Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-14-2021, 10:43 PM   #15
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Think Mustang Mach-E. Now think refreshed, rebadged 2026 Blazer as the Camaro SS-E. It's more likely than you think, based on GM management's current goals and aspirations.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:33 AM   #16
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1Zob View Post
Think Mustang Mach-E. Now think refreshed, rebadged 2026 Blazer as the Camaro SS-E. It's more likely than you think, based on GM management's current goals and aspirations.

They need to get some new blood in there. Hire someone from this forum! I'd bring back the Chevelle SS right off the bat. I'd have a muscle car line of the Corvette, Camaro, Chevelle and bring back the Buick GS 400 along with the Grand National!

Why are car makers more obsessed with these weenie cars? I want some muscle. They all focus on SUVs and trucks and big sedans now and just keep one performance car in their line.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:36 AM   #17
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Why are car makers more obsessed with these weenie cars? I want some muscle. They all focus on SUVs and trucks and big sedans now and just keep one performance car in their line.
Chevy and Ford aren't even doing the big sedan thing any more. Intermediate at best.

They've got it on their brains that just because many people do want SUVs and other tall vehicles that we're all supposed to want those things. Whether we realize that or not (their viewpoint, anyway).

Norm
Old 06-15-2021, 01:05 PM   #18
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
The Camaro SS and LT1 is a great 1/4 mile car. better than the Challenger, slightly faster.

I mean, there is a Mustang for everone's price point though. base model 5.0 which is very popular now and you also got loaded premiums and performance packages that go for over 50k. Camaro just LT1 which seems hard to find at many dealers.
Faster than the 6 cylinder challenger? You might want to get to the track more often. Dodge is building horsepower and a dragstrip capable drive train. Unfortunately gm doesn't want to play in this faction of racing. The heavy Dodge rules the drag strip.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:40 PM   #19
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Faster than the 6 cylinder challenger? You might want to get to the track more often. Dodge is building horsepower and a dragstrip capable drive train. Unfortunately gm doesn't want to play in this faction of racing. The heavy Dodge rules the drag strip.
Sorry, but he was right. The SS is faster than the Charger / Challenger Scat Pack cars. I've raced many at the track in my stock '17 SS manual. There are also a lot of magazine road tests on both cars with the SS (with either transmission) edging out the Dodge cars.

There is one exception though: Dodge did offer a Scat Pack "1320" option with auto trans and drag radials as stock equipment. A Scat Pack with that option was the only unmodified Charger/Challenger NA V8 that beat me at the 1/4 track.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:18 PM   #20
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
They need to get some new blood in there. Hire someone from this forum! I'd bring back the Chevelle SS right off the bat. I'd have a muscle car line of the Corvette, Camaro, Chevelle and bring back the Buick GS 400 along with the Grand National!

the sad thing is you would probably fit in with management better at dodge.GM doesnt seem to want to invest in any type of musclecars in the future.rather than bring back the chevelle i would bring back an el camino with V6 andV8 engine options.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:17 PM   #21
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Gm is mismanaged.

I know the viz is an issue with the Camaro, I get that, BUT the price is an issue too. The 2SS in many cases cost more than a premium Mustang GT, especially the rag tops. The base model Mustang GT is also a lot cheaper AND dealers carry the base model GTs.

Then you got the Camaro. The equiv is the 2SS which stickers for about 46k on up to past 55k if it's a ragtop. Very few dealers carry the LT1 Camaro, especially the ones priced for about 35k.

So you have the Mustang which most dealers stock better in addition to similar performance numbers and THOUSANDS cheaper, better viz the masses will go for the cheaper.

Then on top of this GM has sh*** incentives and rebates. Even before the shortage, last year when sales were still DEAD over the summer, GM had hardly any incentives for the Camaro. The only one I saw at the time I was looking was $1000 customer cash on 2020 left over models. That's it! At the same time Ford had much better rebates and financing incentives than Chevy.

Dodge also offers VERY good incentives usually too.

So when you think of the masses, (not the small percentage of forum users who love the Camaro) they're going to go for the better deal and price.

This is a big problem. Camaro hasn't sold for awhile. Yet GM takes no action to increase the sales. usually you do something to offer a better deal if you're product isn't selling.

IMO I don't think GM really cares about the Camaro much. That is why hardly any refresh or incentives for the consumer.

Dodge will also get you into the car no matter what. 36% interest rate on that hellcat? We can get you in it today.
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 04:42 PM   #22
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Sorry, but he was right. The SS is faster than the Charger / Challenger Scat Pack cars. I've raced many at the track in my stock '17 SS manual. There are also a lot of magazine road tests on both cars with the SS (with either transmission) edging out the Dodge cars.

There is one exception though: Dodge did offer a Scat Pack "1320" option with auto trans and drag radials as stock equipment. A Scat Pack with that option was the only unmodified Charger/Challenger NA V8 that beat me at the 1/4 track.

overall both cars are fairly close and one can argue it's a drivers race. Kinda like choosing between Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers. Both put up similar stats. Overall the Camaro edges out the Challenger though. Plus, a lot less drive the Camaro too!
Old 06-15-2021, 04:45 PM   #23
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Chevy and Ford aren't even doing the big sedan thing any more. Intermediate at best.

They've got it on their brains that just because many people do want SUVs and other tall vehicles that we're all supposed to want those things. Whether we realize that or not (their viewpoint, anyway).

Norm

Here in Southwest Florida the dealers except for Sam Galloway Ford don't like carrying muscle cars. Most Chevy dealers will carry a couple Camaros. The two small Ford dealers in my county only carry 1 or 2 Mustangs max. The Stealership Chevy by me only carries a couple Camaros at a time if lucky. Maybe an SS otherwise it's the RS.

They do love carrying the bigger cars though. Here in SWFL it's an older population and they like the big cars such as SUVs. Tampa and Orlando have a lot more mustangs and Camaros on the lots.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:46 PM   #24
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
the sad thing is you would probably fit in with management better at dodge.GM doesnt seem to want to invest in any type of musclecars in the future.rather than bring back the chevelle i would bring back an el camino with V6 andV8 engine options.

Probably explains why they didn't even put a manual in the current C8. WTF is that all about.

GM has had issues for years now and the way it's ran.
Old 06-15-2021, 04:59 PM   #25
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
You've all come up with great ideas.....................to bankrupt GM again.

There is not a customer base large enough to support one of the old muscle cars let alone that many.

And you'd just cannibalize even more Camaro sales by offering more performance coupes.

GM has exited the sedan business because at the lower volumes there is no money to be made.

You think the only reason GM is making SUVs is because it's what they want? LOL, it's because it's what sells.

We on this website that come here to talk cars aren't the market. Coupes sell, all in, about 250,000 units (if that) in a 17 million unit market. 1.5%.

Lovely passionate thoughts, but there is a reason they aren't made.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:45 PM   #26
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i currently own two coupes...have done my bit to save the breed.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:50 PM   #27
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

There is not a customer base large enough to support one of the old muscle cars let alone that many.

And you'd just cannibalize even more Camaro sales by offering more performance coupes.

GM has exited the sedan business because at the lower volumes there is no money to be made.

You think the only reason GM is making SUVs is because it's what they want? LOL, it's because it's what sells.

We on this website that come here to talk cars aren't the market. Coupes sell, all in, about 250,000 units (if that) in a 17 million unit market. 1.5%.

Why do you think muscle cars wouldn't sell today like they did in 1968?
Old 06-15-2021, 06:57 PM   #28
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Lol, and in to derail those lovely thoughts like grandma getting loaded at your two year olds birthday party. One lead balloon goes thud…