Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

Phastek Performance

Old 02-08-2016, 10:33 PM   #15
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
So far Chase in Stockton has been most helpful, talked to a guy at Tracy on the phone and told him to please call me when a certain one arrived at the dealership. From checking the site it no longer showed in transit Saturday, no call. Emailed for an update this evening and they said it was delivered over the weekend.

Blows my mind, losing a potential sale right there.

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:44 PM   #16
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Drives: Not a VVette…yet
Avoid John L. Sullivan at the Roseville AutoMall. But I'm sure most people who are familiar with the area know that anyway.

I know someone who got a Black 2SS manual from them...over $52K OTD.

I actually went there myself just to look at the 16's, and stayed for a while. Got to test drive 2. They wouldn't go any lower than $51K for me for a 2SS manual. When I called up 2 others dealers the next day, I found out that I qualify for at least 2 discounts that John L. Sullivan never even told me about.

I also got to say that the salesman I was working with was very pleasant and helpful, but the main manager there was a jack@$$. He made it very easy to get up and leave after he started insulting me. No joke.
BowtieV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 12:25 AM   #17
G-10

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieV8 View Post
Avoid John L. Sullivan at the Roseville AutoMall. But I'm sure most people who are familiar with the area know that anyway.

I know someone who got a Black 2SS manual from them...over $52K OTD.

I actually went there myself just to look at the 16's, and stayed for a while. Got to test drive 2. They wouldn't go any lower than $51K for me for a 2SS manual. When I called up 2 others dealers the next day, I found out that I qualify for at least 2 discounts that John L. Sullivan never even told me about.

I also got to say that the salesman I was working with was very pleasant and helpful, but the main manager there was a jack@$$. He made it very easy to get up and leave after he started insulting me. No joke.
I got invoice in Sonoma and a fair deal on my trade: Sonoma Chevrolet
Old 02-11-2016, 01:15 AM   #18
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-10 View Post
I got invoice in Sonoma and a fair deal on my trade: Sonoma Chevrolet
Nice! Gonna check them out for sure, thanks!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:37 PM   #19
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Winner Chevrolet in Colfax just sold me a 2SS (see sig for details on build) for just over dealer invoice $43,500 before fees.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:14 PM   #20
bbbig

Drives: 2013 BMW 335i Convertible SpaceGray
Just ordered a 2SS fully loaded for dealer invoice + DFC + $500, plus no dealer fees, etc. at Momentum Chevy in Santa Clara. Not a "great deal" per se, but I'm so far happy with the guy I'm working with; he was able to swap out a dealer order with mine, basically getting my car in about 6 wks from the order date (arriving next few days!).
bbbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:39 PM   #21
Red Leader

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Red Hot
Picked up my 1SS from Novato Chevrolet on Friday, I ordered through one of their salesman Jon Elvina. He was good, not overly trying to push anything on me, admitted that I knew more about the car than him, but was helpful throughout the process. Got it for 1100 under msrp, maybe could have pushed for more, but my monthly payment was in the range I wanted so I was happy. They only had another hyper blue LT on the lot so they are a small volume dealer, but they are good people. Give em a shout and see what they can do for you.
Black Bow Ties
Black Metallic Rally Stripes
Black Wheels With Red Outline

TPW 12/14/15
1G1FE1R72G0133041 - 12/16 built
2/19/16 - It's mine!!

Previous rides:
2011 Camaro LS
2010 Camaro SS
1988 Honda Civic Hatch B18C1 swap
Red Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 02:23 AM   #22
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Thank you to everyone who has been posting here. It's really a big help!
Old 03-02-2016, 03:24 PM   #23
viper510

Drives: black 2016 2lt :)
WHat is the dealer name?
viper510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:06 AM   #24
Jeanius

Just FYI, I had a deal for $250 under invoice from Tracy Chevrolet, but they failed to call me back for over 1 week. So I ordered from Becky instead.

If I couldnt get them to call me back to take my money and make a sale, I could only imagine the experience would be like ordering from them...

Old 03-04-2016, 03:59 AM   #25
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Just FYI, I had a deal for $250 under invoice from Tracy Chevrolet, but they failed to call me back for over 1 week. So I ordered from Becky instead.

If I couldnt get them to call me back to take my money and make a sale, I could only imagine the experience would be like ordering from them...
So it's not just me then. I also talked to someone from Tracy Chevrolet on the phone, and then never heard back from the salesperson. I forget the name, but the person I was talking to was female. Not sure if you had the same salesperson, or if they're all just like that over there.

I have thought about ordering from Becky as well. May I ask how much you ended up having to pay for shipping, or was that free? And overall, do you feel you got a "meh" deal, good deal, great deal, or totally fantastic/unbeatable deal?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:44 PM   #26
5150 Maro

Drives: 2018 ZL1
So what did you order from Becky? Must be exciting

2012 2SS/RS 45th Anniversary Edition 2012 to present
2010 2SS/RS Summit White 2009 to 2012
1998 RS V-6 Silver with T-tops. 1998 to 2000
1993 Z28 Red Wrecked (twice) 2014 to 2016
1988 RS Blk lowered custom rims 1988 to 2000 Stolen
1976 LT Ruby Red 1976 to 1988 (He's dead Jim)
5150 Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:39 PM   #27
Jeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieV8 View Post
So it's not just me then. I also talked to someone from Tracy Chevrolet on the phone, and then never heard back from the salesperson. I forget the name, but the person I was talking to was female. Not sure if you had the same salesperson, or if they're all just like that over there.

I have thought about ordering from Becky as well. May I ask how much you ended up having to pay for shipping, or was that free? And overall, do you feel you got a "meh" deal, good deal, great deal, or totally fantastic/unbeatable deal?
I dealt with 2 different salesman at Tracy and had the same issue

I feel i got a great deal from Becky, and shes on it, you can trust things are as she says and everything is on order. Ordered 2/24 and am at 3000 status

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150 Maro View Post
So what did you order from Becky? Must be exciting
2SS 6Sp, Summit White, Black Interior, Bright Split Spoke with MRC/NPP

Old 03-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #28
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Hey y'all,

I know most people won't believe me on this. But I was able to negotiate a price of a 2SS down to $41,113.95 before fees, and an OTD price of $44,768. But...I'm not gonna get it yet. Here's what I did:

There is a thread in the ordering section called "tips to get a good deal" or something like that. I'm too lazy to link it on my phone here. Anyway, read that thread, along with another one by the same poster called "dealer accepted my offer" or something like that. That poster is a saint and has a lot of amazing info on there.

After I followed most of the steps outlined in there (I used an email address with a fake name I made up), I went onto a dealership and started looking at the ones they had. Someone came up and started the usual salesman talk. I told him I was JUST there to look since I already had a great price on one from another dealership and was set to go pick it up in 2 days. I outlined all the incentives and discounts the dealership was giving me so he knew I was serious. Then he asked, "What if I could get you an even better deal?" I paused, acted like I was thinking about it seriously (that's actually really important to do, don't go in acting like you've already planned and prepared yourself for this or they won't work with you if they realize you know what you're doing). I told him I really loved the deal I was getting, and I wouldn't risk losing it unless I had a valid guarantee that they WOULD give me a better price. We talked for a bit (DON'T GO INTO THE DEALERSHIP, just say you'll wait outside if he needs to check something) and he eventually offered me a printout that showed he would get me $1000 less. I told him I was going to keep the paper, was going to DESTORY them on social media if they did not honor it, and told them to get the car to their lot and I would be back. Make sure you say you forgot your wallet at home, along with your checkbook.

Boom. Game on.

I started calling a few dealerships on the phone and asked to be transferred to the first available salesman, whoever they have at that time. I would tell them who I am, what price I got and where, what the breakdown was, and that I was set to pick it up tonight. However, I would go with them on the off chance they could beat it. Once you call a dealership, do not call them back at this point. If they realize what you are doing at this point, they won't work with you. Call bigger dealerships towards the end, since they can usually afford to go lower.

Only 1 dealership offered to beat it by $500. So I was all set to go with them. The car in question is:

2SS
Garnet Red
Black interior
Manual
NPP
MRC
Cargo net

But again, I am not going to go for it. With the order guide to the 2017's coming out so soon, I would hate myself for not going with that when I'm this close. Also, I think I want to try all this again during the Memorial Day weekend sale.

I did message Becky and asked her what she could get me if I were to order through her. I was very honest about what I was getting, and that I was willing to wait if I could get something better through her. After reading so much about her on here, I just feel I can really trust her, and had no intention of trying to include her in the game I was playing with all the other dealers here. But she only replied that we should keep in touch, and...that's all I've heard from her. Maybe she hates me cuz I type a lot?

Once I do get the car, I'll post up which dealerships and salesman I dealt with, and what seemed to work best. But it'll be a few more months.