit in stock.... they said yes and they are getting a batch from the powdercoaters the next week. They asked if I wanted to place an order, but I told them I wanted to place it with a local shop (I like to keep my business local)

April 6th: order was placed with local dealer and paid in full

April 10th:order was forwarded to carlyle racing and paid in full (dealer checked to see if kit was in stock and was told that it was)

April 17th: I followed up with local dealer, in which he told me that he has not received any tracking infmoratio. From carlyle racing

April 26th: checked with local dealer and said carlyle racing is waiting on parts (wait... I thought they were in stock?)

May 3rd: ask local dealer if he's heard anything from carlyle and he tells me he hasn't heard anything

May 7th: I get tired of waiting for an "in stock" item. I inform my local dealer that i will be contacting carlyle racing directly. No point in putting a middle man there. I know it's not my local dealers fault. He gives me the invoice number and I contact carlyle racing. They say that they are just waiting on rotors, which will be in on the 9th. The kit will probably ship that day, if not by the end of the week.

May 14th: did not receive tracking information, so I called carlyle racing... they said they have the parts and they will ship out by the end of the week, if not wednesday.

May 17: called carlyle racing and asked if they shipped it out. I was told they are waiting on calipers and wont be able to ship it out until next week (wtf... we were just waiting on rotors before, and the last phone call they said they had everything, they just had to ship everything out?!?!). I am told that they only have red calipers in stock, not the black ones I ordered. I tell the. I will call them back in a few minutes. I then get a baby sitter for my kids and call carlyle racing right back, saying that I will just take the red ones. Justin (LSXWillys) then informs me that he will have everything packed up and shipped out today. I thank him and tell him not to bother shipping it out.... I'm coming out to pick it up in person (4 hour drive each way for me). He does a double take and confirms that I am coming to pick it up today.... I tell him yes, and that I will be there in a few hours. He then tells me that he will call me back in 15 minutes, because he needs to go check to see if they have all the items in stock. so after 45 minutes, I call back, and am informed that everything will be boxed up for me.

So driving out there was my own decision, and carlyle racing shouldn't be held accountable for that, but I simply did not trust them to send out my parts. I have been getting the run around for weeks for an "in stock" item. But what still doesn't make sense to me, is WHY DID I STILL HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING?!?!

so I have these ricer red calipers that I need to paint now... but I would paint them anyways because they say carlyle racing on them, and i want to cover that up. I used to be a huge fan of mark carlyle and have followed him for years. But after this experience, my atomic fusion hoodie is already in the trash.

/rant
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote