Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-17-2021, 02:42 PM   #225
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
As long as you ignore the children dying the DNC for your Cobalt, and the total footprint of mining the resources and production of the battery...totally socially conscious!

Hence why socially conscious is in quotes lol. Same as Nike, etc. "socially conscious"
Old 03-17-2021, 03:33 PM   #226
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Hence why socially conscious is in quotes lol. Same as Nike, etc. "socially conscious"
Lol, my bad
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 09:32 PM   #227
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
I guess one plus of getting EV's now is that they are loading them up with options and putting more effort into exterior and interior design/quality. Who would have thought super cruise would come to the Bolt? All the special EV's are coming out now, even though range isn't great yet, in the future we will get more mainstream/barebones options. They'll start cost cutting on the interiors, lol.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 05:47 PM   #228
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
All the special EV's are coming out now, even though range isn't great yet, in the future we will get more mainstream/barebones options. They'll start cost cutting on the interiors, lol.
thinking of gm cost cutting interiors is comparable to dodge cost cutting on paint.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:50 PM   #229
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
thinking of gm cost cutting interiors is comparable to dodge cost cutting on paint.
I actually think GM will do well with EVs and they seem prepared for that. The new Hummer has impressive interior quality on first impression. New Bolt looks solid too. I was thinking overall, I wonder if these interior color combinations and intriguing designs will last past the initial launch of EVs once EVs become the standard. Can't know for sure as more standard models are replaced with EV powertrains. As in, if Chevy made an Equinox EV , the EUV Bolt will be probably be the more premium option. Or will it? We will find out, lol. For now, the EVs being introduced are given more attention to detail to wow the consumers and give them incentive to buy into their first production EVs. Which is why Ford made the Mach E a mustang brand. They need their first EVs to be successful.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:36 PM   #230
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
I actually think GM will do well with EVs and they seem prepared for that. The new Hummer has impressive interior quality on first impression. New Bolt looks solid too. I was thinking overall, I wonder if these interior color combinations and intriguing designs will last past the initial launch of EVs once EVs become the standard. Can't know for sure as more standard models are replaced with EV powertrains. As in, if Chevy made an Equinox EV , the EUV Bolt will be probably be the more premium option. Or will it? We will find out, lol. For now, the EVs being introduced are given more attention to detail to wow the consumers and give them incentive to buy into their first production EVs. Which is why Ford made the Mach E a mustang brand. They need their first EVs to be successful.
theyre all too expensive to be successful. sensible people won't trade in their paid off or near paid off cars for an ev.

and people like me won't trade anything for an ev until there's no other option.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:12 AM   #231
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
How many Mach E owners will say "I drive a Mustang" and leave out the Mach E part?
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #232
RagingHawk

Looks like Ford is paying automotive Youtubers to advertise for the new 'Mustang' and prepare people for EV future:

Doesn't mean the coupe Mustang will disappear, it will become EV eventually, but can you imagine being a Mustang owner post 2023 when the 7th gen comes out? Supposedly there will be a sedan Mustang to complement the Mach E SUV and OG Mustang coupe. Take rate will be higher on the SUV and Sedan, might kill off the real Mustang all together, lol. At least GM isn't making the Camaro an SUV yet .
Old 04-01-2021, 03:10 PM   #233
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
How many Mach E owners will say "I drive a Mustang" and leave out the Mach E part?
Yeah, RIP to OG Mustang owners, soon they will be lectured by the sedan and suv Mustang owners over how theirs is a an even more real Mustang than the one that has been produced for decades.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:25 PM   #234
NW-99SS

The naming convention is an enthusiast nightmare - but corporate will love it as the soccer mom's brag about their Mustangs at the local quick charge stations.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 04-01-2021, 03:39 PM   #235
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
The naming convention is an enthusiast nightmare - but corporate will love it as the soccer mom's brag about their Mustangs at the local quick charge stations.
Kid you not, I've seen about a dozen of these already in the Detroit area, all but one of them was driven by a female. Cars are just status symbols to people these days and so less and less enthusiast options will be available. Even the Lamborghini SUV has become the top seller for Lamborghini. Lol, f you if you go to Lamborghini to buy an SUV, what the hell is appealing about a SUV over the Huracans?
Old 04-01-2021, 04:05 PM   #236
NW-99SS

Quote:
Kid you not, I've seen about a dozen of these already in the Detroit area, all but one of them was driven by a female. Cars are just status symbols to people these days and so less and less enthusiast options will be available. Even the Lamborghini SUV has become the top seller for Lamborghini. Lol, f you if you go to Lamborghini to buy an SUV, what the hell is appealing about a SUV over the Huracans?
1000% as expected. Selling out a nameplate and logo for profit.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
Old 04-01-2021, 04:54 PM   #237
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:

At least GM isn't making the Camaro an SUV yet .
Maybe in their infinite wisdom GM will create an electric 4-door El Camino and hang the Camaro name on.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:38 PM   #238

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
The Chevy Bolt EVs should become part of the Corvette brand as the E-Vette...Its a catchy name, as in the girl's name, so it should appeal to females who could now say they own and drive a Corvette.

It would be in the same spirit and EV promoting future as the Mustang Mach-E.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote