Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Very cool. I upgraded to MTI stainless steel brake lines as well. I can't wait to see how it all handles during the Pfadt Track Attack on Friday. It's gonna be fun!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #30
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
If you guys are running an M6 and have not as yet separated the clutch from the brakes (reservoir) do not forget to bleed the clutch, yes this can be a little difficult, but very necessary.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:34 AM   #31
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
If you guys are running an M6 and have not as yet separated the clutch from the brakes (reservoir) do not forget to bleed the clutch, yes this can be a little difficult, but very necessary.
Is there a DIY out there for this?
Old 03-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #32
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
yes, most people are using one from a gto
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #33
comm54
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2SS/RS IBM M6-when she lets me
Great info!!!!

Did anyone find out about bleeding the clutch??? Is there a kit for adding a seperate reseviour for the clutch???

I just received the MTI brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, Granatelli rotors, and Willwood 570 racing brake fluid!!!

I want to make sure I get this done right!!!
Old 05-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #34
Ovenmitt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 RJT 1SS
Send a message via AIM to Ovenmitt
Bleeding the clutch is retarded easy. There is a 8mm bleeder, that is above the slave cylinder line on the transmission (follow the line down from the master, or you can easily see it from below). Pump clutch 10 times, hold pedal down to floor (use a friend) open bleeder, fluid will shoot out. Close bleeder, repeat process again. Doesn't take long at all, I bled mine in about 5 minutes
Ovenmitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #35
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
I'm so glad I replaced mine with DOT 4 before the Pfadt track day at C5FestII. I know of at least one person that had the stock fluid boil. Cheap investment if you want to play hard.
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #36
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
I'm so glad I replaced mine with DOT 4 before the Pfadt track day at C5FestII. I know of at least one person that had the stock fluid boil. Cheap investment if you want to play hard.
Yep...great idea. I boiled mine here in SA at track day and it scared the SHIT out of me!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #37
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by comm54 View Post
Great info!!!!

Did anyone find out about bleeding the clutch??? Is there a kit for adding a seperate reseviour for the clutch???

I just received the MTI brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, Granatelli rotors, and Willwood 570 racing brake fluid!!!

I want to make sure I get this done right!!!
Hope its OK but here is the DIY for adding the GTO reseviour.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34085
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #38
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I'll have to find out the part number and who makes it, but Corey did a neat little trick on mine...

To bleed the clutch, there is no need to get under the car at all... He attached a line to the bleeder port at the bell housing and ran a braided steel line up to the master cylinder... It's tucked in behind it... If I'm at the track and having clutch issues and need to bleed it, I just grab a soda bottle and pull the line out... Pump the clutch a few times, hold it down and open the port on the end of the line... repeat as necessary... topping off the reservior as I go...

Done deal...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:06 AM   #39
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Hope its OK but here is the DIY for adding the GTO reseviour.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34085
PERFECT!

you know...I think I'm going to need that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I'll have to find out the part number and who makes it, but Corey did a neat little trick on mine...

To bleed the clutch, there is no need to get under the car at all... He attached a line to the bleeder port at the bell housing and ran a braided steel line up to the master cylinder... It's tucked in behind it... If I'm at the track and having clutch issues and need to bleed it, I just grab a soda bottle and pull the line out... Pump the clutch a few times, hold it down and open the port on the end of the line... repeat as necessary... topping off the reservior as I go...

Done deal...
That's pretty cool!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #40
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
PERFECT!

you know...I think I'm going to need that....
Remote resivoir is a must for the M6 IMO.....especially for how cheap and easy it is to do.

I need to look at changing out my fluid. Already have my brake lines from when I powdercoated my calipers.

Where is everyone getting their brake fluid from and is there a specific brand that is recommended?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #41
blueforza

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS
This is a great forum. Thanks for the info Tag. I am going with the super blue what site did you get it from ? just to confirm all you need it 1 liter?
Old 06-13-2011, 12:10 AM   #42
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

I bought it in person the first time around. The second time, I think Dana ordered it from amazon.com. I'm sure one of our vendors here might carry some. You only need one. I bought two because later on I changed out my factory brake lines for the stainless steel MTI brake lines.