Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-01-2016, 08:59 PM   #113
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
it may just be the pics, but that thing is ugly as hell. I'm sure someone will like it and in the end it's another choice to have, which is a good thing.
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:38 AM   #114
6LE Designs

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Alrighty, so here's what we did...

NOTE: When I say "our designer" it's a personal friend who works with Chip Foose and 5-Axis. He knows his stuff. Has his degree in automotive design and has been doing everything from Foose work to $100k BODY KITs... yeah, $100k body kits lol... it's for big manufacturers obviously lol, but luckily, we knew him long before all of that so he's more than happy to help us as we used to throw him work back in the day when no one else was lol.

At first we're like, "Let's just notch it." Then we remembered the point was this was to NOT be notched so we could add the Wicker Bill style to it WITH the notch AND to do it right the designer said it would change the whole front shape and, if done proportionally, expose the center front bolt hole again.

Then we thought about flattening it. However, the more we looked at the factory blade spoiler from the back the more we hated it and just thought it looked like a really bad crew cut (straight across) and, as our designer pointed out, not only would that get even WORSE looking as it got taller it would ALL have to be AS HIGH as that center point (you can't just shave the hole spoiler down, your top line would get too wide, to make it not wide you have to change the front slope of the spoiler, to change the front slope and not look horrible you would have to, once again, not cover some bolt holes).

However, the more we just got the preconceived notions about what it was SUPPOSED to look like out of our heads and started to just look at it... it looks friggin awesome lol!

We decided to just really LIVE with it for a day. Drove it all over the place. Got public reaction, found other 6th Gen Owners got their reaction, etc...

Everyone who saw it (6th Gen owners as well as any random person we could find lol) loved it. Some of the people had already seen it on here, weren't feeling it and then in person said the pics were just bad angles that they loved it (some wanted to buy, we said not yet, "Can I leave a deposit?" Not yet lol).

Finally, after looking at every other generation Camaro and spoiler we could find, we decided (again, getting rid of what we were expecting and just taking the spoiler in as designed by our designer) it looks amazing lol.

We DID however take down some of the center arch. We had our designer just make it the LEAST dramatic that he could and not compromise other design elements... now we love it even more lol...

Sorry for the delay, we just wanted to make sure we were 100% happy and excited about the design. We know we will never make everyone happy so all we strive to do is make what we think compliments the car and do it to the absolute best of our abilities in form and function.

Taking a day to live with it and really get a feel for it and then another day to shave some off the arc where we could set us back BUT tomorrow we'll know our cost per piece and have the ordering page up WITH a discount for the first few orders

Oh, we also took a "in the driver seat looking in the rear view mirror" show so you can see the minimal effect on visibility (what there was of it to begin with lol)...

At the end of the day we made a product that REALLY excites us, transforms the car but still looks like it fits the OEM design, and that had everyone from car guys and girls to people who really knew nothing about cars ENTHUSIASTICALLY complimenting us so we feel we've honored ourselves, our customers, and the car with a great spoiler that in person is AMAZING... and it fits 2016 Camaro SS trunks (covers all the holes) lol!

Now let's hear what you think, the good the bad and the ugly!

Last edited by 6LE Designs; 06-03-2016 at 12:51 AM.
6LE Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:06 AM   #115
6LE Designs

They are OFFICIALLY up for sale !!! Be one of the first TEN orders and take advantage of our $100 discount!!! Official sale thread here...

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...04#post9131104
Old 06-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #116
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6LE Designs View Post
They are OFFICIALLY up for sale !!! Be one of the first TEN orders and take advantage of our $100 discount!!! Official sale thread here...

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...04#post9131104
So your selling 20 at that price since you have a listing on eBay as well?
chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:04 PM   #117
6LE Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris227 View Post
So your selling 20 at that price since you have a listing on eBay as well?
Nope 10. Didn't know where would sell so we just end the Ebay auction like we pull down the website page when we hit our ten total.

So far 4 sold...
Old 06-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #118
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Pulled the trigger earlier, i am so excited to get this thing on my car!!! The one dam piece i envisioned to complete the look is finally out! I showed a number of my employees the pictures today and they said its so bad ass. Once its painted and installed it will be truly beautiful/beast on the Camaro!!!!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:57 PM   #119
6LE Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Pulled the trigger earlier, i am so excited to get this thing on my car!!! The one dam piece i envisioned to complete the look is finally out! I showed a number of my employees the pictures today and they said its so bad ass. Once its painted and installed it will be truly beautiful/beast on the Camaro!!!!
Thanks !
Old 07-10-2017, 05:27 PM   #120
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Ok, received my 1LE spoiler today. Researching this install it appears the stock RS spoiler is a pita to get off. So remove 3 bolts each end and break the three plastic clips in the middle. Ok my question is how to break them? I'm thinking firm quick pull upwards? Also I'm thinking I do not have to remove the panel on the inside of the trunk, is that right?
Old 07-10-2017, 06:07 PM   #121
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
You're Need to take off the top inside panel of the trunk lid. This is where it helps to have The cheap trimtools off Amazon for the push poppers.......Reach up with pliers and break off the white three ones and the other ones just unscrew. Be very careful when you're trying to rethread the bolts you don't drop any nuts inside the trunklid- a rattle that will be very hard to get out.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #122
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
You're Need to take off the top inside panel of the trunk lid. This is where it helps to have The cheap trimtools off Amazon .......Reach up with pliers and break off the white three ones and the other ones just unscrew. Be very careful when you're trying to rethread the bolts, you don't drop any nuts inside the trunklid- a rattle that will be very hard to get out.
I do have some trim tools. Ok, I think I got my plan. Thank you Glen for the clarification.