Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-07-2011, 09:53 AM   #155
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I think modifications along these lines are going to be GREAT alternatives to ABs or CBs, so long as the rest of the exhaust is large enough and free-flowing enough not to be a big restriction, much like SS exhaust (LS3) already is. I know one of the first mods' for me will be resonator eliminators, probably replace the OEM H-pipe with a good X-pipe, and cut the mufflers open for mods' like the ones shown. I'll probably leave the dual-mode function, though, because I don't want trouble from the "Man", . You guys doing LTs will probably benefit greatly from keeping the dual-modes from the OEM mufflers I imagine.

The exhaust is one of the many features I LOVE about ZL1

I agree about the dual mode function. There's no way I'm swapping out to an aftermarket exhaust, no matter how much better it sounds, if I lose the dual mode functionality.

I wonder if Akrapovic will offer a dual mode system similar to the one they offer in the Z06/ZR1? It's light and offers a deep aggressive tone while maintaining the dual mode functionality. Not cheap though.

http://www.akrapovic.com/car-exhaust...odel/z06-2009/

I'd go for that system (or a similar one from a different manufacturer) for sure if eventually offered, but I'll stick to the mild to wild switch at first.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #156
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
I agree about the dual mode function. There's no way I'm swapping out to an aftermarket exhaust, no matter how much better it sounds, if I lose the dual mode functionality.

I wonder if Akrapovic will offer a dual mode system similar to the one they offer in the Z06/ZR1? It's light and offers a deep aggressive tone while maintaining the dual mode functionality. Not cheap though.

http://www.akrapovic.com/car-exhaust...odel/z06-2009/

I'd go for that system (or a similar one from a different manufacturer) for sure if eventually offered, but I'll stick to the mild to wild switch at first.
THAT'S SWEET!!! I like the Ti option I'd like to get a better understanding where their power improvement comes from. Maybe it's the better pipes or more straight-through muffler

I know that the dual-mode option for the LS3 cars was worth something like another 6 horse'. I imagine eliminating the perforated intermediate pipe function by either sealing it with band clamps or replacing it altogether with a solid pipe might free up a little more power since I imagine there'd be a little less turbulence, but I don't know for sure.

I'm really unlikey to go with a replacement system and alter it the way I'm thinking. I know I'd love the look of the polished stainless, but I don't know that I'll be under the car enough to appreciate it. So long as the OEM intermediate pipe are sufficient, I think I'll be pretty happy. If I win the Lotto, that's a different matter, lol

Thanks, BTW, for that link!!! That was really cool

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #157
FreddyG

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT 392
A good x-pipe should get rid of that popping. It did on my old Vette.
FreddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #158
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
THAT'S SWEET!!! I like the Ti option I'd like to get a better understanding where their power improvement comes from. Maybe it's the better pipes or more straight-through muffler

I know that the dual-mode option for the LS3 cars was worth something like another 6 horse'. I imagine eliminating the perforated intermediate pipe function by either sealing it with band clamps or replacing it altogether with a solid pipe might free up a little more power since I imagine there'd be a little less turbulence, but I don't know for sure.

I'm really unlikey to go with a replacement system and alter it the way I'm thinking. I know I'd love the look of the polished stainless, but I don't know that I'll be under the car enough to appreciate it. So long as the OEM intermediate pipe are sufficient, I think I'll be pretty happy. If I win the Lotto, that's a different matter, lol

Thanks, BTW, for that link!!! That was really cool

Found another one from B&B exhaust that maintains the dual mode feature. It's not as light as the Akrapovic system (especially the titanium version), but it's not nearly as expensive. Even the regular stainless steel Akrapovic system is significantly more expensive than the price of this B&B product.

From reading reviews, it sounds really good while keeping the functionality of the OEM system. I hope they make a version for the ZL1, I'd be interested for sure.

http://www.bbexhaust.com/car/corvette/z06/
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote