Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-29-2012, 11:18 PM   #15
LRod

Drives: 2SS/RS/A6 Victory Red
Beautiful.....beautiful car! I am speechless!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #16
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
The installation is top notch Tommy! Thanks for posting pictures!
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:11 PM   #17
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_ View Post
how much you spend total on customization?
I posted a general range of pricing a few posts above to refer to. To be honest, most shops actually quoted me more for the install than the than all the lighting products I purchased. Lol. That's one of the reason I had my friend do it, since there is no shop overhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Simply Gorgeous!!!!
Thank you very much!! Your Camaro is as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRod View Post
Beautiful.....beautiful car! I am speechless!
Thank you tons!! It's coming along and almost finished with the excretion of a few interior and exterior items.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #18
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
OP, the car looks amazing. Also, thank you for getting the gears turning in my head about doing something similar in the future
Thanks a bunch!! I really appreciate it. I'm happy it sparked some ideas. I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #19
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan@AACstyle.com View Post
The installation is top notch Tommy! Thanks for posting pictures!
Absolutely Jonathan! Thank you guys for everything. I was so anxious to get all these lights installed. The headlights really change the entire look of the front of my car. That's what I wanted!
Old 05-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #20
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Absolutely Jonathan! Thank you guys for everything. I was so anxious to get all these lights installed. The headlights really change the entire look of the front of my car. That's what I wanted!
Tommy my dear brotha from anotha motha , because of you I was inspired to get my underbody lighting done just ordered all the goodies trough Justin @ AAC so now I just wait patiently until parts come and ill also post pics on here if you dont mind of course
Old 05-30-2012, 04:45 PM   #21
TCAT

Awesome!! I'm glad this inspired you! LED's are the way to go man, and AAC has been amazing through the whole process. I can't wait to see pictures of your car! You will without a doubt love the products and also the installation from my friend if you decide to go with him. Jesse is the man.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:26 PM   #22
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
seriously man yours and leonardos car has influenced me so much to take moding to another level.

btw how did you have the led strand stick to the bottom under belly of the sides ? it looks taped ? my 3m tape aac has on the back has them falling off
Old 05-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #23
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
seriously man yours and leonardos car has influenced me so much to take moding to another level.

btw how did you have the led strand stick to the bottom under belly of the sides ? it looks taped ? my 3m tape aac has on the back has them falling off
Thanks man!

We secured each end of the LED strips with clear silicone (it is white in color but dries clear). We stuck most of the LED down using the supplied 3M backing on the LED's, but we did not stick each end down, as that's the time to use the silicone. Then, we used tape similar to clear packing tape on top of it the full length to keep it secured until the silicone dried (it takes longer than most people think). However, the clear packing tape works pretty well, and I may just keep it there until it starts to fall off. It can only add extra assurance it stays put .
Old 05-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #24
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
awesome idea. so when is that guy that installed all that coming to my place ? lol
Old 05-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
TCAT

Hahaha! You never know, for enough money he may fly out there to install yours.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #26
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
Awesome!! I'm glad this inspired you! LED's are the way to go man, and AAC has been amazing through the whole process. I can't wait to see pictures of your car! You will without a doubt love the products and also the installation from my friend if you decide to go with him. Jesse is the man.
I see some ColorShift Fogs in your near future, no?
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:06 PM   #27
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfarley View Post
I see some ColorShift Fogs in your near future, no?
The car is getting a completely different front end refresh in the next couple weeks, and I will no longer have fog lights like the original one's. I can't use the fog halos. However, the new bumper will look like nothing I've seen, and it will incorporate a carbon fiber and summit white paint theme that will be unique. Now, my grille LED's will show through the new fog light housings in the new bumper. The LED's that come with the new bumper are long and rectangular and run vertical, so those should contrast nicely.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:27 PM   #28
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post

VERY FLATTERING WORDS thank you bro , as far as the 3m tape supplied with all of AAC LED's I must say is the weak point of their products, their LED's are TOP NOTCH thats for sure no doubt about that, but the tape they use is cheap, what I do with all my AAC products is I remove the tape it comes with and add 5-7lb double sided tape now THAT will for sure not come off, trust me