Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 01-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
Johnny45thSS

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
2k18 tuning support

Any tuning available for engine and trans.
Do I have to take the tcm and send it in to be unlocked?
Johnny45thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:35 PM   #2
parbreak

Drives: 2017 50th Camaro SS
The 2017 TCM had to be sent to HP Tuners to unlock. I would think it would be the same for 2018 or worse!!
50th Anniversary Edition |Borla Atak and 60606 mid pipes| Kooks 1 7/8" | ProCharger Stage II |305/45/17 DRs | Circle D 3500 stall | LT4 fueling | Custom made Lowside Aux Pump | Alky Control Meth | DSX E85
parbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:56 PM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny45thSS View Post
Any tuning available for engine and trans.
Do I have to take the tcm and send it in to be unlocked?
Yes I am tuning 18 cars and truck already, the TCM has to be pulled and sent off for TCM unlock modification.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #4
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes I am tuning 18 cars and truck already, the TCM has to be pulled and sent off for TCM unlock modification.
I assume that his is only for the SS and possibly the I4 Turbo. HP Tuners and EFI Live, both do not list the 2018 V6 on their supported vehicles. My dealer wasn't even able to do the GM ECU reflash, that comes with the GMPP Intake. After several days of phone calls between myself, my dealer, and GM's support line, I was told that even GM isn't capable of reflashing the 2018 V6 ECU, or at least hasn't released the software to allow the dealer to do it. Luckily, my dealer gave me a full refund on the intake, so I didn't have to hurt anyone.

For now, I'm in a holding pattern, until someone figures out how to play with the 2018 V6 ECU.
Joker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 07:30 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker75 View Post
I assume that his is only for the SS and possibly the I4 Turbo. HP Tuners and EFI Live, both do not list the 2018 V6 on their supported vehicles. My dealer wasn't even able to do the GM ECU reflash, that comes with the GMPP Intake. After several days of phone calls between myself, my dealer, and GM's support line, I was told that even GM isn't capable of reflashing the 2018 V6 ECU, or at least hasn't released the software to allow the dealer to do it. Luckily, my dealer gave me a full refund on the intake, so I didn't have to hurt anyone.

For now, I'm in a holding pattern, until someone figures out how to play with the 2018 V6 ECU.
Yes SS and I4
Old 05-21-2018, 07:57 AM   #6
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I'd imagine you could tune both the ecm and tcm in the V6 just as easy as the SS and I4. That GMPP Intake has really neen a mess with dealers not knowing anything but I'd hope you'd communicate with the dealer and make sure they know what it is and what they need to research before buying it.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:55 AM   #7
Joker75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I'd imagine you could tune both the ecm and tcm in the V6 just as easy as the SS and I4. That GMPP Intake has really neen a mess with dealers not knowing anything but I'd hope you'd communicate with the dealer and make sure they know what it is and what they need to research before buying it.
Unfortunately, no one appears to have cracked the 2018 V6 ECM, yet. I have the 1LE, so no TCM, because it's a manual.

Unless someone else knows something that isn't common knowledge, I don't know of any significant changes made to the 2018 model year, so the actual tune should be nearly identical. I can only assume that there is some type of encryption, that changes from year to year, and no one has figured it out on the V6. I just don't know why no one has cracked it, yet.

Unless GM, as well as the aftermarket tuners, don't have a monetary drive to change this, it's possible that no one ever will. If the have realized that the V6 market has been a loss, as far as aftermarket sales, there wouldn't be any reason to put out the expense to crack the ECM, and create software to tune it.

Hopefully, I'm wrong, but this far into the model year, you would expect someone to have figured this out, if they had any intentions to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #8
Boost or bust

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Yes SS and I4
Are you tuning ‘18 ZL1?
Boost or bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #9
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Unfortunately, no one appears to have cracked the 2018 V6 ECM, yet. I have the 1LE, so no TCM, because it's a manual.

Unless someone else knows something that isn't common knowledge, I don't know of any significant changes made to the 2018 model year, so the actual tune should be nearly identical. I can only assume that there is some type of encryption, that changes from year to year, and no one has figured it out on the V6. I just don't know why no one has cracked it, yet.

Unless GM, as well as the aftermarket tuners, don't have a monetary drive to change this, it's possible that no one ever will. If the have realized that the V6 market has been a loss, as far as aftermarket sales, there wouldn't be any reason to put out the expense to crack the ECM, and create software to tune it.

Hopefully, I'm wrong, but this far into the model year, you would expect someone to have figured this out, if they had any intentions to do it.

That's the issue the 5th Gen V6 had they used the bosch ecu with it's ungodly amount of tables and by the time they switched to the delphi 3 yrs. Later companies were done.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 05-21-2018, 02:44 PM   #10
Joker75

Quote:
That's the issue the 5th Gen V6 had they used the bosch ecu with it's ungodly amount of tables and by the time they switched to the delphi 3 yrs. Later companies were done.
I'm going to be very disappointed if I my humble modding ambitions get shut down before I've even started.

I guess there's always Plan B. I'll have to do some more research, but it looks at least possible to run a wet nitrous system, using a secondary fuel tank and system, with E85. Hopefully, that type of setup could be run without risking too much, not being able to alter the ECM. The other bonus to a wet nitrous system would be having fuel enter the intake system before the valves, so they could possibly have less build up on them.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #11
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
I'm going to be very disappointed if I my humble modding ambitions get shut down before I've even started.

I guess there's always Plan B. I'll have to do some more research, but it looks at least possible to run a wet nitrous system, using a secondary fuel tank and system, with E85. Hopefully, that type of setup could be run without risking too much, not being able to alter the ECM. The other bonus to a wet nitrous system would be having fuel enter the intake system before the valves, so they could possibly have less build up on them.

I don't think I'd run nitrous with these cars untuned or E85. Everything is so electronically controlled in the 6th gen that it's a large risk. E85 is an issue you can run it and tune for it but flexfuel isn't available yet for the I4 or V6 i know of 1 tuner using EFILive that has it working for the I4. I'd imagine they will get things figured out in regards to your apparent aspirations I'd reach out to a few guys who have big builds going on for the 6th gen V6 to get some tips and advice as well as etmx183 he has a sick nitrous 5th gen V6 and might be able to help with a few ideas.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:34 PM   #12
Joker75

Quote:
I don't think I'd run nitrous with these cars untuned or E85. Everything is so electronically controlled in the 6th gen that it's a large risk. E85 is an issue you can run it and tune for it but flexfuel isn't available yet for the I4 or V6 i know of 1 tuner using EFILive that has it working for the I4. I'd imagine they will get things figured out in regards to your apparent aspirations I'd reach out to a few guys who have big builds going on for the 6th gen V6 to get some tips and advice as well as etmx183 he has a sick nitrous 5th gen V6 and might be able to help with a few ideas.
I wasn't planning on running E85 through the main fuel system, only through a secondary system for the Nitrous kit. I know that the ECU doesn't have the capability of self adjusting for E85, or mixed fuels, so without the ability to tune the ECU, E85 would be a death sentence for my motor.

If I end up seriously looking at the option of Nitrous, I'll definitely be doing a lot more research and asking around before I pull the trigger.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #13
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost or bust View Post
Are you tuning ‘18 ZL1?
Yes sir several already.