#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #85
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exgermanowner View Post
My local dealership is a bunch of morons. They can't even tell me the type/weight of the oil when I give them the part #'s when they look it up in their system. But they're quick on the price - $19 A QT This is my second(and last dealer completed) oil change under Chevy care, so I'm going to press for it to be free or seriously reduce the per qt price.
That’s scary dude. I payed a little over $11 a quart last week at my dealership, $19 a quart sounds like a way too much.

It’s a shame dealership staff don’t care enough or are not knowledgeable enough to be thorough when doing their jobs.

Buy the oil somewhere else and do it yourself. If you have a driveway, a wrench and a 15 mm socket along with two jack stands and you’re all set.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #86
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
I know what the system looks like, as soon as they punch in the part number it will say something like "MOBIL 1 0W40 ESP 1 QT" right there in front of them...
Can you move to NJ and open a dealership here please!! You are a car guy’s dream as far as dealership owners are concerned.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 07-05-2018, 12:44 PM   #87
Exgermanowner

Drives: Bone stock
Quote:
I know what the system looks like, as soon as they punch in the part number it will say something like "MOBIL 1 0W40 ESP 1 QT" right there in front of them...
Trust me, I said something really sarcastic as politely as I could when he replied to my question of "what did the system pull up for that part #". Hence my opening remarks about my local dealer.
Old 07-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #88
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
My dealer told me all these bulletins ONLY APPLY TO USA CARS....wtf?
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #89
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by meSSohappy View Post
My dealer told me all these bulletins ONLY APPLY TO USA CARS....wtf?
You Canadians get a different version of the LT4 ?

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 07-05-2018, 02:47 PM   #90
meSSohappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
You Canadians get a different version of the LT4 ?
Not that I'm aware of.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

Old 07-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #91
C10_ustacould

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Metallic A10
Thanks for posting this up, I was able to ensure our car received the correct oil as the parts folks at my dealer were not up to speed. They were appreciative for the info, the vin search they do prior to service did not show the new part numbers for the oil. This is kind of stuff is what makes this forum so valuable.

"I don't anymore, but I ustacould!"

2018 ZL1 Garnet Metallic

Last edited by C10_ustacould; 07-08-2018 at 07:39 AM.
C10_ustacould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #92
meSSohappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exgermanowner View Post
My local dealership is a bunch of morons. They can't even tell me the type/weight of the oil when I give them the part #'s when they look it up in their system. But they're quick on the price - $19 A QT This is my second(and last dealer completed) oil change under Chevy care, so I'm going to press for it to be free or seriously reduce the per qt price.
Confirmed at my dealer yesterday:
$17/liter at my dealer is their cost. Not available yet for at least 2 weeks. Not covered under warranty oil changes. None of these bulletins apply to Canadian cars. I am on my own :(

Old 07-08-2018, 07:48 AM   #93
C10_ustacould

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Metallic A10
As I'm looking back at my interaction with the service writer, I remember her saying something about submitting the warranty request and if they, Chevrolet, balked at paying for the new oil the service manager would contact me to pay the difference. I blew that off because I believed there was a service bulletin saying the LT4 cars get this new oil. Looking at the bulletin it clearly states 2019... I'm pretty sure he will be calling me to recoup the difference. I really don't mind if it's the best oil for the car. This was my first of two free oil changes and I'll likely ask for the second at 1500 miles, I'll likely do the oil changes myself after that. Would be nice if they would sell the new oil in 5qt bottles at the local parts stores, maybe soon.

"I don't anymore, but I ustacould!"

2018 ZL1 Garnet Metallic
C10_ustacould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:28 PM   #94
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
My dealer wouldn't do the 500 mile oil change on the rear dif. Said they couldn't find anywhere that its required.

The dealer has declined to do the work without me signing a waiver.

Last edited by F1FTY; 07-17-2018 at 02:51 PM.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #95
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1FTY View Post
My dealer wouldn't do the 500 mile oil change on the rear dif. Said they couldn't find anywhere that its required.

I would do it, even if you have to pay for it. When I did mine at 475 miles I definitely saw some metal in the oil from the rear diff. Of course it’s normal since the gears are meshing with each other. You want to get those metal particles out of there if possible. It shouldn’t be more than 1 hour of labor to do the rear diff.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 07-17-2018, 08:47 PM   #96
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:

I got a better idea, order the 2 quarts of fluid and a quart pump, all less than $50 I'd say, and do it yourself.

Or you can show then the track prep guide or whatever it is that DOES say 500/1500...Maybe it's engine break in or something, not sure but I did see it somewhere.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:17 PM   #97
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
I got a better idea, order the 2 quarts of fluid and a quart pump, all less than $50 I'd say, and do it yourself.

Or you can show then the track prep guide or whatever it is that DOES say 500/1500...Maybe it's engine break in or something, not sure but I did see it somewhere.
Thanks guys

I ended up leaving the dealer. They were “afraid” to touch the ZL1 “because it’s such a special car” according to the service manager.

I did buy 2 quarts of the fluid for $58 (which I guess shows I got ripped off by your post above) and will be going to a dealer that does not have an issue doing it at my mileage across town. The car now has 570 miles on it so I’m trying to get this done ASAP.

I was able to get the engine oil changed at least, but it’s complete BS that a Chevy dealership wouldn’t perform maintainence on my car. I would love to report them to GM for this.

I have a few garage items needing to be purchased yet so I can do the work myself. Maybe by the 1500 mile mark.
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:06 PM   #98
Alain

Quote:
Thanks guys

I ended up leaving the dealer. They were “afraid” to touch the ZL1 “because it’s such a special car” according to the service manager.

I did buy 2 quarts of the fluid for $58 (which I guess shows I got ripped off by your post above) and will be going to a dealer that does not have an issue doing it at my mileage across town. The car now has 570 miles on it so I’m trying to get this done ASAP.

I was able to get the engine oil changed at least, but it’s complete BS that a Chevy dealership wouldn’t perform maintainence on my car. I would love to report them to GM for this.

I have a few garage items needing to be purchased yet so I can do the work myself. Maybe by the 1500 mile mark.
Glad you found a dealership to take care of you.

In case the other dealership gives you a bunch of none sense, you don’t need much to do the rear differenrial fluid change

A jack, two jack stands and a 3/8 drive ratchet is all you need. You DONT EVEN NEED SOCKETS!!!

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot