Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-29-2017, 12:56 PM   #29
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBam2SS View Post
While that does suck, If they're willing to fix it then that's not so bad of a deal... You can throw a fit about the longer wait and maybe get a rental car for the time being or they'll toss something small in like black bowties... But that is really at the mercy of how nice they are.

Because most likely, If you don't buy it... They'll fix it and sell it to someone who was completely unaware and never will find out and they'll make their money.

I work at a car manufacturing plant, and have had to send cars for repaint on some panels (still in factory, but not part of the production line)... I am sure many 6th gens had to get panels repainted for defects or scratches caused in manufacturing.

My brand new 2SS had to be repainted because the clear coat had white bubbles in it... They painted both rear quarter panels, all the way to the roof and the trunk lid, So about half the car... And the paint is 97% perfect, There's 2 spots where I can see some dust got on it but its super minor and no one has been able to point it out but me (probably because i'm trained and paid to spot defects). I have a few dozen rock chips on the rocker panel/side skirt literally just below where they repainted... The repainted areas only has 2 chips and they seem to have been caused by giant rocks where the lower part that wasn't painted got beat up (1900 miles), Because the body shop put on the paint and clear coat thicker than factory... So if you weren't going to clear bra it, They kind of did you a favor as the new paint will be laid on thicker.
Wow, just no. If my brand new car came like this i would not accept it. They didnt do you any favours by scratching up a brand new car.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:58 PM   #30
Dub9

Drives: F1fty SS
Didn't you want a hyper blue but they didn't have that color? Now this on the red? I suggest you walk away now as it is apparent that you would not be happy.
Dub9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:03 PM   #31
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Just have them fix it and re-present it to you once again then decide if it looks like something you want to put your money on or walk away from. Done deal. No reason to even go on about it as GM still owns the car regardless right now. Understand it is frustrating but many on these forums went through way more hell then in this thread and already made the commitment before seeing any problems even. So consider yourself lucky you didn't find out later and had to play the blame game...
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:22 PM   #32
mekirk2

Drives: 2016 2SS Ragtop Garnet Red
Gotta keep in mind this is overseas. It might not be as easy as throwing a new bumper on it - could take weeks to get a bumper if they dont air freight it over there. No telling how long the poor guy waited to get it delivered. I guess he is due to blow off a little steam.

That being said - even with a repaired bumper, you'll have one of the only SS's around. Take a little time to cool off before you cancel the deal. Cooler heads make better decisions.
mekirk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #33
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Give the dealer a chance to make this right.....................

You don't want to wait for another car..................

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #34
DD goat

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
Dealer won't replace the bumper for this little scratch. Have them fix it. Look at it. If it looks good...take it. If not...order / get another one or move on. Kinda sounds like your making an excuse to get out of the car!
DD goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:36 PM   #35
Meteorma

Drives: Camaro ss
jesus christ on a motor bike , I paid 32k for my car(ss) it was a deal demo and had a few rock chips , my dealer sent the car out to the body shop I wanted and they pained half the car and put new stripes on , I now have a lifetime paint warranty .
Meteorma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #36
Homer2

Drives: 50th Anni.. coming home 11/01
While I understand the OP is upset - the idea of a lawsuit is ridiculous.

Fix it, get a deal -and never ever carry a paint thickness gauge with you because we all know how people check cars out with them all the time. SMH
Built Sept 16/2016 - #2681 of 5955. She came home with me 11/01/16. 50th Anni, 2SS, A8, NPP, NGM Rock Guards, Footwell Lighting, Black Bow Ties, Street Warrior Rotors and Pads, Ceramic Pro, 3M PPF, Oracle Ghosted Side Markers, Kooks 2" headers w/hi flow cats. GPI Stage 1 Cam installed at 305,000 kms.
Homer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:36 PM   #37
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
OMG! it's just a little scratch from shipping overseas, really? Just let them paint the darn thing and enjoy the car. Heck, they could've just done that without even telling you and you would've never known. Lawsuit? Seriously?

There are people that earn their entire livelihood touching up PDI cars at dealerships. This stuff happens a lot.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:25 AM   #38
OMEN

Drives: Camaro SS
i'll tnx all for replys
i make up my mind, YES I WANT HYPER BLUE FIRST but they will not offer it here anyway i love the red hot

they will fix it, then i go and check it again and then i will make my final decision.
however, they will cut the price again over $1000 and more free service and more free fuel if we have a deal
Middle East, Oman
1LE front splitter, ZL1 Corsa Xtreme quad tips, x pipe, ZL1 Rear Diffuser, 1/LE Rear Emblems
CoCo 4 Life
OMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:13 AM   #39
MikeR

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible European Vers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEN View Post
i'll tnx all for replys
i make up my mind, YES I WANT HYPER BLUE FIRST but they will not offer it here anyway i love the red hot

they will fix it, then i go and check it again and then i will make my final decision.
however, they will cut the price again over $1000 and more free service and more free fuel if we have a deal

Sounds good to me
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:46 AM   #40
brihorse
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 68 C10 Stepside,87 Grand Natl
Front bumper is actually painted by a supplier. Only the metal parts are painted at the factory. Front and rear bumpers come to the factory already painted and assembled.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:25 AM   #41
BamBam2SS

Drives: 2017 2SS/M6 W/MRC & NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
Wow, just no. If my brand new car came like this i would not accept it. They didnt do you any favours by scratching up a brand new car.
With the paint being thicker, It's harder to get chipped... The factory paint is thin, On my 2SS the rocker panel/side skirts have dozens of chips where the rear quarter panels themselves which was repainted has only 2 from I'm assuming much bigger rocks.

As I said before, There's a really good chance that cars were repainted off line at the factory... We have EOL paint booths (End Of Line) for this exact reason and the paint booths are no different or better than any good body shops.
BamBam2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:26 PM   #42
neenja_jenkins

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMEN View Post
im so frustrated
they scratch my new car , i suppose get it today
but instead the call was for the scratches
im really disappointed it was the last color, now i need to wait 6 months if i order another one
i guess i wont, no more 6 gen for me
i guess im canceling my purchase, i only booked it, and the cash still not payed
im really sad

some pic
Omen, I feel your pain.
I just ordered a new ZL1, and it's been a frustrating experience so far. See my thread here in the ZL1 section.

I understand some of the responses here, but I'm definitely feeling the OP's pain. It's frustrating, and in no way should I have to pay 70k for a damaged then repaired car. I mean honestly, how badly can you **** up "reverse car off of truck and drive it 50ft and park it"?

I'm still conflicted. Not really sure how to handle it.
neenja_jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote