Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 07-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #15
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
Jimabe, so what’s the verdict on the Corsa Sport with LT Headers combo compared to the stock NPP?
Your thoughts?
Corsa Sport with LTs is gonna be LOUD at more than part throttle. Great sound, but loud. Part throttle and below it will have a smooth, nasty growl.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #16
GunMetalGrey

Drives: Track prepped 2018 Camaro ZL1 (a10)
Thanks for the detailed PM Jim and the post SJFGTO

Does anybody want to weigh in on how much more quiet, if any, that exact same set up would be except with high flow cats?

Last edited by GunMetalGrey; 07-18-2018 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Wanted to reference another post
GunMetalGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #17
Jimabe

Drives: 2018 Red ZL1
Yes, part throttle and cruising speed is not bad. Everything else sounds good but loud.

Heard of a couple of CTSV guys going with hi-flow resonators on similar setups with good results.

They are straight through design so no back pressure. Going to try that soon.
Jimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #18
SJFGTO
Oh Oh it's Friday Night!

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE Nightfall Gray
High flow cats will make remove the rasp, which is always present when cats are removed, but they will not take the sound down enough to make a difference.
2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE NFG; ARH 2” headers, catless mids, ARH full exhaust, Lingenfelter 18% lower pulley, ATI Harmonic Balancer, Roto-fab CAI, EE-catch can, TM ported TB, NX Lid, BMR strut tower brace. Aeroforce dual pod interceptor gauges. Tuned by Vengeance Racing!!! 644 HP @ 6250 rpm / 689 trq @ 3660 rpm

Four that wanna own me
Two that wanna stone me
One says she's a friend of mine...
SJFGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #19
GunMetalGrey

Thanks for the feedback guys, happy to know it helps removes the rasp!

Looking forward to hearing about the impact resonators will have as well!
Old 07-18-2018, 10:48 PM   #20
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
So, did the Corsa go on the car?

I’m in Shorewood and just committed to a Billy Boat 3” cat back system. It arrives in a week and a half. You’re welcome to come check it out once I get it installed.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:51 AM   #21
Jimabe

Drives: 2018 Red ZL1
Yep. On the car although not done. Need to get quieter. Be interested what you think of yours.
Jimabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:44 AM   #22
Aperretta

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimabe View Post
Yep. On the car although not done. Need to get quieter. Be interested what you think of yours.
BBE only has one video of the exhaust posted and no one else seems to have tried it yet. The one video sounds great but I’m basically taking a leap of faith on this new system that they have. I’m optimistic. I’ll be doing a full review with before and after + install. Hopefully the iPhone pics up the sound ok, since that’s all I’ll be working with. ETA is end of July

From what I know, your Corsa system doesn’t have valves. You could try another vavled system so that you have the option to go loud or quiet. That’s one thing I knew I wanted.
Aperretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #23
GunMetalGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aperretta View Post
BBE only has one video of the exhaust posted and no one else seems to have tried it yet. The one video sounds great but I’m basically taking a leap of faith on this new system that they have. I’m optimistic. I’ll be doing a full review with before and after + install. Hopefully the iPhone pics up the sound ok, since that’s all I’ll be working with. ETA is end of July

From what I know, your Corsa system doesn’t have valves. You could try another vavled system so that you have the option to go loud or quiet. That’s one thing I knew I wanted.
He had NPP with LT Headers before he switched to Corsa because of the tone and that it was so loud it was on start up and WOT

I’m interested to hear what you think of your BB system once it’s in and how much the valves help or don’t not to mention the tone quality.