Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 12-03-2019, 06:42 PM   #43
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
And a turbo4 Camaro is faster than my (more or less) stock 95 Impala SS. What's the point? Shove a gen 5 LT1 in the 79 and it would eat your lunch. I don't understand the problem here. He asked about a tranny. The same one GM used behind most of the V8 during the era.

Wrong section? Maybe...

Is the world going to stop because of that? Do we need to call in a hazmat crew to clean up the "stain on YOUR forum"?

I could kinda see everyone getting twisted up if he was asking about a C4 or a Torqueflite.

It a Chevy. It's the same tranny as the 2nd gen F body. Just because you want to snub your nose at it, or hit someone who is trying to learn something.....

I just don't get it...

Last edited by 95 imp; 12-03-2019 at 07:16 PM.
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #44
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
And a turbo4 Camaro is faster than my (more or less) stock 95 Impala SS. What's the point? Shove a gen 5 LT1 in the 79 and it would eat your lunch. I don't understand the problem here. He asked about a tranny. The same one GM used behind most of the V8 during the era.

Wrong section? Maybe...

Is the world going to stop because of that? Do we need to call in a hazmat crew to clean up the "stain on YOUR forum"?

I could kinda see everyone getting twisted up if he was asking about a C4 or a Torqueflite.

It a Chevy. It's the same tranny as the 2nd gen F body. Just because you want to snub your nose at it, or hit someone who is trying to learn something.....

I just don't get it...
You don’t have to get it, and you’re welcome not to agree with us. It’s a 6th gen Camaro forum. There’s plenty of Corvette forums where he can learn all he wants. And with a good tune a brand new Supra will be just as fast as a gen 5 LT1. What’s the point?

All forums have topic guidelines for good reason..... if not then the color of your house or how tall you cut your grass would be open discussion in a forum for 6th gen Camaros. Because that’s just as relevant to the forum as anything about a ‘79 Corvette. Capisci?

The moderators move threads for less off-topic discussions than this.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:54 PM   #45
Zaqwert6

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.M.D1 View Post
ok, in the case of.....
I already said, order placed time to delivery time has zero to do with how long it takes them to physically build the car. Once they get to the order, the car gets built almost instantly,. Its not 6 weeks worth of someone in a room somewhere screwing it together like ikea furniture. :-)

Hey look, it doesn't matter. Order it, if you ever really do order one, whenever you want. Lol. I'm sure nothing would make people happier than seeing pics of you sitting in your new car. If you really wanna stop the haters, that'll do it in a heartbeat. (Pun intended)
Zaqwert6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #46
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
You don’t have to get it, and you’re welcome not to agree with us. It’s a 6th gen Camaro forum. There’s plenty of Corvette forums where he can learn all he wants. And with a good tune a brand new Supra will be just as fast as a gen 5 LT1. What’s the point?

All forums have topic guidelines for good reason..... if not then the color of your house or how tall you cut your grass would be open discussion in a forum for 6th gen Camaros. Because that’s just as relevant to the forum as anything about a ‘79 Corvette. Capisci?

The moderators move threads for less off-topic discussions than this.
Oh, so you've been promoted to forum moderator now? Or, you're just the self appointed snob, forum Nazi?

Maybe he posted the question in the wrong area, so everyone needs to jump on the band wagon and shit on him?

Evidently, you never made a mistake, or just like trying to throw your weight around....

Or maybe the stuck up, my shit doesn't stink, vette owners, of which 99 percent can't tell you the difference between a powerglide, a th400, and a m22, couldn't be bothered either and shit of him there to because that's the way they hide THEIR lack of knowledge. Instead he tries to come here so a bunch of people can dump on him too.

Again... Chevrolet car... Chevrolet forum... Not about his house, not about his grass... Chevrolet car in a Chevrolet forum. Granted, wrong part of the forum....

And wth is your point with the Supra tune? That was your dumbass idea to compare a 40 year old car to a modern one. Now, you want to compare another dumbass statement?

By your logic, a 53 Vette is REALLY a worthless pile because it came with a 6 cyl and can't keep up with a 79 Vette.

Bottom line? Run down to Home Depot, buy some 2x4's and nails, build a bridge and GET OVER IT!

If the mods choose to close/move/delete the thread, it's on them. Until then, please show a little class to the kid and help a fellow gearhead out....
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:01 PM   #47
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaqwert6 View Post
I already said, order placed time to delivery time has zero to do with how long it takes them to physically build the car. Once they get to the order, the car gets built almost instantly,. Its not 6 weeks worth of someone in a room somewhere screwing it together like ikea furniture. :-)

Hey look, it doesn't matter. Order it, if you ever really do order one, whenever you want. Lol. I'm sure nothing would make people happier than seeing pics of you sitting in your new car. If you really wanna stop the haters, that'll do it in a heartbeat. (Pun intended)
thanks man
D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote