Phastek Performance

Old 07-16-2018, 04:17 PM   #15
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Drives: Soon to be ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensf View Post
Wow, that's hauling! Where do I sign up for your coaching service? Lol
I met Dom a couple months ago at Sonoma, super nice guy. Hope to meet you the next time around.
Hey Ben,

I'm looking to start coaching again like I used to. If you're serious about it let's chat! Either way make sure to say hi at the next events. I'll be at Thill August 3rd, Laguna August 10-12th, and Sonoma August 20th. Hope to see you at those. I'm shooting to get a ZL1 1LE in September keep an eye out for a red for for me!
Jeff Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:18 PM   #16
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
It's all good. The Mustang trolls from M6G copy and paste from here all the time, lol!! At least you're cool! Anyway, congrats on your future ZL1 1LE. It really is an awesome car. Even the standard ZL1, this was the first car I've ever seen that was an absolute must have! And I have enjoyed every second in it like I'm sure you'll enjoy every second in yours. Welcome to the club!!
Thank you for the welcoming. Can't wait to post some of one that I own. Dom is going to be getting a lot of footage over the next month and I finally got some good software to do edits. He has the smartycam now so we will see how it turns out!
Old 07-16-2018, 04:20 PM   #17
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnovrit View Post
Congrats as well. I come from the other side. I grew up Ford and mustangs. Sold my 03 Cobra mustang and picked up the Camaro. Feels funny coming over to the "dark side" LOL! I absolutely love this car. I found the first one at the Chevy area at th Indy 500 this year. Two weeks later, I was on a plane to SoCal to pick up the Camaro. Two weeks after that, the mustang was sold. Only 700 ish miles on it so far. Waiting for the break-in to be over so I can get back to Sonoma and Seca. What color are you after? I had to have the Nightfall grey and there was only one I could find left in the state.
That's cool. It was a very tough decision picking between the GT350R or the ZL1 1LE. I can go into more detail sometime, maybe even in a video, but I'm happy with the choice I've made. I'm wanting a Red one. If you see any, I'm hoping to find a good deal on a used one (maybe a divorce or someone that scared themselves haha). Hope to catch you out there sometime!
Old 07-16-2018, 04:25 PM   #18
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakdayz View Post
I would love to know,
1) Do you feel the weight of the car?
2) Any overheating? Limp modes?
3) Did you adjust the camber and how simple was it?

Great driving!
I would love to know,
1) Do you feel the weight of the car?
Most definitely. It is a fairly heavy car. Amazing how much weight they got out of the car though. I drove a 5th Gen ZL1 and that felt VERY heavy in comparison. I think the team did an impressive job to get it to feel how it does. Very nimble and enjoyable to drive.
2) Any overheating? Limp modes?
NONE!!! Actually a great question because this is one of the main factors for me looking to purchase this car. I think this topic is highly underrated for track car purchases. It really comes down to the driver and the conditions you are in (track temps, etc), but for myself I have found that so many cars easily overheat. One side note I'd like to add is I drive with no traction/stability control and I've noticed with some cars with those on the front brakes can be used so much you can overheat those. I had no issues at all with any components of the car in 86 degree weather. I didn't do a full session, but it handled it all very well unlike the C7 Z06
3) Did you adjust the camber and how simple was it?
I did not adjust the camber. It was at 2.7 degrees. I suggested Dom increase the camber. I looked it up and it seems to be fairly easy. He is getting it adjusted to 3.1/3.2 for the next event. I will see how it changes things.

Great driving!
Thank you. Loved every minute of it. I think you can tell I was trying something new on each lap for many of the corners. Would love to see what I can get down to with more laps under my belt (and better traffic/weather conditions)
Old 07-16-2018, 04:33 PM   #19
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanblurr View Post
Great lap! I know you can get more out of it with more seat time ;-).
There's a lot left on the table. I'm sure you could notice where I worked up on it (and sometimes went past is and backed off) each lap. What a FUN car to drive

Can't wait to run together in the future. I've always been busy helping others, but keep meaning to come say hi. Would love to go for a ride sometime with you. Are you going to be at any of the following events? August 3rd Thill, August 10-12th Laguna, August 20th Sonoma?

You were actually the first person I saw driving one and it caught my eye. I had driven the GT350R on track and was really impressed, then got into Dom's car for a ride and couldn't believe the similarities (in the handling). Then I made the best/worst choice of my life and drove it. Now I have sold one car and am waiting for the other to sell so I can get one.

You've got things down pretty good but if you ever want to chat up any corners or track stuff in general let me know. We should have a pretty good group of 1LE's between you, Ben, Dom, myself, and I think I've seen a couple others. Plus I have friends in the ballpark times with GTR's/GT3s, and a couple other cars.

Glad to informally meet you,

Jeff
Old 07-16-2018, 04:35 PM   #20
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
My friend took delivery of his ZL1 1LE earlier this week. I thought I wanted a base ZL1, but I now know I will be seeking a 1LE!
If you are going to drive on the track whatsoever, I highly recommend the 1LE. Both are really great cars, but it's one of the few cars I can say come from the factory 'good to go.' I usually purchase a car like a ZL1 and then do my own upgrades, but nope, this one was done right. Impressed by the Camaro team.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #21
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUQWIKR View Post
Awesome driving! I was asking about tires, but, I just saw the notes in the video as being stock tires...
Yep. The 3R's were on there. Very good tire. I actually slightly prefer them to the Cup 2's. I know they are very comparable, but if I had to choose one off GRIP it would be the ones on the Camaro. They don't last very long from what I hear.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #22
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterman View Post
Nice driving!

Even at 100% stock, ZLE is an amazing car.

Welcome to the forums.
Couldn't agree more. Thank you for the compliment and the welcoming. It really is a fun car.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:38 PM   #23
Rnovrit

Drives: 2018 NFG ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cook View Post
That's cool. It was a very tough decision picking between the GT350R or the ZL1 1LE. I can go into more detail sometime, maybe even in a video, but I'm happy with the choice I've made. I'm wanting a Red one. If you see any, I'm hoping to find a good deal on a used one (maybe a divorce or someone that scared themselves haha). Hope to catch you out there sometime!
Stewart Chevrolet has a red one in their show room. It has a dealer markup on it but that is just to keep the kids and tire kickers away. I had a chat with the sales guy when I was looking for mine. It was ordered by a friend of the owner but the deal fell through.
Rnovrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:27 PM   #24
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Quote:
Stewart Chevrolet has a red one in their show room. It has a dealer markup on it but that is just to keep the kids and tire kickers away. I had a chat with the sales guy when I was looking for mine. It was ordered by a friend of the owner but the deal fell through.
I'm going to check it out. Hopefully the timing works out. Thanks for the heads up
Old 07-16-2018, 11:59 PM   #25
satanschariot666
Banned

Drives: camaro
satanschariot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:26 PM   #26
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Quote:
What do you think they would sell it for? I didn't see it on their website.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #27
MikeEM1

Drives: Tracks: 18' ZL1 1LE
Damn you're hauling! Great driving. I just tracked mine for the first time yesterday and I was so impressed on how easy it was to drive and how strong the brakes are. Only thing done was SRF brake fluid.
AWE Track w/PLP
APR GTC300 wing / Singular Endplates
ASC Splitter / PA tunnels
MFR Engineering Custom Diffuser
Race Louvers Fender Vents
APEX SM10 & ARC8

For sale: 2018 OEM ZL1 1LE Wing

12' Nissan GT-R SOLD
MikeEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 01:11 PM   #28
Jeff Cook
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEM1 View Post
Damn you're hauling! Great driving. I just tracked mine for the first time yesterday and I was so impressed on how easy it was to drive and how strong the brakes are. Only thing done was SRF brake fluid.
Hey Mike,

Thanks! I actually have watched your vids, and you can see in some of my other videos that I have driven my buddy's GTR quite a bit. I completely agree with your points 100%. I think the GTR is a really cool, nostalgic, fun car...but to have the interaction of the manual and to have the rear wheel drive, just love it. Where did you take the car to the track? It seems like we have a pretty big group of ZL1 1LE owners up here that track their cars. We should make sure to get to the same events from time to time. I should have mine in a month or two...also going for the red, looks amazing.

I was watching how you did the ceramic coating. How has that turned out so far? I want to look into doing that when I get mine.

Nice to informally meet you,

Jeff