#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #15
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro1973 View Post
I have the full borla ATAK catback with NPP on my 2019 ZL1 now and honestly i think its still too quiet. If i put it in stealth its very quiet, even in the cabin at WOT with windows closed all i hear is the whine from the SC.

With that said, I am getting 2" kooks with green catted connections on monday going into the cat back.

Does anyone have any idea how loud this is going to be if you close the valves? Is it going to be obnoxious? Most of the sound clips I see are from catless headers and i cant find much with the green cats as far as sound wise.

I picked up the Magnaflow 12469 3" dual muffler that would go in the straight spot in the X pipe before the rear axle just in case.

The shop i spoke to though said it would be def more quiet with the green cats then catless.

Anyone have their 2c on this as far as sound level?

Thanks!
It will be loud(er) with the Headers + Cats than with stock manifolds. But it will be much quieter than Cat-less Headers. If you think it's a bit quiet now, Green Cats + Headers will get you where you want to be. Expect it to get significantly louder at WOT but only minimally louder at cruise/partial throttle.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #16
SC88
Twin Turbo

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Karl View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have a 2018 Zl1 with ARH long tube headers catless with off-road X pipe paired with the Borla S-Type axle back (non-NPP).

I want to take it to the next level, sound-wise. It would be between Borla Atak (non-NPP) or the Corsa Extreme (Non-NPP).

What is a popular choice between these two axles back? To those who had the Borla Atak or Corsa Extreme paired to the same or similar setup as mine, what would you prefer?
Im local if you want to hear the Atak in person with Long Tubes
Old 09-18-2020, 10:14 PM   #17
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
It will be loud(er) with the Headers + Cats than with stock manifolds. But it will be much quieter than Cat-less Headers. If you think it's a bit quiet now, Green Cats + Headers will get you where you want to be. Expect it to get significantly louder at WOT but only minimally louder at cruise/partial throttle.

Thanks bud, good news. I ordered the magnaflow 12469 but most likely wont need it. Tonight i put my fuse back in for the NPP and was testing it in stealth driving around and yes its much quieter, i was hearing more road noise and the air intake then exhaust. (i had the fuse out for a year so i forgot what it sounded like) So yes your right, it should be good with the headers, green cats and the NPP borla ATAK.
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:29 PM   #18
19Nasty1le
Craig

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Is there any LH with cats that will fit up with the Corsa Extreme+ catback?