Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Murnaneaa
Murnaneaa

Drives: Red
Eagle Eye Hid Questions

I just got Eagle eye headlights today and installed them. The Halo's are pure white and the projector itself is a yellowish color such as a stock halogen bulb!... i want the pure white color for the Eagle eye projector headlight itself with a hi/lo beam could i put the light in the following link for the bulb. i want that pure white with a hi/lo beam and preferably a led bulb since i do not have goodluck with hid's and ballast,etc.

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/H11smd.aspx

If i cant use these and have them be REALLY bright what else could i use that is pretty much plug and play and will be pure white?

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks, Aaron
Murnaneaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:00 AM   #2
Dmerk

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro LT/RS
Congrats on the Camaro, and welcome to C5!

Eagle Eye headlights are definitely a cool upgrade. However, I wouldn't be putting those LED bulbs in the link as your mainbeam. On the website it says they're for DRL (Daytime Running Lights) or Fog lamps, and they will not be bright enough for regular use without a doubt. They will also not emit light from where they should and will not reflect properly in the reflector bowl of the projector.

I would highly highly recommend visiting theretrofitsource.com for some good, high quality HID bulbs and ballasts. Sure, their stuff is a little bit more expensive than your typical e-bay HID kit, but you definitely get what you pay for, it is well worth it to have zero troubles. I've had dozens of faulty DDM HID kits, and after switching to Morimoto ballasts and bulbs from The Retrofit Source (in my other car) I have had zero issues at all - ever. Very nice people to deal with as well, they'll go above and beyond to see you happy!

Good luck with your headlights, post some pics!!
Dmerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
ga0358

Drives: 2010 ABM LS
I got my kit from AAC Lighting..Lifetime warranty on ballast and bulbs. Pretty quick service too. Make sure you specify the bulb type-I think it's H11-here's the link:

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/2010camarohidkit.aspx

You might want to give them a call, their customer service is excellent and they'll walk you through exactly what you need. Mine are still beautiful after over a year!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Murnaneaa
Murnaneaa

i really appreciate it guys! DMERK, did your hid bulbs come with a hi/lo kit? On my last hid kit the lo beam was actually brighter than the hi beam is that the case one yours? and is there any way i could just simply get an led bulb to make it simple in this case?
Old 06-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
Dmerk

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro LT/RS
The Eagle Eye headlights use a solenoid in the projector to move a shield that blocks out light when in "lo" mode, and it moves down to let more light out in "hi" mode. It's quite clever, and is how the RS package headlights work too. So your high beams will definitely give more light output that the low beams. The "hi/lo" kits you talk about move the bulb using a magnet to adjust the lights focal point (to simulate a double filament bulb) - you do not need this for your Eagle Eyes. All you need is a plain and simple H11 kit, and you're good to go!! You'll wire up the ballasts to where the lowbeam power used to come from, and the highbeam solenoid from the Eagle Eyes to where the highbeam power comes from.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...oducts_id=3955

If you have questions you can always email the retrofit source or call them, and they are super helpful with anything. Extremely fast (and typically free) shipping as well.

The aftermarket LED bulbs on the market, as far as I know, come nowhere near bright enough in luminosity, or output clarity to be suitable or safe enough for any kind of night time driving. I think the technology is cool too, but you will definitely be disappointed with the output you'll get out of an LED.

Good luck!! Keep us posted....
Dmerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
Murnaneaa
Murnaneaa

thanks! i appreciate it.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
SemyDaCop
LocoBee in da RGV

Drives: '10 Custom RY 1LT, '14 BlK SS/RS
The "hi/lo" kits you talk about move the bulb using a magnet to adjust the lights focal point (to simulate a double filament bulb) - you do not need this for your Eagle Eyes. All you need is a plain and simple H11 kit, and you're good to go!!

" You'll wire up the ballasts to where the lowbeam power used to come from, and the highbeam solenoid from the Eagle Eyes to where the highbeam power comes from."

When you say this...is there wire splicing involved or is this plug and play?

2010 Camaro 1Lt Custom
2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Custom
SemyDaCop is offline   Reply With Quote