Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-25-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
JasonGofast
Used to own a ZL1

Drives: '16 Z06
Rattling noise, supercharger?

Hello for the past 900 miles or so I've had a rattling noise coming from the engine bay. On a cold start it is pretty noticeable, but it starts to quiet down some over time. With this sound I've noticed when getting on the throttle I hear kind of a loose belt sound.

The biggest thing is it seems the supercharger whine is less audible as well. Before, giving a little throttle at low speed/rpm I could hear the whine. Now I have to listen carefully. At WOT the whine is very hard to hear.

The car still seems to pull like normal and the psi is right where it should be at WOT. A10 with 2300 miles on it.

Anyone have a similar issue/any idea what it could be?

Video of warm start. https://youtu.be/p66OWLX9n2o

Last edited by JasonGofast; 06-25-2020 at 08:08 PM.
JasonGofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:58 PM   #2
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Jason, you need to get it checked out since the car is still under warranty. It might be a bad bearing in the supercharger or a pulley going bad.
Old 06-25-2020, 08:07 PM   #3
JasonGofast
Used to own a ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Jason, you need to get it checked out since the car is still under warranty. It might be a bad bearing in the supercharger or a pulley going bad.
I will be doing that this Saturday. I've seen no change in the car's performance so I didn't worry about it(I know bad idea), and when I got the oil change the tech didn't seem overly concerned with it so I just left.

Was just wondering if I was being too paranoid.
Old 06-26-2020, 06:43 AM   #4
LT4Greg

That was the cooling fans kicking in. IMHO you don’t have an issue as mine does the same. Now if they keep staying on then you need to get it checked.
Old 06-29-2020, 01:09 PM   #5
JasonGofast
Used to own a ZL1

Well I went to the dealer and they told me it was just normal engine sounds, like the fuel injector and all that other good stuff. Guess I'm overthinking it (my first sports car and supercharged at that, guess I'm a bit paranoid).

I will say though when getting on the throttle (15-25%ish), at low RPMS I hear a bit of a spooling sound that almost sounds like a slightly loose belt or something (before the deep exhaust growl kicks in). The car has a lot of warranty left so I won't worry about it as long as the car still runs great.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:31 AM   #6
LT4Greg

That sound is the supercharger! From your video your ZL1 makes sounds like mine does. Drive on and enjoy that 650 hp beast you have!��