Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-25-2023, 09:34 PM   #1
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Drives: 2022 Rapid Blue ZL1
Leroy Engineering tire trailer

Hey guys! I just picked up this Leroy Engineering tire trailer for track days. I was able to find it used locally for a steal and did some mods to make it work better for me.

I would highly recommend this setup for anyone who tracks their car. The hitch mounts under the rear crash bar and is 100% invisible when not pulling the trailer.

I had some sway issues one my first trip, so I relocated the fuel jug holders forward to balance the tongue weight better. Now I don't even notice the trailer, even at 80+ mph. I put some new wheels (TE37's) on it to match my car, and I also added the kick stand and handle for easy moving/storage.
Attached Images

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Rapid_blue_zl1_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2023, 10:22 PM   #2
Buellrider

Drives: 2023 1SS 1LE
Man, that is a cool trailer and lift.
Buellrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 12:35 AM   #3
Camfab

Drives: ‘23 ZL1-1LE
Am I seeing that right, your receiver is pointing straight down? Seems like that would create some serious torsional twist in a panic stop. Maybe I’m missing something. I like the stealthiness.
Camfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 12:40 AM   #4
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellrider View Post
Man, that is a cool trailer and lift.
Thanks brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camfab View Post
Am I seeing that right, your receiver is pointing straight down? Seems like that would create some serious torsional twist in a panic stop. Maybe I’m missing something. I like the stealthiness.
The trailer only weights 200 lbs. I doubt it would cause any issues. The brackets and hitch are all heavy gauge steel.

Performance: Kong X-Port OEM blower, 1 7/8" TSP headers (Polydyn coated), Corsa Intake/X-pipe/NPP Exhaust, LT5 95MM TB, DSX FlexFuel sensor, Dedicated Motorsports inline fuel filter, Katech Dual fuel pump, WeaponX Boost freeze chiller, WeaponX center and aux HX, PWR oil cooler, and Elite E-2X catch can. Tuned by Pat G 731 WHP on a Mustang Dyno.

Suspension/Brakes: Eibach lowering springs, Vorshlag camber plates, Full SPL rear control arms, DSC Sport suspension controller, Blackwing F/R brake cooling ducts.
Old 12-26-2023, 06:41 AM   #5
NashZL1

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL1
That is very cool.

Now, about that paint match...
2020 Genesis G90 Ultimate
2019 Mercedes-Benz SL450
2017 Corvette Grand Sport A8
2016 Hyundai Equus Ultimate
1971 Datsun 240Z
NashZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 10:56 AM   #6
clyde

Drives: broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid_blue_zl1_22 View Post
Hey guys! I just picked up this Leroy Engineering tire trailer for track days. I was able to find it used locally for a steal and did some mods to make it work better for me.
Nice trailer! Glad you hear you got it for a steal. They're really nice, but there's no way I could rationalize their new pricing. I got mine used in fall 2020 for a fraction of their new pricing at the time and their new pricing has nearly doubled since then (and I know some people that encountered some serious quality control issues on ones built a couple years ago).

I replaced the ratchet straps with wider ratchets. The stock ones were too narrow for my hands to be comfortable and they were also more finicky than I'd like. Super cheap and easy.

I'd recommend putting some PPF on the outer leading edges of the frame. They get beaten up pretty bad and one of my winter projects is going to be cleaning up and repainting mine. The pic is from post-wash fallowing its last use for the season in October. I've put about 20k on it and I think the previous owner put about 10k on it.

I'm also going to repaint the slats the tires sit on and then add some diamond plate or something. The paint has not held up well to hot sticky tires.

Ditto what you're saying...the only time I know it's back there is hearing some clunks over bumps now and then.
Attached Images

clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 08:32 AM   #7
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
trailer with the matching TE's, that's goals!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 08:56 AM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
That's what I was thinking...
Old 12-27-2023, 10:21 AM   #9
Sillysspeed

Drives: 98 Camaro
Love to have one
Sillysspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 05:04 AM   #10
Rapid_blue_zl1_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashZL1 View Post
That is very cool.

Now, about that paint match...
I 100% agree. It is going to get repainted or re-powder coated to match soon. I thought it would be close enough, but it already bothers me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Nice trailer! Glad you hear you got it for a steal. They're really nice, but there's no way I could rationalize their new pricing. I got mine used in fall 2020 for a fraction of their new pricing at the time and their new pricing has nearly doubled since then (and I know some people that encountered some serious quality control issues on ones built a couple years ago).

I replaced the ratchet straps with wider ratchets. The stock ones were too narrow for my hands to be comfortable and they were also more finicky than I'd like. Super cheap and easy.

I'd recommend putting some PPF on the outer leading edges of the frame. They get beaten up pretty bad and one of my winter projects is going to be cleaning up and repainting mine. The pic is from post-wash fallowing its last use for the season in October. I've put about 20k on it and I think the previous owner put about 10k on it.

I'm also going to repaint the slats the tires sit on and then add some diamond plate or something. The paint has not held up well to hot sticky tires.

Ditto what you're saying...the only time I know it's back there is hearing some clunks over bumps now and then.
I have already started to see the chip damage on mine and the previous owner said he only used it 10 times. I plan to paint/powder coat match it anyway, so I'll make sure to PPF it afterwards.

Mine is also a 2020 build. $7k for a new one was just insane. I scooped this one for $2750, and it included the hitch/receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSEssence View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
That's what I was thinking...
Thanks fellas! I had to for the trailer, they are replicas on the trailer though. I couldn't justify $1200 for 2 trailer wheels.