#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-17-2017, 12:15 AM   #43
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian ZL1 View Post
Ceramic Pro has a solution that I believe lasts 6 months which will give you 100% beading when it rains. Not only does it look cool it actually serves a purpose as when your on the highway you will not have to use your wipers as the water will simply fly off effortlessly. There are other products available but I am leaning towards this. It will not protect your windshield from stone chips but when it rains you will not cringe.
I had ceramic pro on my old car. It's complete shit. False advertising.10 layers done to my car. Junk.
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:11 AM   #44
thompstl1

Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Like most of you, I’ve got some experience buffing/waxing cars and decided to learn how to apply the ceramic coating myself. I watched all the online tutorials and decided to try it on my new F-150 Platinum.

Applying a ceramic coating is a lot of labor if you follow all the steps, but it’s not technically difficult.My truck looks absolutely great, and I’m very impressed with the hydrophobic qualities of the coating and how the entire easily rinses clean (even the wheels).

When my ZL1 arrives, I’ll get a good clear bra installed by a professional, however I plan to spend whatever time necessary on perfecting every square inch of the car with the ceramic coating I’ve learned to apply!

I already had a high quality buffer/pads (although that’s not a necessity), and the entire kit was about $300 for the coating (enough to do two cars at least).
I chose Pinnacle since it had different concentration products for paint, glass, and wheels.I think each of the brand names have their particular strengths.

Really looking forward to working with the new car!
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #45
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Has anyone done Modesta on their car?
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #46
jesusmetal777
noob

Drives: 2017 ZL1 M6
I'm taking mine in on Wednesday for a complete XPEL application and then full Modesta including wheels & calipers. I'll post pics when it's finished.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:07 AM   #47
Hammerli

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Summit M6 PDR SR ECW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 View Post
I had ceramic pro on my old car. It's complete shit. False advertising.10 layers done to my car. Junk.
That has not been my experience. My wife's Cayenne has Ceramic Pro both on the interior and exterior, and I find that it is very easy to wash, doesn't show any swirls or anything, and after a good rainstorm it legitimately looks like the car got an OK carwash. Wheels come clean with almost just spraying, it has been far better than I would have told you as a skeptic prior to this car. It was the demo vehicle for the coating at the dealership, so we paid next to nothing for the complete package, but I have to say, I have been impressed with it.

Now not getting it on the ZL1, it goes next week to get Suntek on most of the car, and as it will never see salt and infrequently rain, I just keep a good coat of wax on the PPF.
Hammerli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #48
OH2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 Zl1
I want to know if anyone has any experience long term with ceramic coatings. I want to do it on my ZL1 but dont want it to be a pain to get off if I need to. They claim it can be machine polished off. Just wondering 10 plus year effect. I have access to clear bra for free so want to do the splitter in that and ceramic coat the rest.
OH2017ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #49
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
A coating won't last longer than a few years and will need to be polished off. But will reduce swirls with good maintenance rinseless washes.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:41 PM   #50
Bshields22

Drives: 2014 1LE
You can consider a temporary paint protection solution. I've used TrackArmour on the track and road trips. Works great!

www.trackarmour.com
Bshields22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #51
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Stupid question:

If I'm considering a PPF, do I need to do mods to the sidemarkers (reflector/lights) before getting the PPF placed? Or does the PPF not cover those? Thanks in advance.
Texan4iu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:43 AM   #52
Hellobatman

Drives: 2017 Ford F250, 2019 Lincoln Navi
Buddy of mine here in town does both CQuartz and Ceramic Pro...both good stuff from what I know. He just did a good friend's car last week, came out amazing! Think it's all personal preference with a bit of performance of product included in the decision one makes. Makes for one incredibly SLICK surface though!
Old 11-08-2017, 11:44 AM   #53
Hellobatman

Drives: 2017 Ford F250, 2019 Lincoln Navi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thompstl1 View Post
Like most of you, I’ve got some experience buffing/waxing cars and decided to learn how to apply the ceramic coating myself. I watched all the online tutorials and decided to try it on my new F-150 Platinum.

Applying a ceramic coating is a lot of labor if you follow all the steps, but it’s not technically difficult.My truck looks absolutely great, and I’m very impressed with the hydrophobic qualities of the coating and how the entire easily rinses clean (even the wheels).

When my ZL1 arrives, I’ll get a good clear bra installed by a professional, however I plan to spend whatever time necessary on perfecting every square inch of the car with the ceramic coating I’ve learned to apply!

I already had a high quality buffer/pads (although that’s not a necessity), and the entire kit was about $300 for the coating (enough to do two cars at least).
I chose Pinnacle since it had different concentration products for paint, glass, and wheels.I think each of the brand names have their particular strengths.

Really looking forward to working with the new car!
It does look great BTW!!
Old 11-08-2017, 12:15 PM   #54
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4iu View Post
Stupid question:

If I'm considering a PPF, do I need to do mods to the sidemarkers (reflector/lights) before getting the PPF placed? Or does the PPF not cover those? Thanks in advance.

PPF doesn’t cover the lenses.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #55
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
PPF doesn’t cover the lenses.
Thank you, Infern0