Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-04-2017, 11:13 PM   #57
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I drove to the keys, NOTHING but rental camaro. I swear I counted, no mores than 60 seconds between camaros
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:52 PM   #58
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I drove to the keys, NOTHING but rental camaro. I swear I counted, no mores than 60 seconds between camaros
How did you know they were rentals?

You didn't.

FL rental cars have been fully unmarked by law for many years to prevent vulnerable tourist crime.

What you have told us is Camaro is the car of choice for the FL Keys, and not one stinkin mustang could be found. Ahh, paradise!

Your statement is as invalid as the rental mustangs dumped on the market - used rental cars - mmm good!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:45 AM   #59
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Why does this chart not take into account other cars that are compared to the six GEN apart from mustang and Challenger?!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:09 AM   #60
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
Why does this chart not take into account other cars that are compared to the six GEN apart from mustang and Challenger?!
Probably because the only cars that are legit competition for each other are those three.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:29 AM   #61
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Probably because the only cars that are legit competition for each other are those three.
I don't know, Chevy seems to mock otherwise! 🙄
Old 05-05-2017, 08:39 AM   #62
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post

You didn't.

FL rental cars have been fully unmarked by law for many years to prevent vulnerable tourist crime.

What you have told us is Camaro is the car of choice for the FL Keys, and not one stinkin mustang could be found. Ahh, paradise!

Your statement is as invalid as the rental mustangs dumped on the market - used rental cars - mmm good!

It's still easy to spot a rental car in Florida the Bar code sticker all of them put on the drivers and passenger side windows and the no smoking sticker on the windows
Old 05-05-2017, 09:08 AM   #63
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:

You didn't.

Rentals stick out like a sore thumb here. Just look for the window barcodes.

They're usually also the ones going 60 in the left lane...

But in any case, almost every brand new car you'll see here in Florida is a rental, especially here in Orlando. Back when I lived in Ohio it usually took a few weeks or a dealer visit for me to see launch products on the road, here Enterprise has usually already bought a few hundred.
Old 05-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #64
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
I just saw a tv add from Avis that featured a woman using a cell phone app to chose her Avis car. It was a Camaro. She was changing its color via the app.
This ad gave more screentime to the Camaro than any GM ad.
And it was (indirectly) for a Fleet sale.

It was a variation of this ad:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AEkX/avis-ca...als-jet-setter
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:56 AM   #65
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
These cars are coined to be the 'direct competitors'. Two doors, V8, American. The only extra one I think should be added is the charger which simply adds two more doors. But the last time I said this someone got all angry and started saying we should be throwing in the Impala and Malibu too then.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #66

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Much rather have RETAIL sales from KBB Power from MEDISIN like last month.

Camaro has passed Mustang for 2017 Retail sales.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Why don't we dump our inventory on rental car lots at little to no profit?

RETAIL sales produced this:

Yeah, the sales numbers every month inevitably get confused in the fog of fleet/retail.....

The automakers seem to be pretty straightforward with the total number that include fleet/rental, but a guessing game of "I've seen on the road" and "I saw at my local dealer x number of cars on the lot, so...."...etc., etc., seems to be the method of determining fleet/rental/retail sales...lol..

It would be nice to get some hard numbers showing all the types of sales, and which models are selling, etc....

Medisin put up fleet percentages last month and got slammed....Seems like everyone would rather guess or don't really want to know the actual retail sales and fleet sales difference...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #67
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
These cars are coined to be the 'direct competitors'. Two doors, V8, American. The only extra one I think should be added is the charger which simply adds two more doors. But the last time I said this someone got all angry and started saying we should be throwing in the Impala and Malibu too then.

Two doors, V8, American...doesn't match either. There are V6 and turbo 4s in the mix too and they outsell the V8s by a long shot. Also you wouldn't consider the Vette and the now departed Viper as competitors either. So to be accurate it would be 2+2 domestic sport coupes with available V8s. If you don't want to use the correct "Pony car" term to define them.

Honestly the Charger and the Challenger are the same vehicle. In some respects similar to the ATS/CTS/Camaro relationship but with far less differences. And now the SS is gone, the Charger has no domestic competition.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #68

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Here's the numbers for GM for April....Ga 'head find the numbers for any other make you want, and get back to us with your findings. Thanks and good luck.

Deliveries-April-2017 (2).pdf
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:29 PM   #69
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
The Charger is a full size, 4 door sedan...not in the same class at all no matter how close it's relationship is to the Challenger.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:44 PM   #70
Camaroslut

Drives: 2017 SS Fifty
Smile

Count me as one of those April numbers. I bought mine for invoice minus $2500. Luvn it!
Camaroslut is offline   Reply With Quote