Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-28-2021, 03:22 PM   #1
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
A little bit of sun, garage beverages & a Challenger

Some much needed sun, brought out the cars this weekend in the Midwest. We almost hit 50F and you’d think we were heading for 80.

A buddy recently traded his 50th Anniversary SS Camaro in for a 2021 Challenger R/T Scatpack. He’s working his way through owning all the modern “muscle cars” and he brought it over yesterday, and let me take it out for a spin.

Initial impressions are photos don’t do it justice. It is a very cool looking suv...I mean car. But it is big. I consider the Camaro to be big, but it dwarfed my ZL1.

It is nicely built and really solid. Some of the badging in vinyl was a little low rent, but overall very cool. The interior is roomy with a few more spots for incidentals (sunglasses, phone, etc.) and a wicked cool huge touchscreen that is angled nicely at the driver (as opposed to the cup holder). For all the complaining about the Camaro, the Challenger backseat was barely larger. Yes, rear visibility was better, but still a sports car.

I’m not going to get too deep into performance, as the two are not Apples to Apples, but for the size it has got some giddy up, for sure. The seats were really comfortable and the dash is easy to read. For him, this will be his DD year round and should do nicely 360 or so days a year in Chicago.

It was fun to talk cars and share a few frosty beverages (chilled nicely in the snow bank) but while the Challenger was fun to test drive, I’ll keep my Camaro!
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2021, 04:19 PM   #2
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Very cool. TA”s are nice.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:21 PM   #3
Callaway SC630

Drives: 2020 Callaway Camaro SC630
Driving a Challenger is like driving an apartment building.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:43 PM   #4
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Tell him to take his yellow scratch guards off his front splitter, those are intended only to protect the splitter during transport... Leaving them on will eventually damage the paint underneath...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:47 PM   #5
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Two nice looking rides.
Old 02-28-2021, 05:09 PM   #6
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Two nice looking rides.
I agree very nice. I will keep my Camaro but if I was adding a car I would definitely take this over a mustang.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 05:21 PM   #7
Scottyz
2019 ZL1 1LE MY GOON

Drives: 1980 Z28 Big Red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
Tell him to take his yellow scratch guards off his front splitter, those are intended only to protect the splitter during transport... Leaving them on will eventually damage the paint underneath...
Yes remove the guards. Great looking Challenger. Great times we live in for muscle cars. I’m sure it was a great day.
Scottyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 08:47 PM   #8
Big Lebowski

Drives: 022 C8 Z51 Red Mist HTC
Quote:
Lol, he knows... they’re coming off, but he wanted to leave them on until he gets used to the front splitter length.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:32 PM   #9
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Ya know you are a Midwesterner when you chill yer beer in the snowbank! Love those days!
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:22 PM   #10
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lebowski View Post
Some much needed sun, brought out the cars this weekend in the Midwest. We almost hit 50F and you’d think we were heading for 80.

A buddy recently traded his 50th Anniversary SS Camaro in for a 2021 Challenger R/T Scatpack. He’s working his way through owning all the modern “muscle cars” and he brought it over yesterday, and let me take it out for a spin.

Initial impressions are photos don’t do it justice. It is a very cool looking suv...I mean car. But it is big. I consider the Camaro to be big, but it dwarfed my ZL1.

It is nicely built and really solid. Some of the badging in vinyl was a little low rent, but overall very cool. The interior is roomy with a few more spots for incidentals (sunglasses, phone, etc.) and a wicked cool huge touchscreen that is angled nicely at the driver (as opposed to the cup holder). For all the complaining about the Camaro, the Challenger backseat was barely larger. Yes, rear visibility was better, but still a sports car.

I’m not going to get too deep into performance, as the two are not Apples to Apples, but for the size it has got some giddy up, for sure. The seats were really comfortable and the dash is easy to read. For him, this will be his DD year round and should do nicely 360 or so days a year in Chicago.

It was fun to talk cars and share a few frosty beverages (chilled nicely in the snow bank) but while the Challenger was fun to test drive, I’ll keep my Camaro!

I always hated the grill on the ZL1. The Challenger looks good. Nice and clean instead of a bungled mess.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:24 PM   #11
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Yeah..but it looks good.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:41 PM   #12
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
I always hated the grill on the ZL1. The Challenger looks good. Nice and clean instead of a bungled mess.
Dude...
Old 02-28-2021, 10:55 PM   #13
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Yeah..but it looks good.
I agree, but long term issues will develop...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:01 PM   #14
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupilbone View Post
Dude...
The SS grill on the Gen6 ver.1 looks better and cleaner.