Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-13-2015, 11:42 AM   #1
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
How do you think the fest could be improved?

Without going on a huge rant, how do you think the fest could be improved?

I think there should be a little more time between elimination rounds during the bracket races, not everyone can hot lap their car. and possibly the addition on a burnout contest somewhere at the track, to lower the possibility of one breaking out at the Host hotel.

Anyone else?

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:48 AM   #2
p3jason
Allergic to stupid.

Drives: 2015 ZL1 #957 M6 AGM & 1990 Z24
Send a message via Yahoo to p3jason
There was confusion among everybody about where the trailer parking was Friday morning. I had to move twice. I expected more vendor booths too, but that has been mentioned plenty. Other than that I just had a ball running the strip and Camarocross. That's what these things are built for.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #3
Heaven_is_inferno_orange
Savage Setsuna

Drives: 16' 2SS, 12 ZL1, RIP Sasuke
Send a message via MSN to Heaven_is_inferno_orange Send a message via Yahoo to Heaven_is_inferno_orange
More vendors.
Heaven_is_inferno_orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
An extra day ;o)

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:56 AM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
I havent been to a Fest but i follow them religously on here. One thing i have noticed is every year there's some issues with racing brackets and announcements and thats a huge undertaking to begin with. Perhaps if we had more C5 Member volunteers to help with getting information around it would relieve some of the confusion. A Burn Out pit would be cool and i agree with andrew that it would discourage the parking lot/street burn outs.

More security for the night gathering would be a good idea i think. I'm not talking detail police but one or two of those would be nice but members taking time out of the festivities to help police the lot some. I know awhile ago i was at an event where volunteers blocked the entrance with chairs and wore security vests and we had a single officer on detail for a parking lot the size of a wal-mart supercenter and it went well. Host hotel would have to approve of this and we'd have to let people from the hotel in and out of course but i really don't see an issue with this idea given what transpired this year with the rustang hooligans i think the host hotels would be fine with this.

mlee needs to bring more kegs to the night gathering aswell that's a huge issue every year he never brings enough kegs what's with that guy!

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 11:58 AM   #6
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I think it has been mentioned a few times, but communication is key at large events. Parking was an issue on Sat, hearing the announcements at the track was an issue (not C5 issue), track prep the first day was an issue.

For me, I would have liked to of had some "test and tune" runs between the bracket racing on Sat. Test and Tune was supposed to go till 12 on Sat, but was stopped at 10am. My wife wanted to run the car on Sat but did not get to, as she did not care to 'race' in the brackets. Unfortunately she paid to be a driver, knowing Sat would be her day to run, and did not get to due to the car being blocked in per parking issues, and cutting the test/tune off at 10am. She felt like she wasted $100.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #7
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I think it has been mentioned a few times, but communication is key at large events. Parking was an issue on Sat, hearing the announcements at the track was an issue (not C5 issue), track prep the first day was an issue.

For me, I would have liked to of had some "test and tune" runs between the bracket racing on Sat. Test and Tune was supposed to go till 12 on Sat, but was stopped at 10am. My wife wanted to run the car on Sat but did not get to, as she did not care to 'race' in the brackets. Unfortunately she paid to be a driver, knowing Sat would be her day to run, and did not get to due to the car being blocked in per parking issues, and cutting the test/tune off at 10am. She felt like she wasted $100.
This mainly, I would've loved to go down the strip a couple more times but once 10am hit it was mainly qualifying and elimination. There were a couple time trials but those only lasted 5 minutes then it was back to brackets. If they would've given maybe 30-45 minutes between the sessions it may have worked out a little better.

Again parking was a huge issue on Saturday between racing and the car show, if they put the car show in the grassy area which there was plenty it would of made the organizing a lot smoother, the vendor booths were fine where they were. Other than that everything went off without a problem. Oh forgot to mention the meet n greet convention area, MORE CHAIRS lol and maybe a separate area for registration cause as soon as that opened it got congested real quick.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Move it more to the left or right of the country more often. 4 years is a long time.
Old 08-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #9
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Not to sound too picky (I know it is all volunteer), but I agree that the car show area should have been elsewhere. When I got there around 9:00 on Saturday morning, I parked and walked over to the car show area. It was so congested and chaotic, that I skipped entering my car. There was yellow caution tape up and cars parked in no particular configuration; I honestly wasn't sure how I would have even gotten my car into that area if I did enter. The registration table was overwhelmed.
I also got back to the Holiday Inn around 6:30 on Saturday evening and any open spots at the hotel that were near the other Camaros had cones, chairs, coolers, etc. blocking them. I am referring to the side lot near the golf course. My room was on that side so that was the only place I would park. I wanted to be able to check on my baby from the room.
I understand people want to keep the best spots but it was frustrating watching those spots stay vacant for hours. And I hated the non Camaros taking up great spots, but I understand we weren't the only folks staying at the hotel.
Next time I will bring cones too so that should solve that problem.
But again, kudos to everyone involved. I still had a blast both days!

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I'd do away with bracket racing all together and just make it purely test and tune. Let the mods enjoy more of the days.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #11
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'd do away with bracket racing all together and just make it purely test and tune. Let the mods enjoy more of the days.
Old 08-13-2015, 02:42 PM   #12
Andrew4180
Bigfoot

Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
The bracket race they run on Friday, anyone can race, its a dial your own, handicapped start. it ran great. The heads up classes Saturday seemed to have issues.

383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:01 PM   #13
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
The bracket race they run on Friday, anyone can race, its a dial your own, handicapped start. it ran great. The heads up classes Saturday seemed to have issues.
Whatever keeps the track open and moving I'd say would be better.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:19 PM   #14
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
The Heads Up Racing was a little confusing, because you couldn't hear when it was time to race.

The other thing, which I know its hard because there are so few of us V6's. But its tough when you have folks that have to run against V6's that are running in the 12's (which is badazz our cars can go that fast) vs either stock or bolt-on V6's. I personally was running 14.7s and 14.8s on Friday and I couldn't to save my life get out of the 15s on Saturday, (this was mainly due to the DA being so high). I made 11 runs on the track on Friday, and I only got 4 in on Saturday due to CamaroCrossing. Never the less, I had a blast being on the track even though I was getting spanked by the all the V6s and V8s.. lmao But I will say I did get my first win ever against another LLT, so I was pretty stoked about that!

Last edited by X-Factor; 08-13-2015 at 03:42 PM.
X-Factor is offline   Reply With Quote