#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-04-2016, 07:07 AM   #57
Diggitydog

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Nightfall Convertible M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shifter View Post
Just going to put this out there....... both drivers are pretty horrible in the video and can not shift..... if it wasn't for Houston crap weather right now I would have you a c7zo6 video and a hellcat video. Keep you guys posted
Diggitydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 07:08 AM   #58
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
that Z06 isn't $40,000 faster
Good thing the Z06 is 17k more.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:31 AM   #59
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Just going to put this out there....... both drivers are pretty horrible in the video and can not shift..... if it wasn't for Houston crap weather right now I would have you a c7zo6 video and a hellcat video. Keep you guys posted
I get your point. However, it still comes down to buy want you want and can afford. Everything else is bar talk all day every day.
Old 12-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #60
tbrennyZL1

Drives: Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Brakes allow them to stop later, deeper into the corner. That keeps your average speed up, and decreases lap times. And in the Lightning Lap...they will drive until they can extract the best time out of the car...occasionally, they'll get it in one lap, but sometimes it takes a couple of tries.

Goodyear's perform as good, or better on the track than the MPSS...particularly when hot. Camaro team also seems to have a relationship with Goodyear and Pirelli. Corvette with Michelin.

It will be interesting to see if they produce a Camaro in the mid to upper $70s, again.
I understand that, but the increased longevity for CC's is offset by the MSC2 lack of longevity. Most the cars with CC also run MSC2 and those tires are there absolute best in the first lap or two. So basically there is a minimal difference in the first lap or two between the CC and iron brakes. Not to mention the ridiculous cost of them. I don't think very many camaro guys would wanna pay 5K+ for CC brakes. I hope the goodyears are better now, I thought the previous gen were mediocre at best on the street. I find the MPSS to be way better.
tbrennyZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:04 PM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrennyZL1 View Post
I understand that, but the increased longevity for CC's is offset by the MSC2 lack of longevity. Most the cars with CC also run MSC2 and those tires are there absolute best in the first lap or two. So basically there is a minimal difference in the first lap or two between the CC and iron brakes. Not to mention the ridiculous cost of them. I don't think very many camaro guys would wanna pay 5K+ for CC brakes. I hope the goodyears are better now, I thought the previous gen were mediocre at best on the street. I find the MPSS to be way better.
Your impressions are right in line with most...MPSS tires were good on the street. Goodyear's were just "alright"...but on the track, roles are reversed.

If they build a Z/28, or a package for the ZL1...that includes Carbon Ceramics, and PSC2 tires...(and I buy it)...I have every intention of swapping out the sport cup tires for something more like a Goodyear Supercar, or Bridgestone RE11...which means - "cheap", longer-lasting tires, and nearly lifetime brakes.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #62
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Not sure where some of you are getting your $40k differences from, but you can scoop up Z06's for low to mid 80's right now. But, having said that. At $63k, to me, the Zl1 is the best bang out there right now. And it even isn't close. If I can sell my damn Silverado, I might scoop one up and have both a Zl1 and the Z06.
kttxz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:59 PM   #63
kttxz06

Quote:
I'm up for some video footage. I have a modded Z06/7 out in Katy, so if anyone wants to do some runs for video fun, let me know. Yea, weather is horrible right now.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #64
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
I'm up for some video footage. I have a modded Z06/7 out in Katy, so if anyone wants to do some runs for video fun, let me know. Yea, weather is horrible right now.
Your data will be skewed because you are modded.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #65
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
So this guy is basically admitting he did a drag race with customer cars?

"We wanted to do a drag race against a Hellcat but currently all of them are being modified or have been modified".

My gut tells me the majority are in the "being modified" status -- i.e.: on cinder blocks with the stock rims and hood sold off without the customer's consent while it sits collecting dust for months.

John Hennessey is a friggen crook.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:44 PM   #66
kttxz06

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Your data will be skewed because you are modded.
Well no shit. I never argued that it wouldn't be otherwise. smh.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:37 PM   #67
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Missed shift or not, if they were even at that point, the Vette should still have begun pulling on the ZL! as soon as it was solidly in gear. If the Vette had fallen behind by any amount we should have seen it beginning to catch it after it was in gear. And then, it could have been staged for whatever reason. The ZL1 is clearly very fast.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote